# 9 Maize @ Corn - ABC

heso

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I hope they keep him a little longer but the fans have high expectations. It’s too bad that’s the way it is now. A coach barely has time to get one full class to graduation from initial recruitment. 

I’m of the mindset that you owe it to a coach to give him 5 years. Obviously there are exceptions, but when you are Nebraska and hire a guy like frost, I think you have to give him some time if he’s showing progress. 

Losing to Illinois to start the season is a really bad look. 

Getting Michigan, osu, and msu in their crossover games this year isn’t doing him any favors either. 

26 minutes ago, heso said:

I’m of the mindset that you owe it to a coach to give him 5 years. Obviously there are exceptions, but when you are Nebraska and hire a guy like frost, I think you have to give him some time if he’s showing progress. 

Losing to Illinois to start the season is a really bad look. 

Getting Michigan, osu, and msu in their crossover games this year isn’t doing him any favors either. 

Even five years seems short but I know very little about such things beyond a fan’s perspective. A coach steps into a hot mess sometimes—players have left, recruiting stagnant, and the portal ever present. Get all that up and running again with the job clock ticking and there is barely time to have the older players that said coach recruited in year one mentor alongside the year three and four fresh/soph recruits. 
I get that it’s a job and pays very very well, but I miss the old ways of patience and development and maybe that just isn’t possible anymore. Seven to eight years is several class years going from fresh to graduate but that seems like an eternity these days doesn’t it?

Man what a butt puckering game.

Cade’s comments at the end were 100% true. Previous Harbaugh teams would have folded and lost this game.

I am not ready to say that Michigan is good, but I am enjoying the run. Beating northwestern off the by to get to a matchup with Sparty undefeated would be really nice for this team.

Sparty, pedo and o$u all still loom.

21 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Man what a butt puckering game.

Cade’s comments at the end were 100% true. Previous Harbaugh teams would have folded and lost this game.

I am not ready to say that Michigan is good, but I am enjoying the run. Beating northwestern off the by to get to a matchup with Sparty undefeated would be really nice for this team.

Sparty, pedo and o$u all still loom.

That’s 3 blowout losses, easy. Michigan’s offense can’t score points. Actually Penn state might be a respectable game, they don’t look that impressive.

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

That’s 3 blowout losses, easy. Michigan’s offense can’t score points. Actually Penn state might be a respectable game, they don’t look that impressive.

They are 7th in the nation in scoring. But cade isn’t it… these aren’t great teams they are beating but 2 road wins back 2 back is real nice considering they had question marks everywhere on this team leading 

into the season

On 10/10/2021 at 4:05 PM, Bogeywon said:

Don’t get caught up just yet. Life long M fan but I’ve seen this play out. A LOT of really good teams they have to play still. I’ve seen them completely shit the bed down the stretch a ton. 

😂- sorry that you've had your spirit broken
(also good to see a "rational fan" who recognized how back loaded the B1G East scheduling is for all of them)

• Like 1