Air Force @ Texas Mid-week Series Thread

zlavydra

24 minutes ago, Fletch said:

With Witt we’d be able to use Gordon out of the pen the let Gordon give us 3 on Wednesday. He looked pretty solid coming out of the pen earlier in the year. Gordon, Harrison, Cobb and Nixon seems to be coming back would be a filthy pen. Still think we’re gonna be fine this time next month 

Anyone else kinda want O’Dowd to get he nod at 2nd? Daly has been not so great at the plate 

I'd be OK with rolling someone else out at 2B.  something happened with Daly from post season last year to now after he killed it for the entire regular season.  maybe there is a book on him now.  I'm not watching his AB's, and the pitches he gets, consistently enough to know.

that said, your 2B isn't supposed to drive your lineup, and you shouldn't need him to hit .330 to have the lineup produce.  they are normally hitting 7th or 8th for a reason.  

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'd be OK with rolling someone else out at 2B.  something happened with Daly from post season last year to now after he killed it for the entire regular season.  maybe there is a book on him now.  I'm not watching his AB's, and the pitches he gets, consistently enough to know.

that said, your 2B isn't supposed to drive your lineup, and you shouldn't need him to hit .330 to have the lineup produce.  they are normally hitting 7th or 8th for a reason.  

Also, why not let Kash DH every time we see a RHP? I have a feeling he'd outproduce Todd, even while looking silly against good breaking balls.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Agreed. I don't remember anyone doubting this team that much back then. I admit I was chin deep in the Kool Aid.

We were all high on the moment.  Team came out in mid-season form and the pen wasn’t a factor b/c of our 3 starters.  Once Witt went down the butterfly effect changed all of that and the team’s soft underbelly was exposed for the guttings we’ve seen since.

‘Simple as that.

Edited by Cajun

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I can't remember, but has a Texas team ranked as highly as this one to start the season ever turned out to be this bad?

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I can't remember, but has a Texas team ranked as highly as this one to start the season ever turned out to be this bad?

Not in my lifetime.  This has been a collapse we haven’t witnessed to my recollection.

18 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

He may need just sit for a few weeks. Clear his head. O’Dowd has some serious potential and is probably our starting shortstop next year

And yeah I bet we’re gonna see like 5 pitchers transfer this off season. Let Pierce use those juco connects. Hopefully Cobb comes back. Him, Gordon, Harrison and Nixon is a nice little start to finding the the right guys. When skip gets fired can we bring our boy home? He, pierce, Allen and tulo would be filthy. It’s not going to happen but it’d be pretty cool if it did 

Well, could’ve been worse 

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Feels like when we were one in basketball and just jumped off a cliff and lost like 19/20 or whatever.  Maybe 2009?

and don’t forget dude. Highly doubt Sthele, Blair, Duplantier, Eckhardt and Morehouse are going to pitch any real innings down the stretch. Harrison, Cobb and maybe LBJ on the other hand….but yeah. They teed off on our shitty pitchers. Salvage the win tonight and take care of the car skinners 

atta boy, hodo