Texas at Texas Tech Tuesday Feb 1st, 2022 ESPN2 8pm CT

LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You mean when our head coach was still at your program? Yeah - those were the days. 

Mark Adams was kinda there too.

Now with his players.

Chris Beard rolled out his squad of the best the Forty could buy and lost.

What changed.?

Edited by slorch

10 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Ok so you don’t know anything about college basketball. Maybe just sit this out.

I mean if stating what has actually happened in the season so far is that to you then I guess so.  For the most part we have sucked royally on the road.  We have not played well against good teams.  We have the Tenn win, but we blew a 17 point lead by going scoreless for 5 minutes and 32 seconds.  Needed a FT in the final seconds to pull that out.  We have played the easy part of our schedule.  Maybe I'm jaded from watching this same shit over and over the last 5 seasons but if this team wants to do any damage this year they are gonna have to find something fast.  Cause when they play decent teams, they have no offensive answer.  

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Great defense, balanced scoring, good FT / 3pt shooting... Yeah, I'd say they are in the conversation at least

they shoot 32% from 3 and 68% from the line.  They do play very good defense.  they don't have a really good point guard.   they aren't going to the FF.

Yea I’m not gone hate Tech is a really good team and could definitely play deep into the tournament, I think they’re toughness and style of play will give teams problems i also believe them not having a true ball handler will hurt them.. we lost to a top 15 team for sure, 

top 10 ehhh could be, 

Just now, chemHORN said:

I mean if stating what has actually happened in the season so far is that to you then I guess so.  For the most part we have sucked royally on the road.  We have not played well against good teams.  We have the Tenn win, but we blew a 17 point lead by going scoreless for 5 minutes and 32 seconds.  Needed a FT in the final seconds to pull that out.  We have played the easy part of our schedule.  Maybe I'm jaded from watching this same shit over and over the last 5 seasons but if this team wants to do any damage this year they are gonna have to find something fast.  Cause when they play decent teams, they have no offensive answer.  

I believe today’s game now makes us 7-4 against top 2 quad teams. So yea you don’t know anything about college basketball 

we didnt get blown out, the over covered, and nobody died.... I'll take it. Now, lets beat their ass in Austin. I wish we had a student body that would return the favor, but maybe the blue hairs will pop an extra centrum silver and let it all hang out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

I wanted to say that Beard developed an amazing team in Texas Tech, but unless I'm wrong, only three players returned from the Beard team?

I'm doing my once-a-week drinking thing.  Tell me I'm messing this up?
image.thumb.png.e1a1fc6efb8425d09928f41af334605d.png

McCullar

Santos-Silva

Shannon

Nadolny

Chibuzo

Are the Beard holdovers.

Adams has done a hellova job.

3 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

I wanted to say that Beard developed an amazing team in Texas Tech, but unless I'm wrong, only three players returned from the Beard team?

Add Kevin McCullar and Chibuzo Agbo, but basically it's 3 players that see significant minutes. The rest were brought in by Adams.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Chris Beard was like 6-12 in the Big 12 in his first year at Tech, and he will be better than that in his first year at Texas even though he inherited a roster he had to build from scratch with transfers.  So, I think what changed is that he’s now at a superior university.

LOLz.

Never stop being you, UT.  Take the loss, motherfuckers.

8 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I believe today’s game now makes us 7-4 against top 2 quad teams. So yea you don’t know anything about college basketball 

You edited this post from 7-2 to 7-4 and you are still wrong. It is 7-6 after tonight.  So we are basically .500 against the top half of the NCAA. And are below .500 against quad 1.  

Edited by chemHORN

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Tech is good but I don't see them as an actual title threat. Kansas certainly isn't. Baylor could make some noise if they get things rolling at the right time but they're more proven.

How do we go from one of the 2 best conferences to not having a team be good enough to win in the tournament??!

Edited by D3zii

2 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

You're missing McCullar. Also, Chibuzo Agbo was on both teams, but plays a minor role.

Bryson Williams, Kevin Obanor, Davion Warren, and Adonis Arms were all fantastic pickups by Mark Adams. He deserves the credit for building this team, not Chris Beard. There was a time right after Beard was hired where Tech looked like it was going to completely implode, and now Adams has the team legitimately competing for a #3 seed. If they get hot enough down the stretch, they're a 2. Very impressive. If it weren't for the miracle work from Otzelberger at Iowa State I'd say he deserves Big 12 coach of the year. But Iowa State was a complete disaster on every level, and now they're a legitimate tournament team.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

LOLz.

Never stop having that chip on your shoulder, little brother. It's as regular for you as you slorching a topic on this website. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Gotta put this one in the rear view and focus on our next ranked matchup at home.
Hate to hang this one on officiating, but dang the fact we didn’t take a free throw till 17 minutes left in the second half is really telling...

The team is up and down, but it was an extremely hostile environment playing a very well coached team. The upset there would have been huge but can’t focus on the loss.

Good to see sparks from Care and Ramey!

The next one they come to ATX and they won’t get those calls or have some much shooters bounce.

Hookem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

LOLz.

I mean he's right. Beard has 2 commits in his first year at Texas rated higher than any recruit in your program's history. He also recruited all 4 of your top 4 all-time commits. 

So... good luck. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

How do we go from one of the top conferences to not having a team be good enough to win in the tournament??!

From having a lights out bottom 5 teams so that there's no easy win on the schedule.

But the tournament hasn't been played yet, so let's see how it actually plays out before making any proclamations.

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

no one here is killing themselves over a february road loss.  every team in the conference will have one.

Absolutely agreed.

By the same token, the motherfuckers( not you) saying this is Tech's Super Bowl are just trying to console themselves.

You've posted straight up on the topic.

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Iowa State is going to finish like 9th in the conference this year.  I’d cool it on the Otzelberger miracle talk.  

Yeah but they were literally winless in conference last year. 0-18.

They might not be back to where they were, and will likely finish in the bottom half, but that is one hell of a one year turn around.

Just now, slorch said:

Absolutely agreed.

By the same token, the motherfuckers( not you) saying this is Tech's Super Bowl are just trying to console themselves.

You've posted straight up on the topic.

The tickets cost more than tickets to your national championship game. It clearly was your super bowl. That doesn’t change anything about winning or losing, but it does show what your programs priorities are.

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

How do we go from one of the 2 best conferences to not having a team be good enough to win in the tournament??!

I mean I think Baylor has the horses to potentially win another one. I don't think Kansas or Tech do. That doesn't mean they aren't good teams. Watch Auburn or Kentucky play if you want some context. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean he's right. Beard has 2 commits in his first year at Texas rated higher than any recruit in your program's history. He also recruited all 4 of your top 4 all-time commits. 

So... good luck. 

How'd it work out?

Adams is driving a Ford Festiva vs that Ferrari Chris is in...

well, at least if you believe most of the fuckers on this board.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

The tickets cost more than tickets to your national championship game. It clearly was your super bowl. That doesn’t change anything about winning or losing, but it does show what your programs priorities are.

Keep repeating it.  Maybe it'll be true one day.

or it won't.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Wife and I were discussing pregame and I called bullshit.

Agreed that this was fishing for "conflict."

Now, when Beard departed, things were anything but kosher with Adams.  Do I think there was a fight last night?

Fuck no.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

How'd it work out?

Adams is driving a Ford Festiva vs that Ferrari Chris is in...

well, at least if you believe most of the fuckers on this board.

What are you talking about? You obviously have as good of if not a better roster than Texas this year. That isn't going to continue to be the case. 

• Hook 'Em 1