USMNT 2023

ztejas

We have players uploading videos like this but y'all freak out when our recently repatriated $40M striker is rumored with basically zero evidence to be frustrated with our manager.

In case it hasn't become apparent to everyone - we are a big time talent pool now. That means there is going to be drama and bullshit every cycle without fail. That's what the game is. That's how it works. It's a God damn soap opera 24/7.

Judge the results and try and tune out the behind the scenes shit, or at least give it less importance. 

Maybe our manager is pissing off one of our better players. I don't know. We also have a first XI player uploading a highlight reel on Instagram after his team got their fucking brains beaten in in the CL. 

I hope we win every game we play and I hope all of our players kill it for their club teams. Regardless of who is playing when or where or who is coaching or who is signing the checks.

Those of you that like finding things to bitch about even when we are playing well are going to exhaust yourselves because there is always going to be stupid fucking bullshit to distract yourself with. This isn’t 2006 anymore. We are a real soccer nation. And you're going to get all of the histrionics that come along with it - like it or not. 

---

That said - I'll give Dest somewhat of a pass this time because he's had a really fucking rough club journey the past couple seasons - but, c'mon, dude. If Pulisic just got dusted 4-0 and put a highlight reel on his insta he'd be crucified. 

Edited by ztejas

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We have players uploading videos like this but y'all freak out when our recently repatriated $40M striker is rumored with basically zero evidence to be frustrated with our manager.

In case it hasn't become apparent to everyone - we are a big time talent pool now. That means there is going to be drama and bullshit every cycle without fail. That's what the game is. That's how it works. It's a God damn soap opera 24/7.

Judge the results and try and tune out the behind the scenes shit, or at least give it less importance. 

Maybe our manager is pissing off one of our better players. I don't know. We also have a first XI player uploading a highlight reel on Instagram after his team got their fucking brains beaten in in the CL. 

I hope we win every game we play and I hope all of our players kill it for their club teams. Regardless of who is playing when or where or who is coaching or who is signing the checks.

Those of you that like finding things to bitch about even when we are playing well are going to exhaust yourselves because there is always going to be stupid fucking bullshit to distract yourself with. This isn’t 2006 anymore. We are a real soccer nation. And you're going to get all of the histrionics that come along with it - like it or not. 

---

That said - I'll give Dest somewhat of a pass this time because he's had a really fucking rough club journey the past couple seasons - but, c'mon, dude. If Pulisic just got dusted 4-0 and put a highlight reel on his insta he'd be crucified. 

Two posts praising Dest inspired this? And we're the ones that should be worried about being exhausted?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Two posts praising Dest inspired this? And we're the ones that should be worried about being exhausted?

I'm commenting on a few things at once because I keep quiet on a lot of stuff in here (believe it or not).

I'm glad that Dest played well - I've always rated him and I want him to get back on track. 

Him uploading that to insta is questionable to say the least. PSV got fucking dog whipped in that game. It makes me worry a little bit about where his head is at going forward - although like I said I'll give him a bit of a pass because he's had a tough go of it for club as of late. 

And I'm pretty un-exhausted with the NT right now - I'm very happy with where they are at. 

Edited by ztejas

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

Maybe our manager is pissing off one of our better players. I don't know.

yeah, there is no reason to be concerned about the relationship between our coach and "one of our better players" - not a single reason out there to think he may get cross with players and blackball them entirely (the USSF does not recognize John Brooks as existing), very publicly create issues that don't have to exist with one of the 3? most important players in the pool by trying to sound like you are a good leader to a bunch of people who DGAF (Reyna), and handling things about as poorly as possible and not addressing the issue with another potentially important player (Pepi.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ztejas said:

---

You know what it takes to manage a big time talent pool??  A non-salmonella poisoning diarrhea for brains coach/manager that is there to manage the egos in the room, and put them in the best position to grow together and win.  We have a fucking slug for a coach/manager, that any time the salt comes out the fucker wilts into the ether and flings his disintegrating pus all over everything caught in the reaction.  He's a fucking idiot, and he deserves being called on it at every opportunity.  

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Even bigger news…

USA defender Reggie Cannon joins English club QPR

United States international Reggie Cannon has joined English second-tier team Queens Park Rangers on a four-year contract, the club said Tuesday.

The defender was allowed to sign outside of the transfer window because he was a free agent after leaving Portuguese club Boavista in June.

"I have always wanted to play in England, this is an incredible opportunity to show what I can do," the 25-year-old said.

"I have always wanted to attack overseas football because I think that is where the best players are, and that is how you find your better game and develop, so I really think this will help me achieve the best that I can be as a footballer."

Cannon previously played for FC Dallas and joined Boavista in 2020.

image.thumb.jpeg.6ffa1e12c4ad4308b7ad38ff94b3d804.jpeg
Reggie Cannon will be looking to get back into the USMNT picture after joining QPR. Brad Smith/ISI Photos/Getty Images

QPR plays in the English second division and was last in the Premier League in the 2014-15 season.

The club said the transfer was subject to approval by FIFA, the FA and English Football League. Cannon will also need to receive international clearance.

"We have fought off clubs to get him and I believe Reggie will become a big asset for us," QPR head coach Gareth Ainsworth said.

"He can play on the right side of midfield as a wing-back, he can play as a right-sided centre-back, so he is going to add real competition for places which is what we need.

"With him being without a club over the summer he is going to need a bit of time to get up to speed but I know he is raring to get going with us."

Cannon has made 28 appearances for the U.S., scoring one goal, and last featured in a September 2022 friendly against Japan.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/38497978/usa-defender-reggie-cannon-joins-english-club-qpr

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

So pretty much the 3 best MLS players not named Messi are all getting US citizenship and could be USMNT eligible. Acosta, Mukhtar and Gil.    None would be challenging for starting spots, but they’d been big upgrades over several guys on the last WC roster.  

How old are they?

Love it!

Not only finding is Puli finding his way onto the field, he's making a huge contribution. When his transfer was first announced, some pundits were saying Leao would keep Christian on the bench, yet Pioli has managed to swap them in and out without missing a beat or, as with today's example, feature them both.

3d-chess-star-trek.gif

Antonee Robinson injured? 🤷‍♂️

No blanco MLS CBs. 👍

The day that Johnny Cardoso has a good game for the USMNT will be a refreshing surprise. 

I have no idea why we aren’t playing these matches in Europe, but I wish that we were. 

It would be my honor to lick 👅 Kate Abdo from head to toe just once in my life as she spoke to me in at least four different languages. 

• Like 1