Anyone else get a call about ticket relocation for 2022?

MaxHorn

33 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

I am getting moved from Sec 19 Row 6 to Sec 31 Row 33.  I am not sure how Row 6 = Row 33. 

That seems like a MAJOR upgrade. Row 6 is WAY too low for corner seats. Row 6 is too low even on the 50. You’ll have a much better view of the filled.

Bernard

• Hook 'Em 1

OU seat selection is GREAT news. Will be interesting to see how many prime seats are blocked off for university use - been very disappointed with my OU seats recently. 

Also classic Texas - increasing prices, 100% of which is to the season ticket cost a year after making a big deal about locking in seat gift amounts. Knew that was going to happen!

17 hours ago, Beef said:

I was moved to Sec 31 and have seats 26-29 and was told I have an aisle seat. I had the aisle in Section 17 and that’s a big deal for me. They said I was keeping it.

What row are you on? If you’re on one of the rows that’s next to the entrance portal (57-66 is the upper one, think the lower one starts around row 30) then the south aisle seat probably is 26…

Edited by Ignatius

They are moving my seats from 19 to 31. Total price incl donation I think is $940. Is this worth it? Basically I can sell Alabama for $350-$400 and will have to eat the rest at $20-30 game. 

I don’t understand your math in relation to what you’re “eating”.

I also don’t understand the point of buying season tickets at those cost levels if you aren’t dead set on going to the Bama game.

You can get better seats at better prices on the secondary market for nearly all other matchups when compared to the “per game” cost at your minimum donation levels….especially if we get a another shitpile of 11am kickoffs.

I know recent ST buyers think they’re “saving money in the long-run” by staying locked into donation levels prior to the SEC move, but I don’t think the ticket market is going to change that dramatically in the future…plus CDC is just gonna keep raising the face value anytime he thinks there’s any remotely increased demand.

If you go back ~15 years, there’s only been a handful of truly “mega expensive” home games that I can recall: tOSU ‘06, ND ‘16, USC ‘18, LSU ‘19.

It will be a big-ish deal the first time certain marquee programs visit, but apart from the first Aggy rematch, what other opponent is going to break the bank now that Bama’s already coming and LSU (with CFP aspirations) was just here? If anything I think the Michigan game in 2024 will be bigger than almost all of them, except maybe UGA if they go on a huge run and Sark gets the program into CFP contention (ha?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Muny_Tex said:

I don’t understand your math in relation to what you’re “eating”.

I also don’t understand the point of buying season tickets at those cost levels if you aren’t dead set on going to the Bama game.

You can get better seats at better prices on the secondary market for nearly all other matchups when compared to the “per game” cost at your minimum donation levels….especially if we get a another shitpile of 11am kickoffs.

I know recent ST buyers think they’re “saving money in the long-run” by staying locked into donation levels prior to the SEC move, but I don’t think the ticket market is going to change that dramatically in the future…plus CDC is just gonna keep raising the face value anytime he thinks there’s any remotely increased demand.

If you go back ~15 years, there’s only been a handful of truly “mega expensive” home games that I can recall: tOSU ‘06, ND ‘16, USC ‘18, LSU ‘19.

It will be a big-ish deal the first time certain marquee programs visit, but apart from the first Aggy rematch, what other opponent is going to break the bank now that Bama’s already coming and LSU (with CFP aspirations) was just here? If anything I think the Michigan game in 2024 will be bigger than almost all of them, except maybe UGA if they go on a huge run and Sark gets the program into CFP contention (ha?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last years seats in 19 were only $650 incl donation. It was basically a cheap call option on the team and SEC move. At 50% higher price and like 7-5 or so team with lackluster schedule it's prob not worth it 

3 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Hey man, by any chance do you have a Longhorn tattoo on the back of your shoulder and did you used to attend games shirtless in the early days of Mack?

That’s my good buddy Wade. I sat directly in front of him. We both used to have tickets in 30, but not together. We moved to 31 to get our seats together. He had four in row 62. I had four in row 61 directly below him. Years ago I was talking to a stranger and mentioned Section 31. His first question was, “Where do you sit in relation to Drunken Shirtless Guy?”.

Bernard

Edited by Bernard
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 1/31/2022 at 5:18 PM, JesusSweatDuck said:

I'm hoping we can move to 13, 14, or 15.  I wonder how much $ I would have to donate to get there.  31 with the early season day games will suuuuuuck.  At least previously, you'd be in the shade except for 11 AM starts.

From the seating map, I think 13-15 would be cheaper.  They are Tier 3 tix where 31 is Tier 2 I think.  

6 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

request for intel: someone with top-secret clearance

i need a precise numbered seat map for sections 30, 31 & 32, top to bottom, all 3 "blocks" from row 1 to the top

please post, or if you are uncomfortable with that, DM me and we'll go drop-account email

no one has replied yet offline - this is an urgent request for the benefit of all surlers

22 hours ago, CrownKing said:

Got moved from 16 to 34. I really liked 16, could see plays develop plus straight on view of Jumbotron. 34 will prob kill my eardrums and wrench my neck. My living room tv is looking mighty inviting. 

Same sitch here (old and new section). The tailgate, kegs, and projector are looking mighty inviting indeed.

On 2/5/2022 at 3:01 PM, GTNY said:

OU seat selection is GREAT news. Will be interesting to see how many prime seats are blocked off for university use - been very disappointed with my OU seats recently. 

Also classic Texas - increasing prices, 100% of which is to the season ticket cost a year after making a big deal about locking in seat gift amounts. Knew that was going to happen!

CDC hinted at raising donation levels last year was my interpretation. It doesn't look that that actually happened which was their who point in locking in now. Didn't they say new ticket holders from '22 on would be subject to rising donation levels? Did they actually move forward with that?

4 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

CDC hinted at raising donation levels last year was my interpretation. It doesn't look that that actually happened which was their who point in locking in now. Didn't they say new ticket holders from '22 on would be subject to rising donation levels? Did they actually move forward with that?

They didn't this year. They increased the price of the tickets but not the "donation" which is exactly what I thought was going to happen now that the donation isn't tax deductible. I doubt "locking it in" last year will give us any meaningful benefit in the future because of that.  

28 minutes ago, GTNY said:

They didn't this year. They increased the price of the tickets but not the "donation" which is exactly what I thought was going to happen now that the donation isn't tax deductible. I doubt "locking it in" last year will give us any meaningful benefit in the future because of that.  

Im pretty sure once we join the SEC post-2021 season ticket holders can expect an increase in their donation level every 2-3 years….

13 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Im pretty sure once we join the SEC post-2021 season ticket holders can expect an increase in their donation level every 2-3 years….

why would they do that vs just increasing the price of the tickets? They would get 100% of that increase vs. increasing donation level if people are locked in, and since neither are tax deductible anymore, it doesn't really matter to any new season ticket holder. So it would just be Texas being nice to their fans, which they keep moving further and further away from. 

1 hour ago, GTNY said:

why would they do that vs just increasing the price of the tickets? They would get 100% of that increase vs. increasing donation level if people are locked in, and since neither are tax deductible anymore, it doesn't really matter to any new season ticket holder. So it would just be Texas being nice to their fans, which they keep moving further and further away from. 

Because your donation doesn’t just apply to football, it applies to all sports in which you’re a season ticket holder…

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

Because your donation doesn’t just apply to football, it applies to all sports in which you’re a season ticket holder…

They just took out basketball from that according to CDC on LHN last week, and can the athletic department not just allocate ticket revenue across other sports anyway?

On 2/7/2022 at 8:53 PM, GTNY said:

They just took out basketball from that according to CDC on LHN last week, and can the athletic department not just allocate ticket revenue across other sports anyway?

There are three parts:

Season Ticket Cost (not tax deductible, required), Seat Related Gift (not tax deductible, required), Longhorn Excellence Gift (tax deductible, not required). What is changing this year is the seat related gift is now separate for football and basketball, with the move to Moody next year.

The Seat Related Gift is what is locked according to the athletic department (if you locked in last year), but the season ticket cost can always change.

Edited by hornbri

11 minutes ago, hornbri said:

There are three parts:

Season Ticket Cost (not tax deductible, required), Seat Related Gift (not tax deductible, required), Longhorn Excellence Gift (tax deductible, not required). What is changing this year is the seat related gift is now separate for football and basketball, with the move to Moody next year.

The Seat Related Gift is what is locked according to the athletic department (if you locked in last year), but the season ticket cost can always change.

Right and my point is that given Seat Related Gifts are no longer tax deductible, theres no difference to a purchaser of season tickets, nor the athletic department. So I bet we dont see the seat related gift going up regardless - they will just raise "Season Ticket Costs" for everyone, even if we are locked in on the "Seat Related Gift" 

Edited by GTNY

1 hour ago, GTNY said:

Right and my point is that given Seat Related Gifts are no longer tax deductible, theres no difference to a purchaser of season tickets, nor the athletic department. So I bet we dont see the seat related gift going up regardless - they will just raise "Season Ticket Costs" for everyone, even if we are locked in on the "Seat Related Gift" 

Yes I agree with that, it seems like the best way for them to increase revenue. 

The only way to do that is win

Those seats are sold and the people in them are in the club, correct? Winning will just increase the price, giving us more cocktail fans or unused corporate seats.

In a sold out game against Nebraska in the 00’s, my buddy and I were attempting to find a suite we were invited to. We got off on the wrong floor (east end conference rooms) and were stunned by wall to wall people (maybe a 1000) hanging out inside casually watching (or not) the game on tv. It was a wtf moment.

On 2/5/2022 at 11:58 AM, LTtxfan said:

10901065.jpeg?width=600&fit=bounds

Looks like the Texas Club people got tired of the student section invading their area so they are moving the students to the NEZ. These students will now sneak into the Terrace and Touchdown Clubs. NEZ club ticket holders should expect a clusterfuck of students sneaking into the club areas now.