Cowboys @ Vikings: Halloween Night Edition

Vic Mackey

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, DougO said:

He's even better when he is doing more linebacker things all over the damn field rather than filling in at end. What a bad motherfucker he is.

Actually, the advanced stats would say the exact opposite and show that he needs to start for us at end.  

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We are going to the super bowl 

All kidding aside, I share your optimism... but there's a lot that has to go right between now and February for that to happen. Thinking mostly about Dak's leg, Tyron's ankle, and all the other one loss teams in the NFC.

But what's really nice is to be back in that conversation compared to previous seasons where that game last night would have been over during the third quarter. 

Edited by crimsonlonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Vikings got to be royally pissed at Cousins.

Play calling was atrocious but that’s on kubiaks kid. Gary sucked the entire time he was here so the front office went ahead and hired his kid. I’d list Kirk towards the bottom of our problems because he’s actually had a solid year.

Dallas DL was swarming. He’s not kyler murray so that’s a deadly combination with how bad our OL can be.

The play action pass to the fullback that went for a combined-2 yards was mind bottling. Its truly amazing how every one of our games has gone down to the last play or the final minute no matter if it’s NFC leading Arizona, back up qb led Dallas, Sam darnolds Carolina or winless detroit.

Next week I bet we beat Lamar jackson in baltimore(I don’t think it happens but wouldn’t be shocked at all)

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Play calling was atrocious but that’s on kubiaks kid. Gary sucked the entire time he was here so the front office went ahead and hired his kid. I’d list Kirk towards the bottom of our problems because he’s actually had a solid year.

Dallas DL was swarming. He’s not kyler murray so that’s a deadly combination with how bad our OL can be.

The play action pass to the fullback that went for a combined-2 yards was mind bottling

Cousins is being paid 96 million in guaranteed money to lose to a scrub QB at home.  Let that soak in.

8 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The play action pass to the fullback that went for a combined-2 yards was mind bottling. Its truly amazing how every one of our games has gone down to the last play or the final minute no matter if it’s NFC leading Arizona, back up qb led Dallas, Sam darnolds Carolina or winless detroit.

Next week I bet we beat Lamar jackson in baltimore(I don’t think it happens but wouldn’t be shocked at all)

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

There is a lot of confidence and winnerness on that team right now. Definitely something new compared to the recent past. 

It helps to have a defense you can actually count on against scrub O's.  we haven't had that in years.

If McCarthy helped get Quinn on board, I give him a lot of credit.  the previous DC's all would have wasted Diggs and Parsons. getting rid of Jaylon is also a sign that Quinn(McCarthy as well) isn't going to suffer fools.

4 minutes ago, Hate said:

I think he means the 2007 season of 13-3 and losing to the Giants at home.  I think that was the last game ever at Texas Stadium too.

No, they played the entire 2008 season at Texas Stadium. I think the last game at Texas Stadium was when the Cowboys let the Ravens rush for 800 yards in the second-to-last game of the season.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

No, they played the entire 2008 season at Texas Stadium. I think the last game at Texas Stadium was when the Cowboys let the Ravens rush for 800 yards in the second-to-last game of the season.

It was.  I was at that game.  It was 75 degrees outside when we were tailgating in the Blue Lot.  It was 25 degrees, sleeting, and 40mph winds when we left.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Agree on the play calling, but it's also a Mike Zimmer issue.  I know his conservatism is coming under fire in Minnesota with a lot of the fanbase wanting him fired.  Zimmer is as conservative as it comes.  They do generally play good solid D but his offensive preferences are probably too antiquated.

What a huge win, especially since we didn't play all that well offensively (didn't run the ball well, 2 turnovers, missed another FG, etc), but sometimes Father Fortune is shining down on you.  A couple of unbelievable plays from two vets (Amari and Zeke) gave us a chance.  And congrats to Cooper Rush, has to feel good.

Reading this thread the following morning is hilarious. Some of y'all need to check expectations for a quarterback making his first-ever start, on the road, and having only three prior pass attempts.

Rush looked pretty meh at times, but 24-of-40 for 325 yards, two scores, and one pick is anything but a bad debut. Will be interesting to see who starts next Sunday at home versus Denver (i.e., do we roll the dice and rest Dak more?).

Last night was more than a win; it was like three wins in one. Cowboys stayed in the first-place race despite resting Dak, playing a backup with virtually no experience, and overcoming two turnovers, lots of silly mistakes, and some questionable officiating.

Seven of the Vikes' 17 first downs came via penalty (the first three were legit, the last three were not, and don't recall the middle one). In contrast, two of Dallas' 23 first downs were awarded via penalty.

At least 13 of the Vikings' 16 points came on those penalty-aided drives. Also, Minnesota had no turnovers and didn't miss a kick. No reason for Dallas to win this game yet, somehow, it did.

Most of the credit goes to the defense and offensive stars like Amari and Zeke, but Rush deserves his props, too.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, hundredTT said:

The things that hurts is literally every Cowboy fan knew this year was of most importance to get a backup QB. Fuck last year, when Dak was out all year, it was a lost year. But I think we all knew Dak was going to miss a week or two, and with being a Super Bowl level team, a game or two is huge! Just total mismanagement, and completely ridiculous. Saint just beat the best team in the league with a 3rd stinger in Trevor Siemian. We’d be winning with him tonight, because he’s actually shown he can play in this league. Rush is a disaster. Make me eat crow you ginger fuck! 

Narrator:

the ginger fuck made him eat an entire plate of crow.

8 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

My bad. It was a 3 loss team with a first round bye that didn't win a playoff game.

I don't know why this is anywhere comparable.  One team had a overhyped, not focused team playing a team they should have boatraced(2007) the other had a rookie Dak vs The MAN Rodgers making a prayer miracle of a throw to get a FG to win the game(2016).   

If you don't see the difference in this team vs those I don't know what to tell you.  From coaching, to mental toughness, to grit...this team got something goin gon.