Air Force @ Texas Mid-week Series Thread

zlavydra

I know I have said it before but there are a fuckton of D1 relievers who have success with 87-90mph.  They aren't the weekend starters, they aren't the Tuesday starters, they aren't closers. However, they don't give up 5 hrs to AF in a single game.  With the exception of Cobb, I think all of our pitchers today have sat 90-95 with flat fastballs and a very mediocre team has fucking just wrecked our staff. They did it yesterday, too. Do we have a pitching coach that will tell these guys that this isn't 6A or summer ball and D1 hitters are all capable of teeing off on poorly located 95? Also, when did Texas decide that throwing 2 pitches consistently is enough? 

• Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

I know I have said it before but there are a fuckton of D1 relievers who have success with 87-90mph.  They aren't the weekend starters, they aren't the Tuesday starters, they aren't closers. However, they don't give up 5 hrs to AF in a single game.  With the exception of Cobb, I think all of our pitchers today have sat 90-95 with flat fastballs and a very mediocre team has fucking just wrecked our staff. They did it yesterday, too. Do we have a pitching coach that will tell these guys that this isn't 6A or summer ball and D1 hitters are all capable of teeing off on poorly located 95? Also, when did Texas decide that throwing 2 pitches consistently is enough? 

southard can throw 95.  the other guys, are throwing 88-91.  sthele in particular was groovin 88 up in the zone.

and yes this is our problem. the bullpen can't locate the fastball.  It has been a problem all year.

7 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Some of these guys aren't really good enough to be here.  We've seen a few this series.  I don't know if it's that they couldnt sign the guys they really wanted or just piss poor scouting and evaluation.  You can't come here needing to learn how to throw a breaking ball or not being able to locate your pitches.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Some of these guys aren't really good enough to be here.  We've seen a few this series.  I don't know if it's that they couldnt sign the guys they really wanted or just piss poor scouting and evaluation.  You can't come here needing to learn how to throw a breaking ball or not being able to locate your pitches.

Somebody is clear eyed.

4 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

I guess. I’ve been an umpire before. When I made a bad call, I knew it, and I would give a little more leeway if a coach argued. 

if it is from the dugout there is probably leeway, maybe even from 3B but if you come down the line to home plate you are getting tossed and Pierce knows that.

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

How the fuck do you get to Texas without knowing how to throw 3 pitches?