Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He and Davis is a very nice start to the offensive side. Should make Stone or Milroe a happy camper.

Let me try my best Looch impression here.

"An absolute monster get.  Tom Herman straight up took a TE that had camped at aggy, was offered, and highly coveted by Coach Fisher, who is considered one of the top coaches around when it comes to identifying and using TE's"

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Let me try my best Looch impression here.

"An absolute monster get.  Tom Herman straight up took a TE that had camped at aggy, was offered, and highly coveted by Coach Fisher, who is considered one of the top coaches around when it comes to identifying and using TE's"

Don't forget that Tim Brewster offered him at UNC.

29 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Watching McCree's Hudl package just makes me love Lake Travis' offense

Well thats what Texas's offense looks like with Hudson Card at QB and Lake at TE. I'd say Stein's offense is about 80% Herman's with 20% held over from LT/Morris.

29 minutes ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

Mcree?  Or was he last nights?

I'm not sure what's more staggering here, your reading comprehension or the fact you apparently haven't realized that McRee committed to Texas like 2 hours ago. 

He was asking to take bets on the hashtag. The 2021 Hashtag. Not who the SHHH would be registered to (spoiler alert: it's new commit McRee). 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

I'm a Herm apologist, but I just don't get some of the things he does.

Coach seems to value making strong impressions but the way recruiting is today limits his vision IMO. As an example, his 50 yard line offers when we are hosting a big game and as much as kids love that ritual it limits momentum if other HC's have been on the kid for a few years.

In addition, this methodology works best when your staff are capable recruiters.

10 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Coach seems to value making strong impressions but the way recruiting is today limits his vision IMO. As an example, his 50 yard line offers when we are hosting a big game and as much as kids love that ritual it limits momentum if other HC's have been on the kid for a few years.

In addition, this methodology works best when your staff are capable recruiters.

I think the second point is the big one. It'd be great if we didn't have to rely on Warehime or Giles to keep guys warm day-to-day.

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

I think the second point is the big one. It'd be great if we didn't have to rely on Warehime or Giles to keep guys warm day-to-day.

This is an unpopular (although not rare) opinion, but Warehime has quietly been a solid recruiter for us--both at OL and now at TE.

His position also had a solid year last year on the field.  We'll see how/if the young guys develop under his tutelage this year.

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

This is an unpopular (although not rare) opinion, but Warehime has quietly been a solid recruiter for us--both at OL and now at TE.

His position also had a solid year last year on the field.  We'll see how/if the young guys develop under his tutelage this year.

Everything changed when he started to include more fiber in his diet