Penn State @ Purdue, 7:30 ET on FOX

WhatTheBuck

PSU -3.5
O/U 53.5

I don’t know how much interest this game will draw around here. I’m looking forward to it. A Purdue upset would be pretty cool. Plus we’ll get a thirty minute pregame return of the Big Noon Kickoff show with Urban Meyer back on the crew. They’re traveling to different games this year. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you they’ll be in Austin next weekend.

Fuck Penn State and fuck James Franklin. But I’ve got to admit they’ve got a legitimate beef with the conference for their schedule. This is their 7th straight conference opener played on the road and 12th in the last 13. That can’t be an accident and it seems a little extreme.

Still...BOILER UP!

I dont fucking understand why Manny fking _iaz keeps being hired as a defensive coordinator.... other than a few games against cupcakes where the U got to get turnovers, the man is fucking horrible as a _efensive coordinator.

yeah i keep skipping the D.... just like he does when he coaches.... there is no D in his _efense

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

so THREE Penn state players are allowed to keep ripping a WR's arms when he clearly had his momentum stopped and they end up ripping off his fucking helmet and there is no fucking flag?

Penn State gets away with a lot of shit. 

06sandusky-superJumbo.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

suddenly Pierra gives a fuck about what the defensive player is doing....

how about the 50/80 times in the last 5 years where. the defender is already in mid air jumping towards a QBs waist and suddenly the QB slides and the player fucknig ends up with a late hit/ helmet to helmet hit because the OFFENSIVE player changed what was the point of attack. 

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

fucking idiots talking... thats NOT incidental he fucking lead with the crown of the fucking helmet. 

Yep. Leading with the shoulder, targeting the shoulder, incidental contact of the helmets isn’t targeting. They wear helmets for a reason. You’ll see that exact same play go uncalled, or even reversed, later this season. What really annoys me when the officials on the field don’t think it’s a penalty but the booth calls it down.

I’m rooting for the Boilers but that was a bullshit call.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yep. Leading with the shoulder, targeting the shoulder, incidental contact of the helmets isn’t targeting. They wear helmets for a reason. You’ll see that exact same play go uncalled, or even reversed, later this season. What really annoys me when the officials on the field don’t think it’s a penalty but the booth calls it down.

I’m rooting for the Boilers but that was a bullshit call.

doesnt matter if the player had no intention of leading with this helmet, the moment the helmet ends up being the lead item to hit (even if a shoulder to shoulder hit is happening) has pretty damn consistently been called targeting for the last 5 years. 

9 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

doesnt matter if the player had no intention of leading with this helmet, the moment the helmet ends up being the lead item to hit (even if a shoulder to shoulder hit is happening) has pretty damn consistently been called targeting for the last 5 years. 

That’s incorrect.