Concerts you are attending

bamachine

2 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Damn, that would have been a nice presale to have.

Yea I found it and logged on and tried and it wouldn’t load then said none available.  Regular release is at 10 am tomorrow but I’m not getting my hopes up.  

Edited by Hook1997

On 10/12/2023 at 12:08 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Not so great update:  tonight is the first night of their tour with Amyl, in Oakland CA.   But, covid hit the band right as they left Austin several days ago.  They're feeling good now, but jeez, it was a close call.  Hope the two who didn't get it don't end up getting it.

If anybody is interested, they did pretty well on night 1 after coming off covid.  #drumpronthread folks, check out the new drum kit.  Righteous.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1

William Beckman tonight at Graham Memorial Auditorium. 

He played the same venue about a year ago. He opened for Radney Foster. I had never heard of him before. It was just him and his guitar. He was really good. I became an instant fan. 

Tonight he will have his full band. Should be a great show. 

6 hours ago, Nuge said:

Going to see The Black Angels and the Dandy Warhols Wednesday night.  Should be a great show.

I have tickets for that show too. However, I gotta travel to KC for a work day trip so I’m gonna miss it. Won’t land until 9:30. Bummer.

15 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

If anybody is interested, they did pretty well on night 1 after coming off covid.  #drumpronthread folks, check out the new drum kit.  Righteous.

Can we use some wreath fund money to buy a new bass guitar? 80's cheese metal bass body needs to go. 

Edited by CooterBrown

19 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Yea I found it and logged on and tried and it wouldn’t load then said none available.  Regular release is at 10 am tomorrow but I’m not getting my hopes up.  

There were 1710 people ahead of me in the queue this morning.  Not great when there are only 1700 spots at Emo's.  

• Rage+1 1

The Black Angels and Dandy Warhols absolutely killed it last night.

The Dandys were a lot more psych rock than I anticipated much to my delight.
I can confirm that Zia is still the best part of their stage show.

I was hoping the Black Angels would play more material from Death Song. They spanned their entire catalog - which I liked, but I really wanted to hear Currency and I Would Kill For Her, among others. They played first so they probably had a limited time slot.
7629a82e9df42d44236e65ff11f87070.jpgb7f4276b26b7adeba77419da080c7202.jpgd8a5f657a4bf86a05780a5f7369725f4.jpgc9017ef3cd57faaf019067c5cb392a40.jpgaa9e4d7351e4f4443e8dd53828a310c9.jpgae8b6760e523d2c7c500822161d02bb8.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

as much as i love the black angels, they have a history of playing my least favorite songs from their albums. i always enjoy it but leave thinking that it could have been much better with different songs. personal preference though, i get it.   

• Hook 'Em 1

as much as i love the black angels, they have a history of playing my least favorite songs from their albums. i always enjoy it but leave thinking that it could have been much better with different songs. personal preference though, i get it.   

My favorite BA song is The First Vietnamese War and I’ve only seen it once in maybe 15 shows. They only played it that one time at Blues on the Green because they played Passover in its entirety.

16 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Whatever happened to that chick drone player in the black angels? I wanted to be her groupie back in the day.

she was only around for the 1st album. my understanding is that she didn't really know how to play any instruments and just memorized what keys to press for those songs. she's still friends with the band, i think she might be a photographer now. 

High Water Fest released its lineup for 2024 and I’m pretty disappointed after the last two years, which were incredible.

Fleet Foxes are ok and I love The Walkmen. Haven’t seen Houndmouth since they opened for Ryan Adams at Red Rocks. Been wanting to see Courtney Barnett at some point but something keeps coming up. Sunday is terrible. We are seeing the Flaming Lips in a couple weeks in Dallas and Kevin Morby is good. I think a bunch of y’all liked Grace Potter at ACL.

My wife and I have been to this every year except the first one. Looks like we are passing this time.

5e64ddd7f5fc5db1fa8188915057858f.jpg

12 hours ago, C-Man said:

High Water Fest released its lineup for 2024 and I’m pretty disappointed after the last two years, which were incredible.

Fleet Foxes are ok and I love The Walkmen. Haven’t seen Houndmouth since they opened for Ryan Adams at Red Rocks. Been wanting to see Courtney Barnett at some point but something keeps coming up. Sunday is terrible. We are seeing the Flaming Lips in a couple weeks in Dallas and Kevin Morby is good. I think a bunch of y’all liked Grace Potter at ACL.

My wife and I have been to this every year except the first one. Looks like we are passing this time.

We saw The Heavy Heavy in Austin a month or two ago, they were terrific.  I'd pay to drink Grace Potter's bathwater.  Not sure if The Wallflowers are still worth paying attention to, but at least that's three potentially good acts on Sunday.  (Man, I hate Hozier, though.  I'd use that as an excuse to duck out early.)  I don't see much on Saturday that flips my switch.

54 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

We saw The Heavy Heavy in Austin a month or two ago, they were terrific.  I'd pay to drink Grace Potter's bathwater.  Not sure if The Wallflowers are still worth paying attention to, but at least that's three potentially good acts on Sunday.  (Man, I hate Hozier, though.  I'd use that as an excuse to duck out early.)  I don't see much on Saturday that flips my switch.

Hozier fucking sucks. And I didn't like The Wallflowers all that much when they WERE worth paying attention to. I think we might try and do a festival we haven't done before like Bottle Rock or the one in bourbon country -- that had a pretty salty lineup IIRC last year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Travis Scott tonight in Phx. Actually I’m taking my daughter and her friends and having dinner across the street while I wait to take them home.

But I threw down $30 on stubhub for a cheap seat thinking maybe I’d walk in and just check it out for a min to make sure I’m as appalled as I expected to be.

In Vegas for U2 at the Sphere tonight. I wasn’t going to attend this residency as I was really pissed about the no Larry situation, but then my sister invited me as a payback for taking her to the ZooTV tour when she was in high school. How could I say no?

I’ve heard really good things.
  • Hook 'Em 1

It was fantastic. Fill-in drummer plays quite differently than Larry, but he fit in nicely. Can’t even describe how amazing the Sphere is as a venue. We even got a special guest, and I thought for sure it was going to be Adele (since she has a residence in Vegas now too). But it was just…

Lady Gaga. Fair trade.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, MaxHorn said:

It was fantastic. Fill-in drummer plays quite differently than Larry, but he fit in nicely. Can’t even describe how amazing the Sphere is as a venue. We even got a special guest, and I thought for sure it was going to be Adele (since she has a residence in Vegas now too). But it was just…

Lady Gaga. Fair trade.

I have been on the fence but was leaning towards going after seeing some of the vids inside the sphere. So you would recommend? How was Bono’s voice?

ecstatic vision- they were trying really hard to be the stooges but they sucked. a lot of noise.

dead meadow- been a while since i've seen them. didn't blow me away but they were solid and definitely have their own blues/psych sound. felt like the vocals were kind of buried compared to other times i've seen them. 

The Far Out shows that I wanted for tonight sold out.  Wife hemmed and hawed too long.  Was thinking of the Bully show at Parish tonight but decided against it.  So, I was going to buy tickets to the Beach Fossils lineup with Turnover and Being Dead at Stubb's and then realized... Sunday night + Stubb's outside + temps in the 40s = my wife will kill me.

So... opted for what should be an eclectic but very cool lineup at Empire...

May be a graphic of 1 person and text that says 'LEVITATION SUN.OCT29 SÃN OCT-29 OCT ALTIN GÜN SAY SHE SHE PACHYMAN JJUUJJUU NOLAN POTTER'S NIGHTMARE BAND EL KHAT THEY/LIVE EMPIRE. AUSTIN TEXAS PRESENTED Û TH WITH'

• Hook 'Em 1