Never Forget Okie State 2015

Nueces River Rat

3 hours ago, bullet said:

I think a lot of this complaining  is just FOS.  But Baylor 1992 and OSU 2015 the fix was in for one reason or another.  In 92 they wanted Teaff to go out with a win.  Maybe the refs in 2015 just hated Charlie Strong.  Maybe Detering hated Texas.  Maybe they were getting paid by gamblers.  But those two games were off the charts bad.  Nothing to do with incompetence.

And if you don't think gamblers sometimes have their hands in things, that's like saying there were no bag men.

That’s the part that’s least understood by those who choose to walk with the shepherd.

On 10/12/2021 at 12:15 PM, 'stache said:

Check must have bounced the next year vs. Central Michigan. Their hail mary play was on an untimed down that should have never happened. The game can end on an offensive penalty. It's not even that complicated a rule. And yet they fucked it up. It really is not that hard to believe that referees can simply be incompetent. 

On 10/12/2021 at 1:40 PM, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL this.

It's frankly just amusing AF that anyone thinks Big 12 refs were somehow in the bag for us at any point. I'd venture guess we've been fucked over by incompetent officiating more times than most.  That's what happens when you're a mediocre team - you get fucked by incompetent refs because your margin for error is tiny.

Wasn't this an OSU home game, meaning the officials were probably from the MAC?

2 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Why?

Why did I watch that YouTube  posted up thread? Why did I do it to myself?

I was there and didn't need to re-hash it, but I did.

Now I'm fucking pissed all over again.

Great fucking Thursday morning.

We must never forget this, especially with our entry into the SEC where aggy will accuse us having the fix with the Refs, the TV Nets, and whatever else they think leads to their misery.  When one of those goobers brings up that crap, this clip is an easy throw back to show them the Rig 12 had no love for us despite their spin and other current/former Rig 12 members.  

And of course this week we are playing Okie State and if they are going to throw another team not named OU a lifeline to keep their ranking and record good, it's going to be Okie State.  

On 10/12/2021 at 1:40 PM, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL this.

It's frankly just amusing AF that anyone thinks Big 12 refs were somehow in the bag for us at any point. I'd venture guess we've been fucked over by incompetent officiating more times than most.  That's what happens when you're a mediocre team - you get fucked by incompetent refs because your margin for error is tiny.

17 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yes because conspiracy theories are dumb.

Look, here's the deal, there are 3 things that are possible from the 2015 OSU-Texas game:

1. T. Boone paid off the refs to favor OSU (lol absurd)
  2. The Big 12 refs wanted OSU to win because it's somehow better for the Big 12...?....even though this was a game in late September and there were 8 games left on the conference schedule for both teams... and OSU was third-highest ranked Big 12 team at the time. Both TCU and OU were also undefeated. TCU was ranked in the top 5 and OU was like 15th. 
  3. College refs suck and often screw up calls at crucial moments

If you guys are gonna ride or die on #1 and #2 then ok. Having watched countless college football games in my life over 30+ years, I think I'll stick with #3.

I'll leave it alone now.

Wow.

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

We must never forget this, especially with our entry into the SEC where aggy will accuse us having the fix with the Refs, the TV Nets, and whatever else they think leads to their misery.  When one of those goobers brings up that crap, this clip is an easy throw back to show them the Rig 12 had no love for us despite their spin and other current/former Rig 12 members.  

And of course this week we are playing Okie State and if they are going to throw another team not named OU a lifeline to keep their ranking and record good, it's going to be Okie State.  

Lol, wut? I thought the whole point of realignment was that we were worthless compared to bluebloods. Why would anyone outside our fanbase give a shit about our ranking? Especially this early in the season when all signs are that we have zero chance at going undefeated. You guys are SEC, we're AAC Lite. That's where we ended up. Ain't no conspiracies helping us out.

As for 2015, my suspicious has always been that Strong or someone near him said something early that the ref didn't like and he then went too far with the "bump" flag. It can't have been racism, there are black people all over the field and sidelines and within the reffing ranks. Something pissed him off and clouded his impartiality. That's the easiest explanation. So yeah, be mad at the conference for not punishing it, but don't start backwards and think the conference put him up to it, that's asinine.

I forgot that the Central Michigan game was reffed by the MAC and they were punished. So yeah, there is definitely a reason to be angry at the Big 12 for not punishing refs who made so many mistakes that it can be reasonably inferred there was bias there. My only point is that the source of the bias almost certainly was with the ref himself, not the conference.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17522032/central-michigan-oklahoma-state-officiating-instant-replay-crews-suspended

Edited by 'stache

20 minutes ago, 'stache said:

As for 2015, my suspicious has always been that Strong or someone near him said something early that the ref didn't like and he then went too far with the "bump" flag. It can't have been racism, there are black people all over the field and sidelines and within the reffing ranks. Something pissed him off and clouded his impartiality. That's the easiest explanation. So yeah, be mad at the conference for not punishing it, but don't start backwards and think the conference put him up to it, that's asinine.

This is more or less where I came down on that game.  I really can't see any grand conspiracy or payoff scheme, but something sure got those refs pissed off.  

I watched the fourth quarter hosejob clip earlier this week, got all angry and shit, and now I don't care.  There are a lot more aspects of the Charlie Strong era that piss me off far more than that game. 

Besides, my motivation for wanting to beat Oklahoma State is the fact that they've pretty much owned us since Mack Brown went into full FYPM mode, and I'd like to leave the conference on a high note in that series.

Just now, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Also, after 2004 no okie lite fan should be talking out our collapse against OU this year.

Uh, we hated that almost as much as you did. Fuck ou, their fans were doing the "sooner magic" shit all over again. If there's any anger towards you guys, it's because we hate so goddamned much seeing ou pull that shit off. 

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Uh, we hated that almost as much as you did. Fuck ou, their fans were doing the "sooner magic" shit all over again. If there's any anger towards you guys, it's because we hate so goddamned much seeing ou pull that shit off. 

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, Deej said:

C'mon guys, there's never been a single instance of refs intentionally doing shit to change the outcomes of sporting events. It's not possible. Bunch of sore losers.

Tim-Donaghy-1000x600.jpg

The worst refing i've seen in my entire life was 2006 Mavs v. Heat finals. Dallas was legitimately screwed that series, and one game I recall in particular, I think it was game 3 when Miami was down 2-0 in the series. Second worse was a particular OSU-KU basketball game in GIA when Joel Embiid was at KU. Multiple clearly egregious calls, including Embiid having half a foot out of bounds with no call, and his hand inside the rim blocking a shot with no call. They were both obvious in real time, and clearly shown on replay.

Edited by 'stache

Yes because conspiracy theories are dumb.
Look, here's the deal, there are 3 things that are possible from the 2015 OSU-Texas game:
  1. T. Boone paid off the refs to favor OSU (lol absurd)
  2. The Big 12 refs wanted OSU to win because it's somehow better for the Big 12...?....even though this was a game in late September and there were 8 games left on the conference schedule for both teams... and OSU was third-highest ranked Big 12 team at the time. Both TCU and OU were also undefeated. TCU was ranked in the top 5 and OU was like 15th. 
  3. College refs suck and often screw up calls at crucial moments
If you guys are gonna ride or die on #1 and #2 then ok. Having watched countless college football games in my life over 30+ years, I think I'll stick with #3.
I'll leave it alone now.
I think it was a combo of your second point combined with some of them being racist fucksticks..

Lol, wut? I thought the whole point of realignment was that we were worthless compared to bluebloods. Why would anyone outside our fanbase give a shit about our ranking? Especially this early in the season when all signs are that we have zero chance at going undefeated. You guys are SEC, we're AAC Lite. That's where we ended up. Ain't no conspiracies helping us out.
Black players and position coaches are one thing, HC is quite another. Who knows what racist idiots are thinking? That chest bump was intentional, and I cant imagine that fuckstick even thinking about doing the same to any other coach in the conference. Gundy would have decked him, Stoops would have gotten him fired, Briles would have sent his players to visit that dudes daughter late at night etc...

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Also, after 2004 no okie lite fan should be talking out our collapse against OU this year.

I'm not sure where you're seeing this, because literally every OSU person I know what rooting hard for you guys in that game. We were loving it when you were kicking their ass. 

We were all bummed that you lost.

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

So what about all the other dumb fuckery that wasn't called by the Ref that bumped Charlie?   Like the hold called on Ford who was playing defense?   And the stupid roughing the passer called on your winnie crybaby punchable face QB? 

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

I forgot that the Central Michigan game was reffed by the MAC and they were punished. So yeah, there is definitely a reason to be angry at the Big 12 for not punishing refs who made so many mistakes that it can be reasonably inferred there was bias there. My only point is that the source of the bias almost certainly was with the ref himself, not the conference.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17522032/central-michigan-oklahoma-state-officiating-instant-replay-crews-suspended

And the article notes Walt Anderson suspended the Big 12 Replay booth Refs as well.....  LMAO!!!!    I mean a year later from "nothing to see" in a game that involved multiple fuck ups, to that idiot  suspending the booth Refs for one missed call in a non conference game.   I have to give the MAC full credit for their swift response on something that favored their own.   Damn made the Rig 12 office the look like the idiots they were and continue to be.  

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

That was an amazing game.  It was just a totally dead crowd with 2 minutes to go in the first half.  Then Vince got started.

21 minutes ago, bullet said:

That was an amazing game.  It was just a totally dead crowd with 2 minutes to go in the first half.  Then Vince got started.

Vince got ready to win the game and stepped back onto the field like your proctologist entering the exam room. 

spacer.png