2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Kind of bullshit that HPU checked his hand. That's just a spot where the situation can escalate for no reason. Framber kept it cool and Machete knew he had to be over there too

i was thinking the same thing. very cool head there by framber. 

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

I miss .340, 220+ hit Altuve

That great glove in the hole was entertaining...

[phrasing]

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

I can’t tell if folks are leaving for good or just need a break but a lot of people getting of from their seats…and boos not directed at Astros right now 

They live in New York, so going home can't be much better...

1 minute ago, Starfleet Command said:

Forrest Whitley is back for real. 

The reports of his demise were overstated. He did a little blow, he made a stupid change to his delivery, there was the ‘Rona which shut down all the minor leagues and he got TJ surgery. None of those things sapped his talent. I mean TJ does occasionally but most guys come back just fine from it. This is welcome news to see him come back from this looking good, but it shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone that he still has great stuff and can dominate A ball. 
On a serious note, I would like to see both him and Brown in the bullpen in August and September to see if they are multi inning weapons in the playoffs and to get their feet wet for hopefully starting responsibilities next year. 
obviously if those two guys hit you are talking about being in contention throughout YA’s deal, you will have a cheap rotation, and you can afford to give Tucker whatever he wants on his extension. 
It really can’t be overstated how important to the rest of this decade it is that those two hit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

I thought the Mets were supposed to be good

Just now, wood said:

LOL. Exaftly what I came here to post. I'm not impressed either.

Let’s calm down on mocking them. If they get DeGrom and Scherzer healthy in the playoffs and can trot those two out 4/7 they will be an absolute motherfucker. 

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Let’s calm down on mocking them. If they get DeGrom and Scherzer healthy in the playoffs and can trot those two out 4/7 they will be an absolute motherfucker. 

Carrasco sucks.

He gave 4 runs before getting an out last week and got 1 out before giving up 4 runs tonight 

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Are they good batters?