The King Of Queens

Vic Mackey

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I love this show. Stiller, Oswalt, and Victor Williams (Deacon) all kill it. 

Watching Leah Remini’s weight fluctuations is the show within the show. 

Yeah I love to watch old episodes

2 hours ago, woohorn said:

I've noticed lots of domestic violence material that wouldn't fly now. I wonder if they'll have to take episodes out of syndication just like they did for Sunny.

Like what episodes?  I just saw a couple episodes replayed that were heavy on the play they did of the boy being molested by the guy who comes in the window lol.  Screw them for censoring shows like that but I don’t think king of queens ever came close to “lots of domestic violence” material.   

Edited by Hook1997

5 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

she twists his nipples sometimes when they’re fighting. 

I think there were probably a few not so subtle “she has a temper and gets angry and hurts him” type of things.  I remember the episode that drinking made her nice 

Edited by Js1

I like this show.  I am a little in love with Leah Remini, all the way back to the saved by the bell days.  Her weight in season 6 is due to her being pregnant with her daughter.  She lost it and recovered very well.  The NY attitude and her look just mmmmmmmmmmmmm........brb.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I think there were probably a few not so subtle “she has a temper and gets angry and hurts him” type of things.  I remember the episode that drinking made her nice 

the episode where he goes to group therapy for men in abusive relationships (when she thinks he’s going to an over eaters group) is a great one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Netflix should have attempted to pick up King of Queens' streaming rights. I think it would be a modest hit on their platform. Pretty loyal fanbase doing a rewatch along with young people discovering it. 

I watched it on Peacock. It seems these days, so many of these networks have their own streaming services and place their shoes on there. The Office and Friends comes to mind. Both odf those left Netflix to go to Peacock. 

I enjoy the show and have a long term crush on Leah Remini. 
There’s some non PC stuff that I’m a little surprised still airs. Doug on multiple occasions as described something as “gay.”  

Reminds me of watching an episode of Dragnet and I think Friday was going off on hippies and beatniks and described their glorification of drugs and homosexuality.  Surprised they still played that episode. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Reminds me of watching an episode of Dragnet and I think Friday was going off on hippies and beatniks and described their glorification of drugs and homosexuality.  Surprised they still played that episode. 

LOL, I've been trying to educate my young coworkers on pop culture before the 90's. I dug up the "baby in the oven" episode of Dragnet and showed it to them. Don't think they realized it was a drama, not a comedy. 

On 11/15/2021 at 8:06 AM, Moby Ric said:

I like this show.  I am a little in love with Leah Remini, all the way back to the saved by the bell days.  Her weight in season 6 is due to her being pregnant with her daughter.  She lost it and recovered very well.  The NY attitude and her look just mmmmmmmmmmmmm........brb.

Plump Leah >>> skinny Leah

• Haha 1