USMNT 2023

ztejas

On 6/6/2023 at 1:30 AM, Napoleon said:

The comments under this posts are pretty… healthy?

IMG_2896.thumb.jpeg.55af9dbd7f8ecd45d23ac166e172b16a.jpeg

He's hitting those off the bounce from almost the penalty spot. Not sure that keeper has much of a shot. 

First one was savable. 2nd would have been tough. No one is saving that 3rd one. 

"butts carlton" wouldnt get a finger on any of those.

Edited by ztejas

Watching again and paying a little closer attention, the keeper's bouncing is taking him out of the plays.

On the first one, Pulisic's shot catches him right as he's starting a jump, he reacts with his arms, but can't make any attempt at the ball because he's off the ground.

You don't see much on the second shot, but as CP is about to strike the ball, the keeper's right foot is off the ground, again he can't react.

Third - yep, not being saved.

Eindhoven? Feyenoord be like:

teddy-final-hand.gif

While Pepsi fans be like**:

rounders-teddykgb.gif

(I'm aware Pepi won't see a dollar of the transfer fee, but hopefully he can get a signing bonus or some such. I just wanted to post a bunch of gratuitous Rounders GIFs.)

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Eindhoven? Feyenoord be like:

teddy-final-hand.gif

While Pepsi fans be like**:

rounders-teddykgb.gif

(I'm aware Pepi won't see a dollar of the transfer fee, but hopefully he can get a signing bonus or some such. I just wanted to post a bunch of gratuitous Rounders GIFs.)

Why would you think that Pepi won’t get the standard 10% from the transfer fee?

The top 2 teams in the Eredivisie qualify directly to the Champions League group stage for next year. Feyenoord won the league and PSV finished 2nd, so it’s all good. 

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Why would you think that Pepi won’t get the standard 10% from the transfer fee?

The top 2 teams in the Eredivisie qualify directly to the Champions League group stage for next year. Feyenoord won the league and PSV finished 2nd, so it’s all good. 

I was under the impression that the "standard 10%" is separate from the actual transfer fee and is basically a sign-on bonus.

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20170829-how-does-a-football-transfer-work

https://sqaf.club/do-footballers-get-cut-of-transfer-fee/

https://www.quora.com/Do-football-players-get-a-cut-of-the-transfer-fee-paid-for-by-their-new-team

As for which of Feyenoord or PSV would be better for Pepi, that wasn't the point of my GIF.

These are light-hearted posts, Nap. If you don't get them or don't find them amusing, fine, but maybe step down the caffeine or something.

4 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I was under the impression that the "standard 10%" is separate from the actual transfer fee and is basically a sign-on bonus.

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20170829-how-does-a-football-transfer-work

https://sqaf.club/do-footballers-get-cut-of-transfer-fee/

https://www.quora.com/Do-football-players-get-a-cut-of-the-transfer-fee-paid-for-by-their-new-team

As for which of Feyenoord or PSV would be better for Pepi, that wasn't the point of my GIF.

These are light-hearted posts, Nap. If you don't get them or don't find them amusing, fine, but maybe step down the caffeine or something.

I realized that the point of your post was to use the gif(s).

The point of my post was to make sure that the fellow Surleys all knew that Pepi would be playing in the group stage of the Champions League next year no matter what hands were played over the coming days…

…something that I did not know myself until after reading your post and then researching PSV’s European qualifications for next year.

I felt that with as much time as I waste on following soccer, if I didn’t know about PSV in 2023/24, then there were definitely others who didn’t either.

NOW to read your links regarding transfer fees.

Q. How much of a player's transfer fee actually goes to a club? What's the typical fee for an agent and how is the money transferred?

A. The biggest slice ends up with the club from which the player departs, though it's common that the player's previous club retrains a stake of their next transfer fee. The size of this varies from every transfer, but a 10%-20% cut of the next fee is fairly normal (typically calculated on the basis of the profit made from the transfer fee rather than the full amount.)

In the case of players aged 22 or younger, a solidarity payment of 5% of the total transfer fee is also due. The solidary fee is then in turn distributed -- by the destination club -- among the clubs which held the registration of the new signing while the player was aged between 12 and 22.

Agents are remunerated differently across Europe and beyond. In certain countries they may receive up to 15%-20% of a player's salary (or the transfer fee), whereas other places have more rigid legislation in place which doesn't allow payments of more than 5%-7% to the agent.

FIFA, meanwhile, in response to clubs worldwide paying in excess of $500 million in intermediary fees in 2020 (a year in which transfer spending was compromised by the COVID-19 pandemic), is set to cap intermediary expenditure to a maximum 10% of the transfer fee (when representing the club) and 3% of a player's salary (when representing the player.)

The money from a player's transfer is wired between the two clubs' official, assigned bank accounts -- as indicated in the FIFA TMS (Transfer Matching System.)

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/37631294/add-ons-do-agents-make-why-do-clubs-leave-deadline-day

IMG_2969.thumb.jpeg.44f5b5e607b3f13a21e745f4e856e3bc.jpeg

https://www.stirrassociates.com/knowhow/football-world/what-is-a-footballs-agent-normal-commission/#:~:text=Normal commissions on the transfer fee amount to,less the percentage will be for the player.

So the straight 10% to the player that I thought was standard is NOT standard. The players usually get a piece of the action, which was confirmed by Herculez Gomez on Fútbol Americas (or maybe a soccer podcast I listened to) when he noted that he collected nice money from the transfer fees when he was bouncing around from team-to-team in Liga MX.

The more I think about this it makes too much sense. We know he loves New York. He will have absolutely nothing left to prove in Europe. He may want a new challenge. 

I think this has a very real chance of happening. 

What's he gonna do - return to City? And work 80 hours a week? To do what? Win another treble? Win the quad? 

We saw what Messi just did. It's time.

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

Aidan Morris is making a mistake playing for the USA.

I like him, but he should wait until after the Olympics next year before allows himself to be cap-tied.

I am not a Busio fan because he is slow AND small. 

Ferreira is not a striker. Even last night he was playing as a #10 with a striker in front of him. And yet Tony Meola was calling  him “a #10 or a false #9”… which makes me think that Tony Meola doesn’t seem to understand what a “false #9” is.

23 hours ago, APMP said:

I kinda like that lineup. FyXYXt5acAAAENW.thumb.jpg.c9b2186ce6aee744c5a7ae91690fbeb6.jpg

This guy that has never coached a meaningful game in his career was like

"Uh, hey guys, why don't we put our most talented player in the middle of the attack"

Lil Yachty Drake GIF by hamlet

• Haha 3

Good news, friends!

There's hope someone could take this arrogant, unimaginative lump off our hands, thereby removing any chance that he coaches the USMNT for a second cycle.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/37842084/ex-usa-coach-gregg-berhalter-approached-club-america-sparta-rotterdam-sources

I'd rather go to the 2026 Cup with no coach than with Gergg ... and I'm only half joking.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQGqpD5GNl2pNgUCd1Xzl

• Hook 'Em 1

This move by Gergg doesn’t make sense*. If he has a sure job Vs holding out for being in the USMNT consideration pool? That’s silly. He’s basically had 6 months of not having the job, that had he really been the guy he should have gotten an extension. 

* there are 2 things I see possible:

1- he has assurances that he will be given the USMNT job

2- this is like Gary Barnett, when we hired Mack Brown, he has to drop out for everyone to save face. Maybe Club American found someone better. 

22 hours ago, ztejas said:

Why the fuck is this game at 10 pm ET? It never ceases to amaze me how stupid CONCACAF is.

Better make sure everyone can tune in for Canada and (checks notes) Panama!

It is so crazy. Like lets showcase the sport and get people excited about it. Nah, lets put it on in the middle of the night instead. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

This move by Gergg doesn’t make sense*. If he has a sure job Vs holding out for being in the USMNT consideration pool? That’s silly. He’s basically had 6 months of not having the job, that had he really been the guy he should have gotten an extension. 

* there are 2 things I see possible:

1- he has assurances that he will be given the USMNT job

2- this is like Gary Barnett, when we hired Mack Brown, he has to drop out for everyone to save face. Maybe Club American found someone better. 

Beerholder was used:

don't want him back but that's shitty.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bottlecap said:

Isn't CA the place that won't let anyone without mexican blood play for the club? And they were gonna let the USMNT coach who dominated them run the place. LOL ok. 

(i could be wrong about their managerial lineage. I dont GAF about the mexican league)

No that is Chivas

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 12:30 PM, Ted Lange said:

could be a potential solid option off the bench.  

Pay-to-play soccer moms (and dads) are going to start really getting pissed when their kid gets good enough to play in Europe and then doesn’t make the US squad over new citizenship Latinos and anchor babies whose moms came to the US to “visit relatives” and then just happened to have their child in the USA before taking the child back to wherever they are actually living. (No one travels to another country in their third trimester unless their goal is to have their child in that foreign country.)

1 hour ago, Bottlecap said:

Isn't CA the place that won't let anyone without mexican blood play for the club? And they were gonna let the USMNT coach who dominated them run the place. LOL ok. 

(i could be wrong about their managerial lineage. I dont GAF about the mexican league)

No.

13 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

No that is Chivas

Eso!

Mang… white people don’t know sheet about México.

• Hook 'Em 1