2023 Official Astros World Champs Offseason Thread

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Throw them $2mil each, if our international signing budget allows it. Have yordan (and hopefully yuli) deliver their checks 

hmm, if they’re free agents, they don’t count against your international players allowance ?

All international amateur players are free agents and count towards each team’s signing budget. That announcement is just MLB making them eligible to join the pool. 

Edited by TonyTexas

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I wonder, in a philosophical sense, if a guy like Castro or Brantley feels like they are a world champ after missing half the year and all the playoffs while being in their walk year and maybe not coming back to the team. 
I know they get a ring, but I wonder how they feel? 

i try not to waste time wondering how professional athletes feel.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I wonder, in a philosophical sense, if a guy like Castro or Brantley feels like they are a world champ after missing half the year and all the playoffs while being in their walk year and maybe not coming back to the team. 
I know they get a ring, but I wonder how they feel? 

I hope Brantley appreciated the active players dragging him into the team photos. Also the impact the speech apparently had that he gave in the world series is enough imo.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think I am a pretty knowledgeable fan when it comes to recognizing who players are league wide because i watch so many games not just Astros, play fantasy baseball, and am into sports collectibles (baseball cards etc) and I have never fucking heard of this loser fuck.

• Haha 3

I like that signing for them more than the Seager signing last year. Any year DeGrom is healthy he will likely be worth that. They are a big market team and make plenty of money from their tv deal, way more than us. 
i mean- he will probably pitch 300 innings over the course of that deal and fuck them big time, but it’s not a bad contract or number if healthy. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I like that signing for them more than the Seager signing last year. Any year DeGrom is healthy he will likely be worth that. They are a big market team and make plenty of money from their tv deal, way more than us. 
i mean- he will probably pitch 300 innings over the course of that deal and fuck them big time, but it’s not a bad contract or number if healthy. 

Would you make that bet?

Just now, David Dennison said:

Would you make that bet?

If I was them?  Maybe. They have to overpay for big talent. They can’t get a guy like Abreu to sign 3/58 deals because they are a joke. If they can get into the WC then maybe they can start filling in with some more mid tier guys and not have to overpay. 
They are on a fast track to nowhere and have the money. Their opportunity costs are low enough I might make that bet.