Texas @ OU in Arlington Weekend Thread

zlavydra

28 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

It’s probably somewhat deadened with more fans. 

what’s worse is Craig said the roof has to be closed for a midday start with the sun out because complex shadows make it too tough on the fielders.  Are you kidding me? A multi billion dollar architecture fail. 

It must have something to do with the noon start because they've had the roof open for 1:30p Sunday games last year.

Just now, Dahobbs said:

We have no reliable bullpen, including Nixon. Something happened with this team mentally. 

I think I posted it in the aggot thread, but the loss of Witt, followed by the multiple midweek games and Carolina road trip not only really fucked up the rotation, but it put too many youngsters in pressure situations and apparently blew their fucking minds.

22 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Ump just called a ball on the same pitch he called a strike to punch out Melendez. Actually the one to Melendez was worse. 

Idk how it looked on tv yesterday but Melendez seemed to have 2 at bats where the ump fucked him on strike calls. 

3 minutes ago, chase25 said:

It doesn’t matter. Either the players are going to turn it around or they are going to fold. And Pierce is about as bland as a Manila piece of paper so it’s pretty much on the players to light a fire under their own ass.

Luke was a great option to put in right there I’m just amused we use our best bullpen arm down 4-0 in the 4th of a rubber match rather than up 1-0 in the 7th in game 2 and a chance to take the series. Just elite managing

Team has no dirtbags.  Pierce only recruits dude type players and they do not bring dirtbag energy.

2 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

This team reminds me of 95’.  We had good starting pitching and a shit bullpen. We had Smart and Kjos and a third guy and then it went to shit.

That time period is a Texas Baseball blank for me.  I was not in Austin and coverage in D-FW was lacking and there was minimal Longhorn internet.

In fact, trying to follow Texas Baseball is what attracted me to hornfans in the first place.

Look at Luke. It’s almost like we do have a bullpen arm that could have won us a series yesterday, would you look at that.. Looking forward to seeing us continue to trot Nixon out there as closer for the rest of the season

Edited by chase25

This team is beyond average. Getting roasted by average pitching. Hosting a regional will be a struggle. I thought the hitting could cover the pitching against weaker opponents but nope. They feast on shit pitching so we got that going for us.

Just now, chase25 said:

Look at Luke. It’s almost like we do have a bullpen arm that could have won as a series yesterday, would you look at that.. Looking forward to seeing us continue to trot Nixon out there as closer for the rest of the season

trot Nixon....iswydt.  well played

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

This team is beyond average. Getting roasted by average pitching. Hosting a regional will be a struggle. I thought the hitting could cover the pitching against weaker opponents but nope. They feast on shit pitching so we got that going for us.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Been saying this since South Carolina.

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

How is our lineup so productive with our Friday night ace but can’t score after that? 

how the fuck were we ranked #1? Fucking lol.

Well we had a friday starter going on sunday and a sunday starter in the pen and no one knew Nixon would crater. 

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oy.  Nice swing and a miss on a pitch well off the plate, Silas.

6 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

We’ve been doing a lot of that this weekend 

Swinging at shit way off the plate for strike 3 or watching it down the middle.