Sark's Offense Fucks (post your favorite clips)

bschoolprof

3 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

As was Sanders about 5 yards behind Rojo. That was one where Quinn definitely made the wrong read. After that, OU had trouble stopping us the rest of the day. The most telling thing I have seen about Quinn was the quote from JWhitt where he said,

"if you are at war, you don't want to see your general freaking out. or you will freak out too. When you look at Quinn, he is chill and it makes me want to be chill also."

And think about what you're saying here.   He made "the wrong read" and we still got positive yardage and one of our playmaker in space.   

I'll take that.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

He is really more of a glider, runs with deceptive speed because he doesn't look like he is moving as fast as he is. He reminds me more of Deonte Foreman, or someone like Arian Foster. 

Arian Foster is a good comp!!!

• Like 1

Can't find a clip, but the play immediately before the bad Quinn interception was immaculately designed and, more importantly, set up.

All game Sark had been using Whittington to start running a go route only to lock into his man 10 yards down field and block. He even had Whitt do this from pre-snap motion, blocking for the Sanders catch and run where he stepped out in the first quarter. 

Finally, in the third, Sark brilliantly designed what looked like another screen route with Whittington blocking, only to have him streak past the DB in what should have been a touchdown had Quinn added a pinch more touch on the ball. Just brilliant stuff that a lot of casual fans don't catch in the overall flow of the offensive calls. 

Edited by BigBenBamboozle

8 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

As was Sanders about 5 yards behind Rojo. That was one where Quinn definitely made the wrong read. After that, OU had trouble stopping us the rest of the day. The most telling thing I have seen about Quinn was the quote from JWhitt where he said,

"if you are at war, you don't want to see your general freaking out. or you will freak out too. When you look at Quinn, he is chill and it makes me want to be chill also."

He missed worthy but Sanders ran a bad route there. He could have stayed open and picked up the first but he messed up and ran himself away from an open area to just a few yards behind a linebacker. Ewers wanted him to sit down in the open space where he had an easy first down but Sanders did not recognize he was running himself into coverage. Can guarantee that was discussed in film review. 2:20 timestamp:

You can see Ewers double clutch. Sanders ran to where he allowed Stutsman to cover both him and Roschon at the same time. 

On 10/10/2022 at 10:23 AM, South Austin said:

So for those following Sark’s career, did he employ that kind of offense when he was at Washington and USC, or has his system evolved into what we see now?

It’s a lot of the same concepts, but he’s added a lot more motion and RPO elements since USC. He also employs more 2 TE sets, which helps him vary the formations and looks he gives the defense. I think he picked up some of the 2 TE and motion stuff from what Shanahan did before Sark got to Atlanta, and the RPO was added based on what Kiffin did at Bama before he got there. 

• Hook 'Em 5

On 10/9/2022 at 4:28 PM, bschoolprof said:

Yes, I may have called him Seven Win Steve before, but literally no one doubts the man's ability to run an offense. Instead of getting buried in various threads, I thought we could collect some of our favorite clips here during the year.  It's so nice to have an offense where plays build on one another, and there's a punch and counterpunch and counter-counterpunch.  

One of my favorite sequences in the OU game was our 2nd touchdown drive.  The way Sark used motion throughout the game to fool and punish the OU defense was fucking masterful, and nowhere more so than on this drive. I almost felt bad for them (not really). I counted at least four times where the same/similar look yielded four different plays.

Motion to divert from a throwback screen:

Texas-Longhorns-vs-Oklahoma-Sooners-Full-Game-Highlights

Next play, similar motion on an inside handoff:

Texas-vs-Oklahoma-EVERY-PLAY-49-0

Next play, same look, but a now a play action and wheel route from the motion:

Texas-vs-Oklahoma-EVERY-PLAY-49-0-1

And then, the chef's kiss, similar motion to clear out the defenders for the post pattern on the TD.

Texas-Longhorns-vs-Oklahoma-Sooners-Full-Game-Highlights-1

He's out here playing 3D chess against these checker-fumbling shitheads.  

Remember when GDGD literally ran the same fucking play 3 times in a row against OU one year?  me neither.  Not anymore.  

Great OP. Those plays aren’t nearly as effective without pinpoint execution by Keilan, RoJo, Quinn and on the first one the center and right tackle releasing to run a train. Sark is scheming AND coaching. Our line play, QB play for the most part, and skill position players are performing at a very high level surprising for a young team. I hope Sark has hit his stride as a HC. He sure seems to have with maturity and learning under the best. We might have found a gem. 

On 10/9/2022 at 7:52 PM, Zeus said:

Credit to Kyle Flood too.

Maybe blow U wasn't bringing much pressure and they just suck, but nobody ever even touched Ewers and as the game went on #5 was just trotting though holes untouched.

Sark does have a cool offensive scheme but getting a real offensive line together and some experience is taking it to the next level.

20221009_194702.jpg

20221009_194847.jpg

jake_majors.jpg

RjuvQsJ7_400x400.jpg

usatsi_16693028.jpg

Line is great but it takes a line and QB who can sense pressure to be effective or he’ll get sacked against any P5 competition. Quinn, more than a few times, has subtly stepped up or even run for a short gain when he’s about to get touched. It’s uncanny and you cannot coach it. The line has performed very well - no doubt - but it’s no coincidence our solid backup Card (and he’s been very serviceable) gets sacked every game and Quinn just doesn’t. 

Related, it may sound cheesy, but I assure you it is not for all of those players: Sark wrote a letter to Card thanking him for playing well in tough circumstances. That’s the kind of shit Mack would do, but have Bill Little publicize. That kind of little thing isn’t a little thing. And not only will it resonate with Card, but any player, particularly backups. It will retain talent, particularly Card when we WANT Arch to redshirt and Card is still very much needed. 

I’m not good at this but I’ll give it a shot. I was at the game in section 118 and had the entire field view. I missed some details, but I caught one that showed me this offense is in sync and Ewers has complete control of the offense. The tempo, the speeds of the offense, the motions. It’s a thing of beauty when it all works in unison. I found this clip, a meaningless play in which Worthy got blown up. It shows some nuances of the intricate offense.

A very nice design, but an even better execution. We will catch a team sleeping at some point!

Edited by RetiredBagman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Line is great but it takes a line and QB who can sense pressure to be effective or he’ll get sacked against any P5 competition. Quinn, more than a few times, has subtly stepped up or even run for a short gain when he’s about to get touched. It’s uncanny and you cannot coach it. The line has performed very well - no doubt - but it’s no coincidence our solid backup Card (and he’s been very serviceable) gets sacked every game and Quinn just doesn’t.

Card, as the pocket begins to collapse...

the hangover GIF

• Haha 1

Hey who does Johnathan Brooks remind y’all of??

going back and looking at the game he runs like a faster, more athletic Keyonte Ingram. Would y’all agree?? 

If you gave Jamaal Charles some of De’Onta Foreman’s size and Gave Foreman some of Charles’s speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/11/2022 at 5:19 PM, Porterhouse said:

Related, it may sound cheesy, but I assure you it is not for all of those players: Sark wrote a letter to Card thanking him for playing well in tough circumstances. That’s the kind of shit Mack would do, but have Bill Little publicize. That kind of little thing isn’t a little thing. And not only will it resonate with Card, but any player, particularly backups. It will retain talent, particularly Card when we WANT Arch to redshirt and Card is still very much needed. 

Add to this: When scheme and QB talent leads to the majority of the plays running on schedule with presnap reads, or the QB adjusting immediately after the snap, the defensive line begins to lose confidence in their ability to get to the quarterback. You break the will of the defense and you will get more time in the pocket when it is needed.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

If you gave Jamaal Charles some of De’Onta Foreman’s size and Gave Foreman some of Charles’s speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ion think he’s that fast. Someone said Arian Foster and I can’t un-see it now 

On 10/9/2022 at 11:25 PM, D3zii said:

I love the way he’s using Keilan. I remember a lot of us including me was bashing Sark for not using him. Whole time Sark was playing Chess waiting until Quinn got here to run his offense. . 

Touché Sark Touché

My suspicion is that Keilan couldnt catch last season.  Seems like they worked on it over the offseason and now they are unleashing him.  Defenses don't know what to expect with him now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...