Never Forget Okie State 2015

Nueces River Rat

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

Some of the remaining crew still work our games.  Our referees are actually independent contractors that we pool with 2 other conferences (MWC and Southland).  I don't think Eck actually ever refed another B12 game, but he did the Music City Bowl that year,

In fact, Kelly Deterding (the piece of shit who intentionally ran into Strong) worked the TCU game. You know, the game with two completely bullshit personal foul calls against us. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL this.

It's frankly just amusing AF that anyone thinks Big 12 refs were somehow in the bag for us at any point. I'd venture guess we've been fucked over by incompetent officiating more times than most.  That's what happens when you're a mediocre team - you get fucked by incompetent refs because your margin for error is tiny.

I get what you are saying.   But outright and in your face corruption was on display that afternoon.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL this.

It's frankly just amusing AF that anyone thinks Big 12 refs were somehow in the bag for us at any point. I'd venture guess we've been fucked over by incompetent officiating more times than most.  That's what happens when you're a mediocre team - you get fucked by incompetent refs because your margin for error is tiny.

Just because they aren’t “for OkSt” doesn’t mean they aren’t “against Texas”.

ETA: yes, it’s a double negative, but I did 2 hearts today and I’m too tired to figure it out. Season 2 Whatever GIF by Paramount+

Edited by lilMAC25

Of course. I think that's the point though. The posts on this board for six years have been overwhelmingly 'Fuck Okie Lite' when in reality the hate should all be directed at the refs. I mean I guess Boone may have paid them off... but he's dead.

28 minutes ago, Okie State said:
31 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Of course. I think that's the point though. The posts on this board for six years have been overwhelmingly 'Fuck Okie Lite' when in reality the hate should all be directed at the refs. I mean I guess Boone may have paid them off... but he's dead.

dude, its fuck Okie Lite because fuck Okie Lite, the ref fuckery has nothing to do with it.  you just happened to be the team we were playing.

On 10/11/2021 at 7:53 PM, 1bigtx said:

At Baylor 1992 was the worst.  Refs flipped us off after the game outside the stadium.

This.  All the suspect recruiting of Robert Strait to go along with it.  All to make Teaff look like some damn saint on his way out.  While 2005 OSU was bad, it holds nothing against 92 Baylor.   

And there's not any fan of baylor that isn't an insufferable cunt.    Not a one.   Not a single one.

Edited by pyrohornIII
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

you two cunts should know that everyone on this board doesn't give a fuck about you or your shitty fucking school  go fuck yourself and enjoy being in a shit conference.

They'll just keep posting here, telling everyone that Texas fucked them over, not realizing they were fucked the minute they pledged allegiance to a second-rate school in a trailer park of a state. 

18 minutes ago, Okie State said:
22 minutes ago, dcar00 said:
dude, its fuck Okie Lite because fuck Okie Lite, the ref fuckery has nothing to do with it.  you just happened to be the team we were playing.

Fair enough. Carry on then.

TCU last year was nearly as bad as OSU to be honest.  the first half alone was probably worse than OU this year.  picked up flags twice, drive killing holding, ignoring TCU PI, ridiculous. there was just no fuckery on the sidelines with Herman like there was with Charlie.

everyone forgets how bad it was because we fired our coach anyway and we could have won the game if not for our RB fumbling at the one on first down trying to reach the ball across the goal line.

so yeah Fuck TCU too.

• Hook 'Em 2

TCU last year was nearly as bad as OSU to be honest.  the first half alone was probably worse than OU this year.  picked up flags twice, drive killing holding, ignoring TCU PI, ridiculous. there was just no fuckery on the sidelines with Herman like there was with Charlie.
everyone forgets how bad it was because we fired our coach anyway and we could have won the game if not for our RB fumbling at the one on first down trying to reach the ball across the goal line.
so yeah Fuck TCU too.
So is this really just a Big 12 problem or did it happen in the SWC also? Do refs not suck in the SEC? I don't really watch SEC games so I don't know.

2 minutes ago, Okie State said:
6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:
so yeah Fuck TCU too.

So is this really just a Big 12 problem or did it happen in the SWC also? Do refs not suck in the SEC? I don't really watch SEC games so I don't know.

SEC refs generally favor the higher ranked team.  And they let all kinds of stuff go on after the whistle.  Even Miami of the 90s would get flags for things they get away with.

22 minutes ago, Okie State said:
26 minutes ago, dcar00 said:
so yeah Fuck TCU too.

Everything about the SWC was bush league and embarrassing towards the end. The flag fests and bullshit they would do in the 1990s was embarrasing.

But I have little faith we will not have rages against the SEC refs once we get over there.

9 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

How much Burnt Ends cash do y’all think it would take to hire some dark web hacker group to break in to the B12 ref’s official email accounts and leak their internal discussions cause you just know there is some Gruden level shit it there.

How much Burnt Ends cash would it take to just pay the refs to call an even game?

4 hours ago, formermav43 said:

Eck is gone because he's in the NFL. Not exactly a punishment.

4 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

In fact, Kelly Deterding (the piece of shit who intentionally ran into Strong) worked the TCU game. You know, the game with two completely bullshit personal foul calls against us. 

I'm a pretty even person emotionally.  Don't get riled up about too much about anything and give most everyone the benefit of the doubt.  I watched this and re-lived that season all over again.  Learning these two pieces of shit still are employed as referees at any level pisses me off with the irrational rage.  I wanted Strong to succeed badly but I was pissed he didn't get two more penalties after he was bumped.  He got fucking hosed and I would have been ok if he would have knocked Deterding the fuck out after he threw that flag.  That doesn't change the fact he was the worst coach in history of Texas football but if he had hit Deterding, he was justified.  Didn't realize he was on the crew of the TCU game and now that I know, I'm pissed off all over again.  Eck and Deterling shouldn't be in allowed within a 1000 yards of a football field by restraining order and Walt Anderson is an infected puss filled pussy for defending that crew.  

Two games in my lifetime I can definitely say were losses caused by officials.  2015 Okie State and 1992 Baylor.   

Edited by PhillyD
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Okie State said:
5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:
so yeah Fuck TCU too.

this is gonna be longer than you(or anyone else) wants but good question.

The non holding on Tech and OU is a Big 12 issue.  the other Big 12 thing that used to never get called on OU/Tech was the Lineman or WR downfield block on the wr or RB screens  past the line of scrimmage.  This all stems from Leach.    he was one smart motherfucker and basically said we are going bend/break the rules as much as possible and dare you to call it. there isn't enough refs on the field to catch these things all the time. OU kept doing it when leach left for Tech.  

the overall game is faster and the refs generally don't want to affect the game by throwing flags every play.  Leach knew this.

Stoops was also all in on the secondary holding and daring the call to be made.  this is a lot of the non-call stuff.

one time Stoops was lined up for a 22 yard FG and had the center "hitch" with the ball. we jump. no call. first down OU, one play later TD. smart move. who gives a shit if you get a 5 yard penalty. yet it fails if the dumbasses just call it right.

A lot of these refs are small town fuckers that love to knock down big bad Texas a peg.  they don't give a shit about knocking down OU.  Its weird when we see some fuckery it is invariably some guy from Lubbock/West or podunk East Texas town.

I will admit some of this in the last 10 years is because we've been extremely mediocre.

In SWC I don't remember nearly as much fuckery but the game was slower and the conf didn't care how "exciting" the games were or how many points were scored or generally who was in the chase for the NC.  did shit happen sure.  I distinctly remember getting a huge call in the end zone against North Texas to give us a win.

Holding was less tolerated then and a 17-10 game was just fine.  Refs also weren't hyper sensitized to protect the QB.  sure egregious late hits were called but generally they were looking at the OL.

I will admit that most of this is just flat out incompetence from dumbasses(these guys have proven themselves to be extremely low IQ folks) but year after year we are more penalized than our opponents, yardage and number of penalties.  I chose to believe it isn't random that is happening.

as it relates to OU it doesn't help that we come in with 1 or 2 losses and they are undefeated.  protect the potential playoff team.

I want to say there was some fuckery in the Big 12 champ game we played against them but I'm not gonna bother to go look.

My belief is there a tendency for refs to LOOK for shit to call on Texas and ignore the exact same thing when it comes to OU and sometimes TCU/Baylor/Tech.

TLDR: I hope small town fuck Kelly Deterding is forced to scavenge for a New Mexico/Tulsa  game at 9PM on a Thursday night after we move to the SEC.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 11:57 AM, Nueces River Rat said:

This needs to be refreshed especially coming of the OU game where the Rig 12 Refs did their thing to help those crooks.  Count me in as happy we are leaving this conference with the lack of accountability for their officiating in any sport, but football primarily.  

I was at that game, but never watched any highlights and hadn't seen this clip until just now.  I remember the fuckery, but forgot just how surreal it was to watch it unfold. 

16 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

you two cunts should know that everyone on this board doesn't give a fuck about you or your shitty fucking school  go fuck yourself and enjoy being in a shit conference.

Eat a bag of dicks, shitbird.

We're not the ones still fucking whining about bad calls in a game from 6 fucking years ago.

How very Aggy of you.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 3

21 hours ago, 'stache said:

Check must have bounced the next year vs. Central Michigan. Their hail mary play was on an untimed down that should have never happened. The game can end on an offensive penalty. It's not even that complicated a rule. And yet they fucked it up. It really is not that hard to believe that referees can simply be incompetent. 

19 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL this.

You dipshits have an education, allegedly, from an institution so far down in academic standards that we'd break the scroll function on a mouse trying to find them, so I don't expect you to understand the following: statistically, officiating behaviors in that game were anomalistic across decades of the entirety of college football. There have been articles published on it and you can google it. 

I'm not one to blame officials as much beyond incompetent, typically, but to dismiss a) the data in that game and b) the human element of bad people frequently showing up to bad things, is what you have to do in order to understate the obvious bias pertaining to the officiating in that specific game. It suits your personal narratives, and I don't blame OSU for any of it, so I get it, but it doesn't make you correct. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Eat a bag of dicks, shitbird.

We're not the ones still fucking whining about bad calls in a game from 6 fucking years ago.

How very Aggy of you.

Yet here you are, on a Texas board, posting in this thread.  Is it aggy to bitch or is it more aggy to go to another school's board to post in a thread and complain about what we are discussing?  Pretty sure you're the fucking aggy.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, PhillyD said:

I'm a pretty even person emotionally.  Don't get riled up about too much about anything and give most everyone the benefit of the doubt.  I watched this and re-lived that season all over again.  Learning these two pieces of shit still are employed as referees at any level pisses me off with the irrational rage.  I wanted Strong to succeed badly but I was pissed he didn't get two more penalties after he was bumped.  He got fucking hosed and I would have been ok if he would have knocked Deterding the fuck out after he threw that flag.  That doesn't change the fact he was the worst coach in history of Texas football but if he had hit Deterding, he was justified.  Didn't realize he was on the crew of the TCU game and now that I know, I'm pissed off all over again.  Eck and Deterling shouldn't be in allowed within a 1000 yards of a football field by restraining order and Walt Anderson is an infected puss filled pussy for defending that crew.  

Two games in my lifetime I can definitely say were losses caused by officials.  2015 Okie State and 1992 Baylor.   

I want to say this unequivocally about the 1992 Baylor game:

Yeah, the officiating was beyond horrible. It’s actually on YouTube in its original broadcast (with commercials, evidently what you Austinites all saw if you watched on TV judging by the ads).

I actually took notes on the very obvious calls:

-Two ridiculous holding calls on Brockermeyer, and he evidently was so pissed off that Mackovic had to take him out.

-Clear fumble by Baylor recovered by Texas, ruled down by contact.

-Defensive pass interference on Texas that shouldn’t have been called and if anything should have been called on Baylor (this is the flea flicker play for those somewhat familiar with the game) 

-Baylor receiver catches a pass on the flat, fumbles it clearly in bounds, Texas recovers, but the ref marks him out of bounds. It wasn’t a forward progress thing either because the hit that jarred the ball loose was instant and the first replay shown was with sound and you can clearly hear the whistles well after the ball was rolling on the ground.

-Touchdown Baylor (the last one), ball never broke the plane.

-Personal foul face mask on Texas when it clearly was incidental. Was on a play where Baylor was stuffed for a 5 yard loss on 2nd and 9. It’s actually a stretch to say this was even a penalty, but if it was, the correct ruling is incidental face mask, 5 yards on the end of the run, and that makes it 3rd and 9 instead of an automatic first down.

-There was also a play early in the game where Baylor gained 4 yards on first down, Texas gets flagged for a 5 yard face mask, it gets tacked onto the play and repeat the down, so 1st and 1?!

But with all that said, Texas had two chances to win the game at the end and Peter Gardere sucked shit through a straw. Baylor went for it on 4th down with like 6-7 minutes to play on their own 40, got stuffed because the QB dropped the snap. Gardere picked up 2 yards on the 1st play. But then, he doesn’t call mayday and back out of a pass play where a middle blitz is clearly coming, somehow bounces off the blitzer but in doing so he spins into the arms of the rush end for a 9 yard loss. He then drops back on 3rd and 17, tries to hit Duke on a 12 or so yard stop on the sideline but he’s well covered. On the replay, you can clearly see Baylor was using a soft cover 2 (this was back when zone coverages played out exactly as they’re drawn and it was beyond easy to beat it if you called the right play and had adequate protection) and Mike Adams was clear as day wide open in the middle void. Now, does he get the first if he gets the pass? Maybe and maybe the safeties rally and stop him short. But even if he’s stopped short, Texas is back in field goal range and you’re talking about Scott Szeredy with the wind at his back. The next series was even worse as Gardere just kept forcing passes into tight coverage.

So yeah the ref fuckery had a lot to do with it, but our beloved Peter Peter the Sooner Beater absolutely blew it at the end.

2 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’m shocked this doesn’t happen more often. Not necessarily the qb hitting the ref, but a player just lighting one up for a bs call or two.

I wouldn't doubt it does.  But with the speed of the game, it looks like the Ref got in the way.  A few years ago, a San Antonio High school team got in trouble for trying to do this on the field and make it look like part of the play.  And of course last season, a kid in the RGV body slammed a Ref.   

I will never advocate for violence against Refs of any sort and those 2015 Okie State Refs should thank their lucky stars that security is pretty tight on the field at DKR.   This along with some  of our fanbase treating games like a Country Club Social and at times giving  a flying  flip on the feel of a certain game.   A more rabid and stirred up fanbase might have not acted like this.   Not sure, but I don't think beer sales came to DKR until after this theft?  Anyhow there might have been a few more over the  top fans that day if so which might have led to stuff being thrown at them as they left  the field, etc.  Would have I  advocated that Refs get marinated with warm beer as they left the field that afternoon?  No.  Would it have bothered me?  No.  

All these allegations of corruption or favoritism towards certain teams could be mitigated if they held the Refs to the same standards they hold the  school and players for conduct. When Walt Anderson said he was "generally pleased"  with the Refs in this game, but didn't come out and say yes we screwed up with that holding called on Ford and the conduct of the Side Judge that bumped and provoked Charlie was not acceptable,  the narrative grows stronger of corruption and favoritism.   Results of games can't be changed and most of us get this.   This is not the MLB where on occasion the front office has reversed a bad call and required the two teams to go back and start the game from where the call occurred the next time the teams met later in the season.    Thanks to the technology we have today, every team who submits a video with calls they want reviewed  by the league offices should be shown in a public broadcast available via the internet with an explanation why their Ref was correct.   And in the rare even they admit they screwed up, announce whatever corrective actions on the spot.   Then  keep a tally of repeat offenders who screw up among the Refs, so they would be notice after a certain number and they can  start responding for $40 per game ads on social media for Refs for Pee Wee or Pop Warner.     But at least we will know they are not ignoring the obvious BS and if they suspend repeat offender Refs, then so much the better.    Then maybe Refs like Eck and Deterding will not get jobs in the NFL or remain a Ref in what is supposed to be a respectable conference.    

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Okie State said:
16 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Of course what you’re saying is true, but be honest in answering the following:

When I say the words “Central Michigan,” what image immediately comes to mind?

• Haha 1

I blame our coaches for that loss. 100%.

It wasn't really the same situation even though the result was the same.

You are aware that under the rules of the NCAA, y’all actually won that game, are you not?
I am and that's shit, but why the fuck did Central Michigan have a shot to beat us at the end? It's inexcusable. It's pretty on-brand for us though and I stopped losing sleep over things like that years ago.

1 minute ago, Okie State said:
3 minutes ago, hpslugga said:
You are aware that under the rules of the NCAA, y’all actually won that game, are you not?

I am and that's shit, but why the fuck did Central Michigan have a shot to beat us at the end? It's inexcusable. It's pretty on-brand for us though and I stopped losing sleep over things like that years ago.

I mean I get where your gripe is and I get that the culprit on the final play is the officials, but rightly or wrongly, when shit like that happens, the “victims” of such shenanigans have a tendency to view the other team as the perpetrators. Some instances are more true than others (again see Texas vs Baylor 1992), but that kind of shit goes with the territory.

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

Yeah we got fucked by the refs in that game because college refs fucking suck and often screw shit up in crucial moments that cost teams games.

That doesn't mean there was an active conspiracy by the refs to make us lose that game.

4 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah we got fucked by the refs in that game because college refs fucking suck and often screw shit up in crucial moments that cost teams games.

That doesn't mean there was an active conspiracy by the refs to make us lose that game.

Would you feel the same if 2 or 3 other officiating mistakes of a similar nature happened in the same game? 

I want to say there was some fuckery in the Big 12 champ game we played against them but I'm not gonna bother to go look.

Let me put a dagger in your heart.

4th and 2. We’re up. Clear false start. No call. First down.

We’re driving late. 3rd down in OU territory down 1 score. They not only hold Lil Jordan, but they continue with it until it becomes PI. No call.

OU scores again LHJ houses the kick. It was holding but nothing we have not seen 1000 times from OU.

The first two were no doubter, easy calls.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Would you feel the same if 2 or 3 other officiating mistakes of a similar nature happened in the same game? 

Yes because conspiracy theories are dumb.

Look, here's the deal, there are 3 things that are possible from the 2015 OSU-Texas game:

1. T. Boone paid off the refs to favor OSU (lol absurd)
  2. The Big 12 refs wanted OSU to win because it's somehow better for the Big 12...?....even though this was a game in late September and there were 8 games left on the conference schedule for both teams... and OSU was third-highest ranked Big 12 team at the time. Both TCU and OU were also undefeated. TCU was ranked in the top 5 and OU was like 15th. 
  3. College refs suck and often screw up calls at crucial moments

If you guys are gonna ride or die on #1 and #2 then ok. Having watched countless college football games in my life over 30+ years, I think I'll stick with #3.

I'll leave it alone now.

• Fuck You 2

40 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Look, here's the deal, there are 3 things that are possible from the 2015 OSU-Texas game:

2. The Big 12 refs wanted OSU to win because it's somehow better for the Big 12...?....even though this was a game in late September and there were 8 games left on the conference schedule for both teams... and OSU was third-highest ranked Big 12 team at the time. Both TCU and OU were also undefeated. TCU was ranked in the top 5 and OU was like 15th. 

If you guys are gonna ride or die on #1 and #2 then ok. Having watched countless college football games in my life over 30+ years, I think I'll stick with #3.

I'll leave it alone now.

Generally, I agree with you. I can point to several games where a call went our way or didn't that directly impacted the outcome of the game. It was simply the type of calls and the volume that made that particular game suspect. Also, there are multiple other scenarios in which something untoward could be happening without #1 or #2 coming into play. You can't lay out false parameters and then expect everyone to just agree with you. Just off the top of my head, a couple of small town Texas officials didn't care for the University of Texas hiring a black head coach would be completely absent any conference or school involvement. The confluence of events definitely deserved more scrutiny than it got, and people here harbor some residual anger about it. I don't care why it happened, but I do care that it was the worst officiated game I've seen in 25 years. It's literally the only game I've ever felt that things weren't on the up and up.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
typo
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I'll leave it alone now.

you keep forgetting #4 as usual.

one other thing on SWC days vs. now as it relates to holding.  There is way more passing now and the big plays/splosives overwhelmingly come from passing(unless it is the OU counter).  say they averaged 1 hold/game in the late 80's early 90's and they average 2 or even 2.5 now.  

given the number of pass plays run these days, why wouldn't you hold every pass play?

Of course you actually have to get your hands on the player to hold which Jones and Karic even failed to do sometimes.

It's one thing for a bad call to go against you in a crucial situation. 

It's another thing when 5 seconds after you score a 30 TD they announce a hold without ever throwing a flag on the play and where there's not even a situation where holding is even possible by any stretch of the imagination.  And then that happens similarly another half-dozen times.  And then the refs give out more penalty yardage in the 4Q than your opponent gains on offense. There were SI and ESPN writers comparing it to Crawford and asking for an investigation.

There's no comparison for that to missing an obscure ruling against CMU.

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

so you are saying refs don't have "Elite execution at crucial moments"?  Lincoln Riley would be so disappointed.

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I'll leave it alone now.

I think a lot of this complaining  is just FOS.  But Baylor 1992 and OSU 2015 the fix was in for one reason or another.  In 92 they wanted Teaff to go out with a win.  Maybe the refs in 2015 just hated Charlie Strong.  Maybe Detering hated Texas.  Maybe they were getting paid by gamblers.  But those two games were off the charts bad.  Nothing to do with incompetence.

And if you don't think gamblers sometimes have their hands in things, that's like saying there were no bag men.

• Hook 'Em 1