Texas vs. tcu - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

2 minutes ago, Beer Horn said:

Looked like a$m off

Sark is a fraud

fuck sark

Quinn is the fraud.  He’s a freshman but there is no reason he shouldn’t be able to compete passes to WIDE open receivers because he is throwing to receivers who are triple covered. That’s not sarks fault.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm trying not to shit on Quinn too much. It's not his fault Seven (TBD) win Steve is keeping him in. I do expect him to be better next season, but motherfucker we need a 3rd WR. Constantly going to Worthy isn't working, he's regressed and can't run routes. We refuse to play any frosh like Thompson, even though he has speed for days. Sark misuses K-Rob criminally (shocker, I know). I don't get why we even have Billingsley when he only gets on the field for like 3-4 plays. We fucking use Casey fucking Cain who catches as well as a toothless blind man trying to catch skittles tossed his way. We refuse to even try Brooks, whom no one has tape on which would give us an advantage. Just fuck Sark. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This was a total team effort by the offense. The best was Ewers missing Bijan, but getting the first to Sanders. Worthy draws a PI. Then on first down Quinn hits JWhitt in the endzone, but for some reason unknown to me, JWhitt isn’t looking for the ball. Just amazing. Coach, OL, Recievers, QB, and even Bijan didn’t have his best game (missed some holes dancing). Drops, bad throws, penalties, poor blocking. I just wonder if the offense huddle was simple “It’s my turn, hold my beer” 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

Sark keeps making excuses for Quinn. I think Quinn’s parents have him by the balls. We can’t keep this beta guy. I bet only RoJo, Bijan, and Snacks are the only ones pissed after losing.

The defense did their jobs. Looks like Jamison may have been addition by subtraction.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, SarkAfterDark said:

Yes. Yes he is. Regardless our WRs aren’t the issue. Our QB1 just isn’t very good right now.

How could you watch that game and think Recievers weren’t a problem. Had to be half a dozen drops. Literally everyone on offense was a problem tonight 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Says he didn't regret trying to block the punt that led to their last TD. Said we had a free rusher and just missed it.

Post game press conferences are just some weird ass ritual where coaches claim that clearly bad decisions were, in fact, good decisions that they would make again.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I'm trying not to shit on Quinn too much. It's not his fault Seven (TBD) win Steve is keeping him in. I do expect him to be better next season, but motherfucker we need a 3rd WR. Constantly going to Worthy isn't working, he's regressed and can't run routes. We refuse to play any frosh like Thompson, even though he has speed for days. Sark misuses K-Rob criminally (shocker, I know). I don't get why we even have Billingsley when he only gets on the field for like 3-4 plays. We fucking use Casey fucking Cain who catches as well as a toothless blind man trying to catch skittles tossed his way. We refuse to even try Brooks, whom no one has tape on which would give us an advantage. Just fuck Sark. 
Well said, saved me a whole bunch of typing. Not looking forward to the time when these kids realize he's just blowing smoke.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Nope. Evan Stewart was the #1 WR in his class for a reason.

The issue isn't who was better.  Yes Stewart was better.  My point is that our best WR recruit for some reason isn't good enough to get on the field.  If Neyor was healthy that is understandable.  But he's hurt and they need more speed on the field.  Agiye Hall is a waste of a roster spot. Billingsley hasn't done anything either.  But a high 4 star WR can't get on the field.  Seems sketchy to me.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

What does it matter if we get a third receiver? Quinn is never going to get to him in his progressions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

This was a total team effort by the offense. The best was Ewers missing Bijan, but getting the first to Sanders. Worthy draws a PI. Then on first down Quinn hits JWhitt in the endzone, but for some reason unknown to me, JWhitt isn’t looking for the ball. Just amazing. Coach, OL, Recievers, QB, and even Bijan didn’t have his best game (missed some holes dancing). Drops, bad throws, penalties, poor blocking. I just wonder if the offense huddle was simple “It’s my turn, hold my beer” 

It’s like this fucking team was drunk on the success of the Kstate win.  Fuck me.  I hope Vegas lost their ass on this game.   Texas favored by 7 pts is ridiculous.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah. Especially if Ewers is going to underthrow him.

But Worthy is never really open. It always seems like only a perfect dime dropped in there would result in a completion and that is a lot to ask of any QB.

This, too. We don't even try a 3rd wr on our roster even though Worthy is constantly double and triple teamed. We go to Whitt and Sanders and it works, then Ewers goes back to Worthy over and over again. Sark makes Dumbo-type decisions regarding play calling. Savant he is not. He's been gifted 2 HC's that are winners and he was able to use the talent they recruited to pad his resumé. This madness has to stop, right? This guy ALLOWED Coleman to recruit just one WR in the last class. That's beyond fucking stupid. 

At least our defensive recruits got to see PK call a good game, albeit against a very overrated offensive team. But you can only play who's on your schedule, and he did a great job, and I actually hate the man. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Wasn't going to put Card in "with a couple minutes to go". Said it wouldn't be fair to Hudson. Of course, not mentioned putting him in to start the 2nd for a spark.

Says it wasn't only QE screwing up out there. Everyone was taking turns.

He isn't wrong.

But unfortunately that fact is that Ewers and his failures to throw against nine man fronts are the primary reason why this offense no longer functions. I am sure he realizes that since he tried to throw over it tonight. Ewers just sacked himself twice and didn't get it done.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

How could you watch that game and think Recievers weren’t a problem. Had to be half a dozen drops. Literally everyone on offense was a problem tonight 

When your QB is erratic there will be drops. Not going to fault a guy for not catching a ball thrown at his knees nor do I care about a drop that would have gained 1 yd and ran 30 seconds off the clock at the end of a half. Billingsley drop was bad but again that would have been a catch for about 2 yards. The QB is a bigger issue.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ghost of Shag said:

What does it matter if we get a third receiver? Quinn is never going to get to him in his progressions.

True. It's wish casting on my part. He'll never stop throwing to Worthy even though he's triple covered. Got that's beyond infuriating. A supposed prodigy qb should be better and know better to make all of his reads. Trevor Lawrence he is not, and Lawrence was rated .9999 but was already miles ahead mentally than Quinn, and I doubt that was Tony Elliott's doing. 

2 minutes ago, stork642 said:

It’s like this fucking team was drunk on the success of the Kstate win.  Fuck me.  I hope Vegas lost their ass on this game.   Texas favored by 7 pts is ridiculous.  

No. More likely K-State (and OSU) showed everybody else how to beat us. TCU just didn't wait until the second half to put nine in the box like K-State and OSU did.

It isn't that Texas doesn't have heart or doesn't try or gets overconfident. It is just they aren't good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Monahorns said:

The issue isn't who was better.  Yes Stewart was better.  My point is that our best WR recruit for some reason isn't good enough to get on the field.  If Neyor was healthy that is understandable.  But he's hurt and they need more speed on the field.  Agiye Hall is a waste of a roster spot. Billingsley hasn't done anything either.  But a high 4 star WR can't get on the field.  Seems sketchy to me.

Hall isn't being given the chance because Sark is RS'ing him. It's not like it would matter anyway since Ewers wouldn't look his way, anyway. 

TCU would get rolled by any playoff team.

Will get rolled. Do you see a big xii game officiated in a way that doesn’t completely advantage them before the rund of this season? They’ll dominate the big 12 title game through officials and then get beat the fuck up by 1 seed. Rinse wash repeat.

If so that's criminal.  They played like crap in the 2nd half.  If they were coasting on that then Sark should be fired tonight.

Im pissed off that we showed no improvement after the bye week. (Could have easily lost that K-state game). That should tell you all we need about Sark.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

When your QB is erratic there will be drops. Not going to fault a guy for not catching a ball thrown at his knees nor do I care about a drop that would have gained 1 yd and ran 30 seconds off the clock at the end of a half. Billingsley drop was bad but again that would have been a catch for about 2 yards. The QB is a bigger issue.

College receivers have to make those plays.

The ones by Sanders and X that would have resulted in important first downs were the drops that killed us.

Obviously the QB is the main issues. But receivers who can get open and make catches, especially when the other team is loading the box, would be nice as well.

• Like 1

They stacked the box daring UT to throw.  Your QB should have had 1-on-1 looks or better MOST of the game (a QB’s wet dream) and he finished 17 of 39.  Yes there were drops, but it was a lot more than those drops.  It was a replay of the Oklahoma State game performance. About the only defense I can come up for Quinn is ‘he’s a freshman’.  Has appeared to me from game 1/drive 1 of the season to have a confidence problem.  Was hoping that was just his personality, but am starting to have serious doubts.  Ewers should’ve been pulled…….but perhaps that afore-mentioned confidence problem is why SARK didn’t make the move……again.  Very difficult to make sense of tonight’s offensive performance, but that’s my best shooting from the hip stab at doing so.  Defense?……shockingly amazing showing after many games of far from….

Drake Maye is also a freshman that just won a division title tonight. Again, how in the fuck did Ewers get a perfect rating out of high school? Is he a system QB that’s in the wrong system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quinn is a fraud. He got the ranking because he has all the physical tools of a Trevor Lawrence, but he has none of the heart and maybe a 10th of the brain. 

Early in the season they were talking about him like he was mentally tough because he didn't react to making mistakes, but in truth he was just oblivious to reality that he sucks. The stupid mullet should have been a big indicator that he's a shitty decision maker and won't learn from mistakes. 

The kid's a fucking clown. We need Manning to be ready. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Monahorns said:

It's a joke that Texas couldn't block TCU on the run.  The aren't big on talent but aggressive.  They just had to increase their level of intensity and focus to execute blocks.  If they did that Bijan would make people miss.  He's a super talent.  But they never gave him a chance.

The glacially off tackle right runs w Bijan …. The ones tcu stuffed all night, why did we keep trying that? How many times did we run Bijan left? He could have CUT left several times because the linemen and backers, both O and D, were right of the center. He’s gonna have to ru to daylight, because these dudes are not opening holes. Ewers miss of Bijan for the TD makes be ragey. Our D feel asleep two times for SEVEN points each. Our defense scored 7 once. Failed punt blocks were costly, the last one cost 7. BTW, margin of loss. Ewers was awful. Receivers didn’t help but he was awful the last several games. I’m pissed. I want to lie, the guy but he’s some kinda rattled. He doesn’t need to grow up on our dime. We needed beetr this year. We’ve actually got some players playing hard. 

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

College receivers have to make those plays.

The ones by Sanders and X that would have resulted in important first downs were the drops that killed us.

Obviously the QB is the main issues. But receivers who can get open and make catches, especially when the other team is loading the box, would be nice as well.

Their QB didn’t help them on either of those throws hence the QB being the bigger issue. Not going to shit on the WRs when the QB can’t hit anyone in the numbers.

TCU bet that Ewers couldn’t beat them and they were right.

Edited by SarkAfterDark

14 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Quinn is the fraud.  He’s a freshman but there is no reason he shouldn’t be able to compete passes to WIDE open receivers because he is throwing to receivers who are triple covered. That’s not sarks fault.  

Do you ride the short bus to school? I only ask because you said sark isn't the problem. Let me let you in on a little secret part of coaching is teaching the players and putting them in the best position to win. 

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

TCU bet that Ewers couldn’t beat them and they were right.

Yes they were. And Ewers will get that treatment until he shows he can play QB at a high level.

Kansas is going to repeat this game plan exactly. Let's see what happens.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Monahorns said:

He is mentally weak.  His don't give a shit attitude is just that.  He isn't calm in the line of fire.  He doesn't care that much as long as he gets to start and is getting money.

Yeah I don’t buy that. I think he’s just unprepared and lost. I think he knows where he’s throwing before the ball is snapped. That’s the only way to explain throwing into double & triple coverage when other guys are wide open.