Texas @ Kansas State Series Thread

TrashMaster G

Well that was an incredibly demoralizing loss. This team man. They have so much potential to be great. It's frustrating, but I hope they keep grinding. Pierce's teams are usually best at the end of the season.

Games like this lead me to drinking.

Anybody know if Ivan is ok?

We completely gave that away 

good news. No way hansen pitches that bad again this year. Besides the homer Southard looked pretty good. Bats of course did their job. Daly bunt and sending Melendez did us in. Oh well. Goal of 7-2 over the next 9 is still there. On to tomorrow 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Fletch said:

We completely gave that away 

good news. No way hansen pitches that bad again this year. Besides the homer Southard looked pretty good. Bats of course did their job. Daly bunt and sending Melendez did us in. Oh well. Goal of 7-2 over the next 9 is still there. On to tomorrow 

Glad you're so positive man. Keeps my morale up.

We need last years Stevens tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Well that was an incredibly demoralizing loss. This team man. They have so much potential to be great. It's frustrating, but I hope they keep grinding. Pierce's teams are usually best at the end of the season.

Games like this lead me to drinking.

Anybody know if Ivan is ok?

He’s in steady condition in the ICU

• Haha 2

That was a very embarrassing loss to a really bad team.   I thought several of our players' body language was bad during the game, especially after KS tied it up, and Pierce made some really wtf decisions.    

Oh, well there is tomorrow, but again that team is not a very good team.

There's an old sitting in the first row behind our dugout. I sat next to him the 2nd day in Columbia. Said he hasn't missed a game in 23 years. /csb 

You sat next to Scott Wilson….good dude.
He’s been highlighted for his support by the University and Texas Baseball.
With Away games , he ALWAYS leads the Eyes before and after the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

You sat next to Scott Wilson….good dude.
He’s been highlighted for his support by the University and Texas Baseball.
With Away games , he ALWAYS leads the Eyes before and after the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly gotta be him. Drove to Omaha with him and been to a fair amount of road games with him. Got that Fullbrite Jaworski money. Dude has been at every Texas sporting event forever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

not surprising.  this team is what it is.  they will be lucky to win each series from here on out.  they are good just not CWS good. The pitching is pretty meh. no one you can really count on 95% of the time they go out.

Goal is still to hopefully host a regional.

Pierce needs to fire his 3rd base coach...

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Hansen was outstanding for 5 innings on short rest. He was obviously tiring in the 6th, but Pierce had no one throwing. Don't get it.

Pierce is a good coach but he's gonna need his players to overcome some of his obvious blind spots.

1 minute ago, zlavydra said:

Hansen was outstanding for 5 innings on short rest. He was obviously tiring in the 6th, but Pierce had no one throwing. Don't get it.

I thought it was plain as day. I don't understand it either. Our pen has been better and going forward and into the postseason you have to trust them and get them experience in situations like that. Southard was fine. He gave up a homer but if he starts the inning he maybe doesn't even face that batter in the 7th. Or maybe he gives up a solo shot to someone and not a 3 run. 

23 minutes ago, orangeut said:

That was a very embarrassing loss to a really bad team.   I thought several of our players' body language was bad during the game, especially after KS tied it up, and Pierce made some really wtf decisions.    

Oh, well there is tomorrow, but again that team is not a very good team.

They had tech on the ropes Sunday then Jace put an end to that. That 7-2 goal is still there. 7-2 and we’re in this bitch 

23 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

not surprising.  this team is what it is.  they will be lucky to win each series from here on out.  they are good just not CWS good. The pitching is pretty meh. no one you can really count on 95% of the time they go out.

Goal is still to hopefully host a regional.

Pierce needs to fire his 3rd base coach...

Wait what? Texas will be lucky to win each series from here on out? Hansen will never pitch this bad again as a horn, Stevens will put it together, Gordon is getting better, we have a nasty lineup and it’ll get nastier once Kennedy is back. 7-2 is still obtainable and we may get there. We took 2 of 3 from tcu and ou. We need good stevens tomorrow but it looks like our bullpen is slowly starting to figure itself out. We’re gonna be hot come mid to late May like we always are under Pierce. We’re fine. Chill 

• Hook 'Em 1