2022 Texas Softball - Locked and Loaded

Js1

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

A few better AB's in 2nd for Texas.

Wonder how long Mike plans to keep Czech out there -- not sure she can go more than 1-2 more innings

Yeah... missing spots now, gives up a 2 run HR to the #9 hitter

3-0    ferk

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

We are going to agree to disagree. 

Do you think it was a huge risk when Dolcini started B2B games against Washington on the same day? 

No bc she’s the ace and the workhorse. Czech hasn’t had as much work. She’s coming up big in OKC but there was no guarantee. Don’t forget how bad she was against Baylor. 

Just now, Js1 said:

No bc she’s the ace and the workhorse. Czech hasn’t had as much work. She’s coming up big in OKC but there was no guarantee. Don’t forget how bad she was against Baylor. 

Yeah, but your argument earlier was based on pitching the same day and B2B games. It's the exact same scenario as Dolcini against Washington. 

There's no guarantee just like as there was no guarantee with Dolcini. White is just rolling with the hot hand. 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Agree with this. Thank you Czech for coming up huge in game 1. Give it to your stud in game 2

Just now, dcar00 said:

we should just watch pitches.  she would have walked 4 batters already.

I don’t watch much softball, I guess “riseballs” are a thing. That 2nd batter this inning struck out on a pitch that started at her shins & dropped even lower. Brutal to watch. 

5 minutes ago, TexasIsBetter said:

Agree with this. Thank you Czech for coming up huge in game 1. Give it to your stud in game 2

I agree with the "you roll with your stud" argument the problem is Dolcini has given up 7 runs in the last 7 innings at the WCWS. 

The way she's pitched recently at the WCWS it's no bigger risk than starting Czech again. 

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

mike's really outthinking himself in this one.

I agree with this.  roll with your ace(who you didn't have to use in the first game) and put the lineup out that scored 5 on them.

you could always bring czech in.

after the first inning(seeing the zone) we should have been watching a lot more pitches.  she works eye level but she doesn't really pound the zone.

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I don’t watch much softball, I guess “riseballs” are a thing. That 2nd batter this inning struck out on a pitch that started at her shins & dropped even lower. Brutal to watch. 

that was our pinch hitter.  She's been really bad all year.  

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I agree with the "you roll with your stud" argument the problem is Dolcini has given up 7 runs in the last 7 innings at the WCWS. 

The way she's pitched recently at the WCWS it's no bigger risk than starting Czech again. 

I get that. But one of those starts was vs OU. I personally would have gone with SS and then to Hailey, but what do I know?

Just now, TexasIsBetter said:

I get that. But one of those starts was vs OU. I personally would have gone with SS and then to Hailey, but what do I know?

Yeah, but she wasn't that great against Arizona either. 

I would buy the "you start the stud" argument if Dolcini was still pitching like she did against Washington and Arkansas. In fairness to Dolcini, her arm is probably about to fall off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Dolcini's velocity is way down again. She's definitely still having arm issues. 

Damn, she battles though. 

Yeah, she doesn't look good.  Really struggling -- now we know why Hailey didn't start tonight.