1. Texas
2. USC
3. LSU
4. Miami
5. Arizona
6. Arizona State
7. Fullerton
8. _____________.
Having a hard time deciding or am just forgetting someone.
Potential:  Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Minn., Florida State, Florida, Stanford, South Carolina, Wichita St.?

Texas
USC
LSU
Miami
Florida State
Cal State Fullerton
Stanford
Oklahoma State / Arizona State

22 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

Good list. Would be interesting to see a composite for the top 3 sports. I imagine Texas would be pretty high.

I was riding so high back in 2005. Football, baseball, basketball, the Directors/sears cup. I knew it wouldn't last forever, but fuuuuck. 

Hubris is a bitch. 

3 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Now he won't have to deal with the strict admission requirements of Tennessee Tech

Rice will get him ready for the SEC SEC SEC level competition of the top program in the SEC SEC SEC aggy and their strict admissions standards that lead them to be a 65,000 student university

On 6/15/2018 at 12:35 PM, Jiggy-Z said:

Question:

What team fills out the all time CWS Bracket (top 7 are no brainers):

1. Texas

2. USC

3. LSU

4. Miami

5. Arizona

6. Arizona State

7. Fullerton

8. _____________.

Having a hard time deciding or am just forgetting someone.

Potential:  Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Minn., Florida State, Florida, Stanford, South Carolina, Wichita St.?

Put Stanford in there and half the teams are PAC-12? 5 of 8 Pacific coast? No way.

26 minutes ago, Austin Orange said:

Put Stanford in there and half the teams are PAC-12? 5 of 8 Pacific coast? No way.

Arizona is not on the Pacific coast.  Historically, college baseball has been dominated by schools west of the Mississippi (even moreso if you include LSU which sits on the east bank).  I'd give Stanford the last spot.  The only other team I can see with an argument is Okie State.

Edited by WBT

7 minutes ago, WBT said:

Arizona is not on the Pacific coast.  Historically, college baseball has been dominated by schools west of the Mississippi (even moreso if you include LSU which sits on the east bank).  I'd give Stanford the last spot.  The only other team I can see with an argument is Okie State.

How do you define dominated? Appearances? Wins? Championships?

27 minutes ago, WBT said:

Agreed, up to 2008 or so. 

33 minutes ago, Austin Orange said:

How do you define dominated? Appearances? Wins? Championships?

Yes?  Appearances count but it's better to win games when you get there and of course championships have to weigh the most.  I'd rather be Stanford with 16 appearances, 2 championships, 3 runner ups, and a .580 winning percentage than FSU with 22 appearance, no titles, 3 runner ups, and a .397 winning percentage.

Edited by WBT

13 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yes?  Appearances count but it's better to win games when you get there and of course championships have to weight the most.  I'd rather be Stanford with 16 appearances, 2 championships, 3 runner ups, and a .580 winning percentage than FSU with 22 appearance, no titles, 3 runner ups, and a .397 winning percentage.

The funniest thing about FSU is that the year they came the closest to winning it all (lost a 1-run game in the championship), they lost their ace pitcher to a torn ACL... wait for it... in the Super Regional dogpile.

35 minutes ago, WBT said:

Why are they letting Ben McDonald call games at Omaha?  Moreland, among many others, would be much better.

interesting on this espn live link there are no talking heads just the sounds of the game

http://www.espn.com/watch?eventCalendarId=401037370&gameId=381671113&sourceLang=en&om-navmethod=espn:null:gamehq