Air Force @ Texas Mid-week Series Thread

zlavydra

Just now, Cousin Strawberry said:

How the fuck do you get to Texas without knowing how to throw 3 pitches?  

Let me re-frame that question - How do you extend an offer to a guy who can’t throw 3 pitches when you’re a HC at The University of Texas?

Wrong thread for this discussion, but if you look at the young arms we have on staff (sans Witt), the next couple of years are looking pretty grim.  An overhaul is going to be needed or Pierce go bye-bye.  There's no budding Madden or Hansen.  Gordon is improving but he's not enough.

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Wrong thread for this discussion, but if you look at the young arms we have on staff (sans Witt), the next couple of years are looking pretty grim.  An overhaul is going to be needed or Pierce go bye-bye.  There's no budding Madden or Hansen.  Gordon is improving but he's not enough.

Gordon, Harrison and Johnson have a ton of potential. 

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

People said the same thing after 2018 and then Bryce Elder came out of nowhere to be the Friday night starter and be really damn good 2 years in a row. Pitchers are on different developmental timelines. We have a few guys with promising stuff that just need another offseason.

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Yeah, you're right. We're going to need massive transfer help. Gordon is fine, but if he's your Friday starter, that's a bad sign.

Just now, johnny utah said:

Ya think someone on Texas's side would have been thinking this.  Especially with the one guy on AF who was o-for on the day. 

And a like .650 OPS on the season.  I would've liked to see a pitchout after we went up 0-1.  But we didn't... and frankly the bunt was so well placed I'm not sure we had a play even if we had sold out for it.

Just now, 40acredropout said:

And a like .650 OPS on the season.  I would've liked to see a pitchout after we went up 0-1.  But we didn't... and frankly the bunt was so well placed I'm not sure we had a play even if we had sold out for it.

that would have been a good call but I'm not sure we've even executed a pitch out this year.  I wouldn't trust Nixon not to throw it to the backstop anyway.