2022 Texas Rangers Thread

CowtownHorn

Freakin' Grieve never figured out when it was time to wax nostalgic about baseball's ancient past while there are runs being scored and shit. He acts like he doesn't even realize there's an actual game going on. Just keep CJ around full time.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freakin' Grieve never figured out when it was time to wax nostalgic about baseball's ancient past while there are runs being scored and shit. He acts like he doesn't even realize there's an actual game going on. Just keep CJ around full time.

I’m sure he realizes what’s going on on the field doesn’t really matter. Tag can stay until he’s dead as far as I’m concerned.

18 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Where’s my boy, @Dr Fear? This can be his new spreadsheet for the season. 

Didn't do it, but I may have to start! Back of the envelope, you would be up about $800 if you had bet $100 on the opponent -1.5 every game.  You would be up about $400 if you had just bet $100 against them winning every game.  They were around even all of the Angels games except the one they won, around -135 for the Rockies games.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

No he can’t. Fuck TAG and fuck his cookie talk. He cost us the best thing we’ve had in the last 20 years in Josh Lewin not counting Beltre and Vlad.

Fucking this. TAG is god awful. He is worse than the product the Rangers put on the field.

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We don't even have a quality start yet.  Not sure if Texas is the only team without one though.

Only about half the teams have one. But for those teams, it's probably a result of the shorted sprint training limited pitch counts more than anything else.

1 minute ago, CowtownHorn said:

Over/under on number of games this season when Woodward is canned? 30, 40, and 50?

Is it a Woodward issue? I don't care one way or another about keeping him on but is any manager going to do a better job with this shit sandwich of a bullpen?

Just now, ztejas said:

Is it a Woodward issue? I don't care one way or another about keeping him on but is any manager going to do a better job with this shit sandwich of a bullpen?

Shit I don’t know but after spending a bazillion dollars this off-season…a 6 and 24 or 8 and 32 start isn’t going to sit very well with the Rangers brass. Somebody will have to fall on the sword. I know it’s probably a pipe dream but I’d love to see Beltre run this team. I’d at least be excited again.