2022 US Open - Brookline

Wally Fairway

26 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Tirico lecturing us on what’s good for the sport right before NBC takes its trillionth commercial break of the morning is pretty cool.

You fans will lose. Because you won’t see all the best guys together anymore. 
Maybe. 
But, it’s not guaranteed to play out that way. We shall see. 

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You fans will lose. Because you won’t see all the best guys together anymore. 
Maybe. 
But, it’s not guaranteed to play out that way. We shall see. 

With all due respect, you have your LIV thread to discuss this topic. We're talking about the US Open up in here.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Capt. Squints said:

With all due respect, you have your LIV thread to discuss this topic. We're talking about the US Open up in here.

Cool. I started that thread so as not to overshadow the US Open. This was a direct response to a post on here (literally one of only three that’s been made since the tournament started today- counting my response and then yours, so… yeah not a single post about the golf today). 

Now on the tee from Louisville Kentucky, Justin Thompson. Good job starter. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Cool. I started that thread so as not to overshadow the US Open. This was a direct response to a post on here (literally one of only three that’s been made since the tournament started today- counting my response and then yours, so… yeah not a single post about the golf today). 

Now on the tee from Louisville Kentucky, Justin Thompson. Good job starter. 

And that's cool. The coverage (and tee times) started later than the last two days. Or so it seems.

1 minute ago, Capt. Squints said:

And that's cool. The coverage (and tee times) started later than the last two days. Or so it seems.

Yeah they don’t have to get 156 guys through anymore so no more start times at 6:00 am central for big time players. 
Spieth still can’t putt. 
DJ looks sharp so far. I could see him shooting 66 today. That would put him 3 under- no idea if it would be contention or not with such a stacked leaderboard. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

Why didn't JT get relief there? Imagine if Reed or Dechambeau had that lie. They would have bitched and bitched until the lady let them drop.

That was a stupid lack of relief. She sucks. Probably not doesn’t mean shouldn’t be no relief. Then the lackeys on tv slurp up the usga ruling. Terrible judgment. That could be catastrophic injury if it went badly and he stuck the club on descent or follow through. Good way to fuck up your wrists. It’s the middle of the fairway. You shouldn’t have to deal with that bullshit. There’s no way if I was playing with a dude- even in match play- that I wouldn’t give relief there. 

• Like 1

I like this set up by the USGA. Couple eagle opportunities on the par 5’s, a drive-able par 4, thick rough, tough set up, but seemingly fair. So far they’ve done a good job with this tournament which doesn’t always happen. 
I say that as someone whose favorite tournament is the US Open. 

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That was a stupid lack of relief. She sucks. Probably not doesn’t mean shouldn’t be no relief. Then the lackeys on tv slurp up the usga ruling. Terrible judgment. That could be catastrophic injury if it went badly and he stuck the club on descent or follow through. Good way to fuck up your wrists. It’s the middle of the fairway. You shouldn’t have to deal with that bullshit. There’s no way if I was playing with a dude- even in match play- that I wouldn’t give relief there. 

Exactly what i thought. Risking injury trying to hit that shot. It's relief in any game or tournament i've ever played. But none of those were USGA.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

Exactly what i thought. Risking injury trying to hit that shot. It's relief in any game or tournament i've ever played. But none of those were USGA.

The USDA can be stupid. I’ve never met a golfer- and I’ve played with pros and plenty of college guys who wouldn’t automatically say that’s relief. 

35 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Dumb question amnesty.... what happened?   Wasn't watching yet

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, pops said:

Dumb question amnesty.... what happened?   Wasn't watching yet

He hit a ball in the middle of the fairway that rolled down to a couple inches, maybe, from a big drain. His stance wasn’t affected bc the drain was between his feet and the ball. He chunked his shit, I’m sure because he was psychologically worried about injury. It was way to close to definitely say it didn’t or wouldn’t affect his shot imo. 

• Like 1

Just now, Revolution512 said:

JT’s ball was near a drain but it didn’t interfere with his swing path or stance. He was honest about how he’d play the shot and relief didn’t apply. Most players would’ve lied about how they intended to play the shot

When they asked him if he was going to hit it he said “probably not.”  Certainly wasn’t definitive. 

4 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Rub of the green as they say and it’s a bitch 

To me rub of the green is a ball settling in a divot- or hitting a sprinkler head and bouncing out of play, or something like that- not a shitty ruling. 
but yeah- lots of shit you don’t control out there. 

DeChambeau's slow play is such a beating...

Takes 5 minutes to do his calculus calculations on approach into #13... then dumps it 40yds short into the pond in front of the green... 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Now BDC is +9

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

JT was not happy. 

Wow. That's crazy. You have no idea if that  has a lip underneath it that is covered up by turf. That's relief all day for anyone I'm playing with.   I agree with JTs sentiments. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, pops said:

Wow. That's crazy. You have no idea if that  has a lip underneath it that is covered up by turf. That's relief all day for anyone I'm playing with.   I agree with JTs sentiments. 

That’s what I would’ve been arguing. Most guys would’ve said fine, I’m gonna hit a huge slice then so that this is in my path.