Cowboys @ Vikings: Halloween Night Edition

Vic Mackey

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Horn80 said:

You do realize Jerry is still the GM?

Of course, as he was for the most recent 3 SB's.

I'm no fan of Jerry Jones, but he's not keeping this team from winning a Super Bowl.

Hell, if Dez had been awarded the catch he made in Green Bay, we might've had 6 by by now. Who knows?

Bottom line is as I said, though.  If this team gets eliminated from the playoffs, it won't be JJ's fault, unless it's McCarthy's fuck up and you want to blame Jones for hiring him.

1 minute ago, Mileslong said:

So dallas couldn’t take a sixth round flyer on erhlinger as a backup instead of rolling with the worst backup in the nfl?

It’s not like Dak was hurt or anything, so no need for a decent backup QB this season…oh wait. 

I hope Jerry eat some rotten candycorns tonight and drops dead. Old piece of shit, this is just ridiculous. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So dallas couldn’t take a sixth round flyer on erhlinger as a backup instead of rolling with the worst backup in the nfl?

The hyperbole from this fan base is obscene.

No he’s not the worst. No he’s not good either. He’s about what you expect in a backup you don’t spend a ton of money on.

You think the jets or Saints expected what they got from their Backups today? Of course not. Would it surprise you if both of them look bad next week? Not me.

I am in no way saying I’m happy with Cooper or that they don’t try to add a veteran. But they did add they guy in Dalton last year and it wasn’t any fucking better.
  • Fuck You 1

And yea Drew any backup if he becomes the long term starter is usually not ideal but you bring in a solid backup for a game or two here, a game or two there.  Not to play 11 games straight with him.  The position of backup QB should be one designed such that if he has to play 2-3 games he can get a win in one of them.  

Cam Newton is a fucking fruitcake but he was 7-8 as a starter for NE last year, and yet there he sits.  Bring him in, take a look see.  I mean he would be about 40th on the list of questionable folks Jerry has brought in....but again there he sits.

For Belicheck. And he looked cooked there too. Lots of smoke and mirrors. . I suspect he wouldn’t be that good here.

And once again, IM NOT saying they’re fine with Cooper. I just don’t know what the answer is.

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

No he’s not the worst. No he’s not good either. He’s about what you expect in a backup you don’t spend a ton of money on.

You think the jets or Saints expected what they got from their Backups today? Of course not. Would it surprise you if both of them look bad next week? Not me.

I am in no way saying I’m happy with Cooper or that they don’t try to add a veteran. But they did add they guy in Dalton last year and it wasn’t any fucking better.

He’s not even competent as an nfl qb. I don’t know about where he might rank I just know he’s not remotely useful and that’s a fucking problem.

And yea Drew any backup if he becomes the long term starter is usually not ideal but you bring in a solid backup for a game or two here, a game or two there.  Not to play 11 games straight with him.  The position of backup QB should be one designed such that if he has to play 2-3 games he can get a win in one of them.  

Agreed. But how many of those are there in the league? 5? Maybe?

Wish we had one.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

For Belicheck. And he looked cooked there too. Lots of smoke and mirrors. . I suspect he wouldn’t be that good here.

And once again, IM NOT saying they’re fine with Cooper. I just don’t know what the answer is.

Belichick does fuck all with the offense.  Again you are not bringing in a guy that if you end up having to use him for a significant part of your season is going to lead you to playoff glory.  Just somebody who can win a game like this.  

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

Please name three backups worse than him. 

The things that hurts is literally every Cowboy fan knew this year was of most importance to get a backup QB. Fuck last year, when Dak was out all year, it was a lost year. But I think we all knew Dak was going to miss a week or two, and with being a Super Bowl level team, a game or two is huge! Just total mismanagement, and completely ridiculous. Saint just beat the best team in the league with a 3rd stinger in Trevor Siemian. We’d be winning with him tonight, because he’s actually shown he can play in this league. Rush is a disaster. Make me eat crow you ginger fuck! 

Edited by hundredTT