Texas @ OU in Arlington Weekend Thread

zlavydra

11 minutes ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

I think the call to pull Tristan was at least fair. But you go Harrison there, who’s been far better than Nixon lately. Nixon hasn’t looked nearly sharp enough to risk him there. Throw your best guy.

This shit where we sacrifice the good of the team for one individuals confidence has got to stop with Pierce.

2 hours ago, Hammerin Hank said:

I thought he should have left Tristan in. I think there’s a good chance he could have gotten the ground ball we needed 

Yep, he gets a lot of ground balls.  I know there are differing opinions, but I don't think Nixon should come out of the pen with more than 4 outs to go.  He is not the same pitcher mentally he was last year.    He is totally fucked in the head after that tech loss.  Since that loss he has 6 walks and 6ks with 5 earned runs in 4.2 innings. 0 earned runs before Tech loss.

Edited by Cousin Strawberry
info

12 minutes ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

I think the call to pull Tristan was at least fair. But you go Harrison there, who’s been far better than Nixon lately. Nixon hasn’t looked nearly sharp enough to risk him there. Throw your best guy.

This shit where we sacrifice the good of the team for the sake of trying to build one individuals confidence has got to stop with Pierce

Marcus Olivarez: 6 app, 7 IP, 1.00 WHIP, 5 Ks, 0.00 ERA

Coy Cobb: 7 app, 7.1 IP, .55 WHIP, 6 Ks, 1.23 ERA

Luke Harrison: 12 app, 14.2 IP, 1.23 WHIP, 15 Ks, 1.84 ERA

Why does Pierce continue to throw Nixon into house fires? Blows my mind... Give Nixon a clean inning with a 3 or 4+ run lead until he proves he has his control back.

Edited by chase25
  • Hook 'Em 3

I'm already tired of over-analyzing this team and it's barely April.  Just win this fucking series against the fucking Sooners.  

TCU is looming awfully large next weekend and it's still Sunday morning.  

Kinda like Trey in the leadoff spot. Reminds me a bit of Stubbs in that spot before Peoples took it over. Good athlete, lots of power and good average. Strikes out more than you want at that spot but with EK out i think it’s the best option. Really need Doug to figure some stuff out. Glad to see Todd back and hopefully he can deliver. This is really a must win game

Edited by hobbes2702