2018 College World Series

sidis

That wasn't a coaching error.  They made a smart probability play and the dice just came up snake eyes. 
You see a grounder get through the infield much much much more often than you see a ball hit to where that one was (especially with how the wind was blowing), and a grounder through the infield would have won the game, too, if they had been playing at normal depth.  

I know what you’re saying but disagree strategically. I’d rather get beat by a knock than a routine fly ball that goes over my head.

7 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I know what you’re saying but disagree strategically. I’d rather get beat by a knock than a routine fly ball that goes over my head.

Well, the kid's glove wound up a foot short of making a play on the ball, so had he been standing just one step back, his coach would have looked like a prophet.  Such is baseball.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It’s beginning to look like we’ll be playing State in the finals

I'd be alright with that... 

It's damn weird to seeing MSU get the right bounces and hit's in the right times... this team is locked in and I'm loving it so much. 

3 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Yeah, hard to figure how the business of college sports screwed this one up. 1 & 6 is pretty reasonable, weather permitting. 

yeah, you're right.  Fucked up to start so damned late, but not really anyone's fault.

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

Why was that a balk?

Because Florida's players said it was...

Holt also beat the throw on the last out of the Top 3rd.

SEC!SEC!SEC!

Edited by slorch