2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Those expecting Mancini to play a lot of outfield are going to be disappointed. He’s played all of 3 games as a left fielder and 10 in right in the past 2 seasons. He might get some starts there at MM but that’s probably it. 

Edited by TonyTexas

Just now, TonyTexas said:

Those expecting Mancini to play a lot of outfield are going to be disappointed. He’s played all of 3 games as a left fielder in the past 2 seasons. He might get some starts there at MM but that’s probably it. 

Correct. The 790 Adams said today Mancini will only play LF at the Juice Box. 

10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Ugh, rain delays could be a factor this series

plane was delayed last night because rain, holding over Cleveland. Plane had to land in Columbus to get gas, then try again to land again in Cleveland 

Cleveland, World Series champs in rainouts and postponed games

I know this from owning the Guardians in my 13-run league

10 minutes ago, dr99 said:

If Mancini isn't an everyday player than Click failed big time at the trade deadline. The Astros have scored almost 100 less runs than the Yankees and only 3 more runs than the Rangers. The offense needs help.

We are 16th in runs scored per game in MLB. Literally below average. That’s what happens when you are carrying a 1B with a 92 wRC, a catcher with a 62 and whatever the hell is going on with CF, plus a bench that’s been awful until Diaz lately. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yuli is “hot” in average I guess but if you have watched every game it hasn’t been like he’s hammering the ball. Dinks to right field and ground balls to the right of second base. No power. Has not hit a home run in over a month. If he is still going to play at first then the trades were a fail. Mancini should be everyday first base. This blinding loyalty to Yuli is crazy. He means a lot to the team and clubhouse but he needs to be the occasional starter not everyday. We will see how it works out.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We are 16th in runs scored per game in MLB. Literally below average. That’s what happens when you are carrying a 1B with a 92 wRC, a catcher with a 62 and whatever the hell is going on with CF, plus a bench that’s been awful until Diaz lately. 

We're 5th in team OPS and team wOBA. 

26 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

We're 5th in team OPS and team wOBA. 

Those are nice stats, but they aren't translating to team that actually scores a shit ton of runs. You just aren't going to consistently score runs with guys that can't get on base at least 30% of the time. 4 guys in the lineup tonight with OBP under .300, with another 2 within 18 of that number.

50 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Yuli is “hot” in average I guess but if you have watched every game it hasn’t been like he’s hammering the ball. Dinks to right field and ground balls to the right of second base. No power. Has not hit a home run in over a month. If he is still going to play at first then the trades were a fail. Mancini should be everyday first base. This blinding loyalty to Yuli is crazy. He means a lot to the team and clubhouse but he needs to be the occasional starter not everyday. We will see how it works out.

Also I think he’s walked 3 times in the last month. Yuli is not hot. It’s probably the best he will ever be again and it’s being dragged to almost acceptable by a 340 babip. Complete fools gold. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m well aware. We are 16th on runs scored. The disconnect between the 2 is largely based (to the extent it goes beyond luck) with having a black hole at the ass end of the lineup. 

Nah it's almost all luck.  Everyone's bottom of the order sucks

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

Lulz at all the "who had the best trade deadline" articles that assumed we would actually play mancini and vazquez every day 

I said I suspected we got 1 bat bc we wouldn’t ever play Vasquez. Didn’t also dream we wouldn’t play Mancini either. That’s a nice kick in the balls. 
I wonder if Click hates Dusty more than Dusty hates Chas. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I said I suspected we got 1 bat bc we wouldn’t ever play Vasquez. Didn’t also dream we wouldn’t play Mancini either. That’s a nice kick in the balls. 
I wonder if Click hates Dusty more than Dusty hates Chas. 

and Dusty keeps wondering why teams fire him and he hasn't won a championship.

Just now, WBT said:

Imagine if we had traded for Soto

Other than the 3 day acclimation period I’m sure we would have had I suspect he’d play him at least whenever Framber or LMJ were on the mound because they are ground ball pitchers. Might let him pinch hit for Maldonado if we are down 3 in the 8th or 9th. 

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

and Dusty keeps wondering why teams fire him and he hasn't won a championship.

Racism.