The NBA Finals- Warriors vs Cavs

Goo Punch

2 minutes ago, Chult86 said:

The problem is that this play shouldn't have been reviewed either.

THEY CAN ONLY REVIEW THE PLAY IF THEY THINK THE DEFENDER WAS POTENTIALLY IN THE RESTRICTED AREA

Once they are in a review determining the restricted area, they can then look and double check legal guarding position. But they can't just review it only on the basis of legal guarding position.

Well man I don't know what to tell you but THEY DID. Maybe they wanted to make sure about the restricted area in initially, and then in the process realized that it wasn't a FUCKING block.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I mean..... All of this drama obscures Lebron going Angus Young on us..... Hmmm....

Cute purse though.

Im really suprised dude weed caught up with JR Smith though. One time he "didn't know he was in the game" and forgot to play defense, instead hugging Jason Terry on the bench.

53 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Well man I don't know what to tell you but THEY DID. Maybe they wanted to make sure about the restricted area in initially, and then in the process realized that it wasn't a FUCKING block.

Lmao at this dude. As if you wouldn't be crying your eyes out if this situation were reversed and James were the beneficiary.

1 hour ago, Sidney Sherman said:

It's really nice in San Fran if you ignore the heroin needles and homeless people's shit on the sidewalks.

1 hour ago, Orca of Peace said:

gotta disagree, Mission isn't good. My cousin lives on 3rd a few miles south and it's Welcome Back Kotter down there. Lots of better areas in SF alone. 

I think y'all are confusing "the Mission" where yeah it's grittier to "Mission Bay." 

Edited by YChang

1 hour ago, Orca of Peace said:

gotta disagree, Mission isn't good. My cousin lives on 3rd a few miles south and it's Welcome Back Kotter down there. Lots of better areas in SF alone. 

when's the last time you were there?  also a few miles in the city might as well be a different area code.

8 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

no shit.  

i can not believe this is the main talking point coming out of game 1.

calls at the end of a game are almost always more important because obviously there is no time left.  If this occurred in Q1 no one would talk about it. If JR's mistake happened in the first minute of the game, no one cares.  The clock matters. 

Wrong as it gets. The initial reaction by the ref was his arms out to the sides like he wad about to call the block, but then he realized it was the King so....

The replay clearly shows James sliding over at the last second and initiating the contact, which is the epitome of what a blocking foul is. 

And Ty Lue is wrong, there have been several charge/block calls that have been reviewed and reversed in the last couple of years.

Here is one that in my opinion, is way closer to being a charge, yet it is reviewed and changed to a block.

Um...he claps, lunges forward, and is about to make the charge call of his life until he looks over to his ref mate then makes the call

Nothing he does indicates hes about to make a blocking call

Mauer thought it was a charge right away. Go watch the video

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Did you not read what you posted? Here, I'll highlight it for you.

4G2833E.png

You posted it in black and white and still don't understand it. They can call it a block for not being in legal guarding position regardless of position in or out of the restricted area. OR they can call it a block for being in the restricted area.

So never heard back from you.

1527878625526_sp.jpg

Did they iniciate the review based on their rules... to determine if the player was in the restricted area or not? The rule is called "restricted area block/charge review" and although they can do whatever they want after review, the review is for when they are not unreasonably certain if the defender was inside or outside the restricted area. Is 3 feet away from the area not enough?

1527862964486_sp.jpg

I think that what happened with JR is emblematic of why LeBron is 3-5 in the Finals. People talk about the lack of talent on Bron’s hand picked teams, but besides the talent it’s the fact that everyone in the team just assumes that the one guy is going to win the game for them. You’re a professional, a starter on a team that’s perennially in the NBA Finals, and yet you still assume/expect LeBron to do everything because that’s what his teams in Cleveland have always been based around.

”JR, what happened?”

”Uh, I thought LeBron was gonna do something.” 

Guys like Wade, Chalmers, and even Haslem we’re ready to make plays in late game situations in Miami. The LeBron dynamic in Cleveland has always been this way, and it’s come back to bite them on many occasions.

Edited by Goo Punch

So never heard back from you.

1527878625526_sp.jpg

Did they iniciate the review based on their rules... to determine if the player was in the restricted area or not? The rule is called "restricted area block/charge review" and although they can do whatever they want after review, the review is for when they are not unreasonably certain if the defender was inside or outside the restricted area. Is 3 feet away from the area not enough?

1527862964486_sp.jpg

You didn't hear from me because I'd already addressed that a half dozen times and I thought you could read. Yes, the idea that they were unsure whether he was in the restricted area is absurd. Either it is bullshit or they are terrible officials. YMMV.

I tend to have very little sympathy for the argument that "the bad call in our favor shouldn't have been corrected." Especially if it's allowed by rule to be corrected.

4 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Lmao at this dude. As if you wouldn't be crying your eyes out if this situation were reversed and James were the beneficiary.

Man, that would have changed the whole complection of that game if LJ gets the call over KD... But JR has to be the biggest Shaqtin a fool of NBA finals history right now...

11 minutes ago, Machinator said:

L2M report for Game 1: http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/05/L2M-CLE-GSW-05-31-2018.pdf

Only incorrect no call was that Green should have been whistled for fouling LeBron with 12 seconds to go.

L2M also says Draymond lane violated on Hills second FT, which he did.

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

See this ALL of the time and it bugs the ever living shit out of me. You see entire benches leave before games are done but no suspensions ever. What love was doing was so dumb

This, along with players inbounding a ball who take small baby steps. That's a travel every fucking time

Leaving the bench a few seconds early to go to the locker room or shake hands isn’t a suspension, right? The rule wording is specifically around leaving the bench during a fight.

The guy who's really thanking JR Smith is Kevin Durant, who ghosted his team for another 4th quarter:

0-4, 3 points (2 on the FTs on that shitty overturned call against LeBron). Not to forget he didn't take a shot in OT either.

It's amazing to me some people think he's the best player in the world.