Baylor @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

He’s getting there. Just would rather roll the dice with Gordon in the winners bracket than Stevens right now. Still plenty of time for Stevens to find himself though 

If we host a regional I would actually go Stevens for game 1, Hansen for game 2

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

If we host a regional I would actually go Stevens for game 1, Hansen for game 2

That’s what I was saying earlier. We’ll light up a 4 seeds pitching staff so that lets Stevens relax and throw strikes. Then Hansen and Gordon seem clutch as hell so throwing them in the winners bracket seems like the way to go 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Agreed.  He's already shown some pop and he seems like he could have a batting average jump the way Faltine did.

Yeah in the televised scrimmages and alumni games and shit, he showed some good pop with a nice compact swing that lets his hips add some extra power. It just took him awhile to get comfortable. He, Kash, hodo, O’Dowd, Daly, Kennedy and Ace is gonna be an awesome core to build around. I think Schuessler has some potential too 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

I would have pulled Stevens after the 1 out single 

Same. Till he can consistently keep the ball down, his leash needs to be a little short in the 4th-6th innings. Another reason I’d like to give Gordon the go ahead on Saturday’s 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

It’s Harrison coming in so I’m ok with it but honestly that’s the only guy I’d be confident taking Tristan out for in this spot

Idk. This dude has taken Stevens deep twice. It could be 10-7 real quick had we kept Stevens in 

Just now, Fletch said:

Idk. This dude has taken Stevens deep twice. It could be 10-7 real quick had we kept Stevens in 

You’re not wrong. But is that anymore likely than than same outcome with Nixon, Southard Eckhardt, Duplantier, Cobb? Honestly I’m just terrified of our pen at this point outside of Harrison

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

You’re not wrong. But is that anymore likely than than same outcome with Nixon, Southard Eckhardt, Duplantier, Cobb? Honestly I’m just terrified of our pen at this point outside of Harrison

Sometimes a batter just hits certain dudes hard. Just ask Chance Wheeless.

• Hook 'Em 1