Austin love triangle murder

HornPhD

She might have been able to still be a fugitive had she laid off the yoga. She had to do the yoga. Had to be doing classes. That’s ultimately how LE found her. She looks, to me, unrecognizable. Watching her in motion especially. If she had gone instead to Europe and just moved around from place to place I bet she’s still not in custody. Yoga man. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

She might have been able to still be a fugitive had she laid off the yoga. She had to do the yoga. Had to be doing classes. That’s ultimately how LE found her. She looks, to me, unrecognizable. Watching her in motion especially. If she had gone instead to Europe and just moved around from place to place I bet she’s still not in custody. Yoga man. 

When you only have like $12K from the sale of a Jeep, your options are limited

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I really don't get 90-year sentences.  I suppose it affects the eligibility-for-parole date, but otherwise, it's life, why call it anything else?

Our sentences are stupid-long.  The maximum should be life without parole, next down from that, life with parole and  the next step down should probably be no longer than 50 years.  That's damn close to an effective life sentence anyway.

Parole dates need to be adjusted relative to something other than the length of the sentence in years.

This business of doling out life sentences in a finite term of years is just silly and I think it feeds something nasty in society.  A 300 year sentence and even 90 years, just ought not be possible.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I knew that bitch was going to get tagged by a jury. She sucks and her lawyers suck. I don’t know what the state’s rec was but it had to be less than 90. Getting 90 from a Travis county jury is hard to do. Did her lawyers walk her into that for a fee? Publicity? Arrogance? Or is she that dumb to think she would prevail at trial? 

3 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

I knew that bitch was going to get tagged by a jury. She sucks and her lawyers suck. I don’t know what the state’s rec was but it had to be less than 90. Getting 90 from a Travis county jury is hard to do. Did her lawyers walk her into that for a fee? Publicity? Arrogance? Or is she that dumb to think she would prevail at trial? 

She only has to serve 30. She was eligible for parole after half of her sentence or 30 years, whichever came first. So, she might be free again for 10-15 years of her life. 

19 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

State recommended per Rickey Jones today 40 years but told the jury he would accept whatever the jury came back with. The thing is there was a plea offered where she’d be out by her mid to late 50’s (she is 35) and that was turned down. I know she’s entitled to a defense but this particular defense enraged the jury. It was very smug. If Colin hadn’t been proven to be at home at the precise moment a ring doorbell audio captured the theee gunshots and Mo’s screams they’d have pinned it on him. Instead they just through out as the prosecutor said a lot of bulljive and rabbit holes that insulted everyone’s intelligence 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

State recommended per Rickey Jones today 40 years but told the jury he would accept whatever the jury came back with. The thing is there was a plea offered where she’d be out by her mid to late 50’s (she is 35) and that was turned down. I know she’s entitled to a defense but this particular defense enraged the jury. It was very smug. If Colin hadn’t been proven to be at home at the precise moment a ring doorbell audio captured the theee gunshots and Mo’s screams they’d have pinned it on him. Instead they just through out as the prosecutor said a lot of bulljive and rabbit holes that insulted everyone’s intelligence 

Sometimes, it can be hard to get a defendant to get out of their own way.  Actually, probably more than sometimes.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

The thing is there was a plea offered where she’d be out by her mid to late 50’s (she is 35) and that was turned down.  

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Sometimes, it can be hard to get a defendant to get out of their own way.  Actually, probably more than sometimes.

Why is this bat-shit crazy woman, so devoid of logic she ran her murderous life decisions on emotion fumes, not making a lucid, rational decision??!!

So, yeah…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Another 48 Hours episode on this tonight at 9 on CBS, guide info shows it as new. 

So she was pretty much in the clear, the trackers couldn't find her and they were going back home.  Relaxing at the beach, hanging out in bars, then she answered an online ad for a yoga instructor.  Oh you dumb broad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 8:00 PM, AbeFroman said:

Separating her hanus crime and the chase.  She just needed a little Uncle Abe fixer in her life to get her ass not caught.  Call for me I’ll say it’s 2 days to get there, I’ll be there in 5 hours.  Show up in 430.

IMG_2311.thumb.jpeg.694991e09c51217ebe16f58c2529ecaf.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Watched the Dateline episode recently.  Kaitlin is a cold blooded psycho. I laughed my ass off when Colin told APD (paraphrasing) that she was one of the least crazy bitches he's ever dated. 

That actual audio of the screams and the gunshots was pretty fucking awful to listen to. And obviously it was an unwinnable situation but Kaitlin 's lawyer is about as full of shit as a person can be. What's his surly handle?

• Haha 1