The NBA Finals- Warriors vs Cavs

Goo Punch

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Wow.  Watch it again.  That was Curry being a bitch.  That wasn't talking trash.  That was nananabooboo shit.  I hope you can watch again.  You're usually a decent poster so I'll just assume you overlooked how it went down.  Because I'm looking at it again and wow,  what a bitch move by Curry.  

You're seeing it through your own prism of hatred then. You can very clearly see LeBron's head bobbing as he's yapping at Curry after the block. Curry gets in LeBron's space to talk back. LeBron pushes him like, "Don't step to me, midget." Just good playoff basketball.

Just now, aggie08 said:

You're seeing it through your own prism of hatred then. You can very clearly see LeBron's head bobbing as he's yapping at Curry after the block. Curry gets in LeBron's space to talk back. LeBron pushes him like, "Don't step to me, midget." Just good playoff basketball.

Im sure draymond taunting lebron at the FT line had a little to do with lebron being heated at the moment.

Warriors might sweep them, but all anyone will talk about is Lebron and how badass he is. Dude almost single handedly beat the warrior super team. And yes, I realize the irony of lebron being beat by a super team.

If I'm Lebron, my trash talk starts and stops with "let's go 1 on 1."  Not a man in this world that could take him.

This all coming from a die hard Spurs fan.

3 minutes ago, HookEm said:

People complaining about Curry taunting LeBron...

I'm asking sincerely: am I talking about the post block sequence, and everyone else is talking about a completely different play where Steph actually did taunt LeBron that I apparently missed? Because nothing about the post block sequence can be considered taunting from either guy.

• Like 1

Just now, Machinator said:

This was an all time great performance by LeBron, but it was not a 1v5. The Cavs got a 20-10 from Love, and quality contributions from Nance.

I'm kind of racking my brain to come up with a better finals performance that I've seen during my lifetime (I'm 32), and coming up empty. The fact that it was just a game 1 and not to stave off elimination or get the close out probably means stakes weren't high enough for it to truly be #1, but hooly shit that was something else.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This was an all time great performance by LeBron, but it was not a 1v5. The Cavs got a 20-10 from Love, and quality contributions from Nance.

Hard not to feel like that that was their once chance to make this series a little interesting. It's hard to feel bad for JR, but I do. His stupidity also bailed out KD, who did literally nothing to box him out on that free throw.

But I'm definitely not thinking sweep now. The amount of hatred and energy that's going to be present in Cleveland is good for at least a game.

25 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I grew up hating LeBron.  And was a huge Mavs fan when him and Wade were bitches.  The guy has matured.  A lot.  And GS has no class.  They're a bunch of posers.  Their fans are the absolute worst in professional sports.  Maybe all time.  They're that bad.  Have you been to SF and seen these tools?  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
PC police can relax on use of tools/SF...no hate in that sense

24 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Remind me, who was the first one to start jawing?

Did you even watch the lead up to that play? There was a lot of Draymond and crew acting like clowns even before that play got started. That's what Doc is trying to tell you but for some reason you don't see it.

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

I grew up hating LeBron.  And was a huge Mavs fan when him and Wade were bitches.  The guy has matured.  A lot.  And GS has no class.  They're a bunch of posers.  Their fans are the absolute worse in professional sports.  Maybe all time.  They're that bad.  Have you been to SF and seen these tools?  

I'm not sure poser is correct here

Just now, Thatguy said:

Did you even watch the lead up to that play? There was a lot of Draymond and crew acting like clowns even before that play got started. That's what Doc is trying to tell you but for some reason you don't see it.

His diatribe--the one that I responded to--specifically singled out Curry. 

I will never attempt to defend Dray's crazy ass beyond that as an amazing basketball player. His mouth is a beating. I can absolutely see why everyone on the planet hates him.

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I grew up hating LeBron.  And was a huge Mavs fan when him and Wade were bitches.  The guy has matured.  A lot.  And GS has no class.  They're a bunch of posers.  Their fans are the absolute worse in professional sports.  Maybe all time.  They're that bad.  Have you been to SF and seen these tools?  

This

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

I will never attempt to defend Dray's crazy ass beyond that as an amazing basketball player. His mouth is a beating. I can absolutely see why everyone on the planet hates him.

He's not an amazing player. He would be above average on any other team.

1 minute ago, NoRagrets said:

He's not an amazing player. He would be above average on any other team.

He's the best defensive player in the league, and he had 13 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists, 5 steals, and 2 blocks tonight. But please, continue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He's the best defensive player in the league, and he had 13 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists, 5 steals, and 2 blocks tonight. But please, continue.

You got me. I'm sure having KD, Curry, Thompson, etc. doesn't help pad those stats. He's Ibaka in his prime.

Just now, aggie08 said:

Bro. As soon as Lebron is fouled Klay starts waving at the crowd. 1.23 mark. KD is clapping loudly. Draymond then starts acting a fool. Curry joins in with the cute behind the back and tries to take Thompson to the cup. I am not sure you understand what's disrespectful about that, but when the opponent has already lost the thing to do is to dribble out the clock and hand the ball to the ref. It's disrespectful to keep trying to pile on points vs a team that's already conceded defeat. That's why I said "if that's the way you see it".

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He's not even the best defensive player in his team (iguodala), on the floor tonight (Lebron), or the league (Kawhi).

Edited by NoRagrets
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Bro. As soon as Lebron is fouled Klay starts waving at the crowd. 1.23 mark. KD is clapping loudly. Draymond then starts acting a fool. Curry joins in with the cute behind the back and tries to take Thompson to the cup. I am not sure you understand what's disrespectful about that, but when the opponent has already lost the thing to do is to dribble out the clock and hand the ball to the ref. It's disrespectful to keep trying to pile on points vs a team that's already conceded defeat. That's why I said "if that's the way you see it".

What game were you watching?

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Dude. How often do you see guys purposely take 24 second violations with 35 seconds left? Maybe once or twice a year? THAT'S taunting to you? Attempting a layup (not a step back 30 footer) at the end of the shot clock?

• Like 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

Dude. How often do you see guys purposely take 24 second violations with 35 seconds left? Maybe once or twice a year? THAT'S taunting to you? Attempting a layup (not a step back 30 footer) at the end of the shot clock?

In that situation you dribble it out. Happens all the time. They did it twice. That's why TT got upset as well. Guys dribble it out all the time.

5 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

He's not even the best defensive player in his team (iguodala), on the floor tonight (Lebron), or the league (Kawhi).

None of that is remotely accurate. LeBron maybe 7 years ago. Kawhi is the best lockdown one-on-one defender I've ever seen...he doesn't have the same impact on a team's defense as Dray's versatility and basketball IQ does in today's game.

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

In that situation you dribble it out. Happens all the time. They did it twice. That's why TT got upset as well. Guys dribble it out all the time.

With less than 10 seconds, yes. Livingston should have swallowed it. With 35? Hardly ever.