Reacher

Scary Stranger

If we’re gonna quibble.  A naturally muscular man like Reacher needs to eat a lot of protein and energy to stay big like that.  A hobo isn’t gonna get that kinda nutrition.  A real world Jack Reacher would be 170# and skinny fat.  I’m OK with the producers ignoring that fact and casting a man who takes PEDs and >200 grams of protein a day.

Smome have criticized Season 2 for being a team-up.  Reacher’s a loner and doesn’t have friends.  I get that, and I like the change.  Good chemistry from everyone and let’s him be a little less wooden.

Season 1 had a team up too, just with people he met during the course of the season. I think season 1 was better because a character like Reacher just seems made for small town crime. Like, put Reacher in the town from Road House (before Dalton cleaned it up) and that's a great season right there.  Season 2 was definitely still entertaining (you can't watch him throw a fucking grill onto a guy's SUV to stop him from getting away and not love that shit), but stopping a huge international terrorist plot is a 24 storyline.

On 1/19/2024 at 6:57 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

Seriously? It's a pretty bad series, start to finish, so the bar was set very low and yet, somehow, the finale gave the impression it was written by 12-year-olds ... or Steven Seagal.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

6 hours ago, Parliament said:

Smome have criticized Season 2 for being a team-up.  Reacher’s a loner and doesn’t have friends.  I get that, and I like the change.  Good chemistry from everyone and let’s him be a little less wooden.

i don't mind the team-up, but the flashbacks were a lot.

reacher lives by a code.  it's really simple.  if he says stuff about people, we're inclined to believe it.  we don't need 2 hours of flashbacks in an 8 hour season.

On 1/21/2024 at 1:48 PM, naija said:

wasn't this one of Amazon's best performing shows? whoever said upthread that it's a superhero show is correct. it devolved into the kind of bad everything where you just give up and try to enjoy it for the ridiculousness that it is

I miss the days of when "low brow" stuff was Banshee, Spartacus and Black Sails.

Hey asshole, Black Sails was never "low brow." stellar writing and acting. One of the few shows where the characters stay true to who they are and the plot follows throughout. Apologize for putting it in the same sentence as fucking Spartacus. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Robert Patrick was playing an almost cartoonish bad guy who seems to not worry about 50 bodies being left behind because of him. 

Also, Robert Patrick somehow morphed into a Cabbage Patch Kid with age. Look at that face! It's blown up worse than Ray Liotta's.

Dude must be a heavy drinker.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

Bad guys: "The most important thing in the world is tying up loose ends."

Also the bad guys: "Let's keep dropping clearly tortured people out of helicopters, even though hikers keep finding them almost immediately."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

18 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Hey asshole, Black Sails was never "low brow." stellar writing and acting. One of the few shows where the characters stay true to who they are and the plot follows throughout. Apologize for putting it in the same sentence as fucking Spartacus. 

I agree with you. But that's how it was considered. Toby Stephens should have been nominated for something.

Spartacus, the earlier seasons, was good. Beneath the ridiculous amount of gore and T&A, you could tell there was real talent in the writing.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Bad guys: "The most important thing in the world is tying up loose ends."

Also the bad guys: "Let's keep dropping clearly tortured people out of helicopters, even though hikers keep finding them almost immediately."

Why wouldn't they go dump them over the ocean?

5 hours ago, naija said:

I agree with you. But that's how it was considered. Toby Stephens should have been nominated for something.

Spartacus, the earlier seasons, was good. Beneath the ridiculous amount of gore and T&A, you could tell there was real talent in the writing.

He was fucking great, as was Ray Stevenson. I need to go binge re-watch it.

The scene with him holding the hospital bed with Dixon strapped to it out of the helicopter was a tad (no pun intended) much I will admit.

Favorite line of the season that did make me LOL was when Terminator said to Reacher on the phone "What is it that you want?" and Reacher thought about it for a second and said "I want to throw you out of a helicopter." 

12 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Favorite line of the season that did make me LOL was when Terminator said to Reacher on the phone "What is it that you want?" and Reacher thought about it for a second and said "I want to throw you out of a helicopter." 

That was a beautiful moment.  It felt very honest.

• 1 month later...