Tender Age Shelters

Hugo Stiglitz

On 7/27/2018 at 9:15 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Add to that, some of those migrants deported have had the issue compounded that signatures signed were on documents in English & Spanish, but they only spoke Indigenous...

37 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

No. Trump supporters have to answer for this. 

No. WE are the bad guys. Don't offload this to Trump supporters alone.

Children are being sexually abused in concentration camps in America right now. Our nation.

WE are the bad guys.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

No. WE are the bad guys. Don't offload this to Trump supporters alone.

Children are being sexually abused in concentration camps in America right now. Our nation.

WE are the bad guys.

Speak for yourself homey. I’m fully aware what country I live in. And I’m fully aware that I don’t support and actively oppose the white nationalist party currently running this country in whatever way I can. If I could wave a magic wand and change things I would, but I’m not gonna take responsibility for trumps evil bullshit just because a bunch of jackasses bought into a con man’s bullshit. That’s on them, not me.  

But if you want to feel bad about it and take responsibility, feel free. 

Speak for yourself homey. I’m fully aware what country I live in. And I’m fully aware that I don’t support and actively oppose the white nationalist party currently running this country in whatever way I can. If I could wave a magic wand and change things I would, but I’m not gonna take responsibility for trumps evil bullshit just because a bunch of jackasses bought into a con man’s bullshit. That’s on them, not me.  
But if you want to feel bad about it and take responsibility, feel free. 

My tax dollars.
My government.
Under my flag.

Damn right it’s my responsibility. That’s the point. We are the only people who can fix this.

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My tax dollars.
My government.
Under my flag.

Damn right it’s my responsibility. That’s the point. We are the only people who can fix this.

Which is why I intend to vote strictly democrat in the next election. Which is why I held my nose and voted for Hilllary in the last election. Which is why I previously supported Bernie over Hillary, not because I believed in everything he was for, but because I believed he had a much better chance of beating the potential disaster of a trump administration. And I believe I was right. I admit I didn’t expect it to be quite this bad. 

Since I’m fresh out of tanks designed to take over DC, not sure what else you expect “us” to do. 

26 minutes ago, retread said:

If you were judging based on the R response to this travesty, you wouldn't even know it was happening.

They justify it in their mind by blaming the parents and thinking well if they just would folllow the law and not come here illegally then trump wouldn’t have to do what he’s doing. They’ve said as much on television. And no doubt they actually believe that.

Poor old trump, they think, having to make the tough decisions because of someone else’s illegal acts.

Of course its completely evil ripping kids away from their parents, but people just go ahead and justify it anyway. Not their kids. Not their grandkids. Don’t even look like them. Parent’s fault anyway.

It’s amazing the way the mind will trick itself.

It explains how the holocaust happened anyway. Were not there yet I suppose. 

6 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Got about halfway earlier before I had to close it. If you continue to vote for Republicans who are doing nothing (not including tweeting) to stand up to Trump then you are tacitly endorsing this kind of evil.

After today's testimony in front of the Senate, people are still talking about this like there was ever a thought of reuniting these kids with their parents.  Pro tip: there wasn't.  It was never in the plan.  The plan was to take these kids away FOREVER.  That's a hell of a deterrent to future asylum seekers.  You come here, you lose your kids.  Period.  That's how cruel it was.  No doubt in my mind. 

ETA: it wasn't just a "poorly thought out" plan as some will say.  The idea was executed perfectly.  They were just too stupid and evil to see the backlash.  They never intended these kids to see their parents again.  Ever.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

After today's testimony in front of the Senate, people are still talking about this like there was ever a thought of reuniting these kids with their parents.  Pro tip: there wasn't.  It was never in the plan.  The plan was to take these kids away FOREVER.  That's a hell of a deterrent to future asylum seekers.  You come here, you lose your kids.  Period.  That's how cruel it was.  No doubt in my mind. 

Cruelty is our brand. 

'Murica, fuck yeah.

This is what happens when you vote party over country for the past 20 years. Actual posters on this site are ok with this because the dick for a tax break or conversation judges were appointed. I fucking hate this country so much right now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/immigration/migrant-child-reportedly-dies-after-release-from-ice-family-detention-facility/2018/08/01/6a9515ea-95a8-11e8-a679-b09212fb69c2_story.html?utm_term=.16398677b979

The American Immigration Lawyers Association said Wednesday that a migrant toddler died shortly after being released from an U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention center in Dilley, Tex.

“AILA has learned that a toddler died soon after release from the Dilley South Texas Family Residential Center,” Gregory Z. Chen, director of government relations for the 15,000-member association, said in a statement. “We do not have information on the cause of death or information that confirms a connection between medical treatment at STFRC and this death.”

Chen did not name the child or say when the alleged death occurred, and The Washington Post was unable to independently verify the death.

ICE said Wednesday that it could not investigate the situation without the child’s name or other information. However the agency made clear that no child died while in its care.

“Reports that a child died in ICE custody at Dilley are false,” the agency tweeted

18 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

ETA: it wasn't just a "poorly thought out" plan as some will say.  The idea was executed perfectly.  They were just too stupid and evil to see the backlash.  They never intended these kids to see their parents again.  Ever.

holy shit, i missed this entirely. i looked up an article and it's much worse than i expected.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/31/politics/immigration-centers-summer-camp/index.html

Washington (CNN)A top immigration official on Tuesday said family detention centers are "more like summer camp" than a jail during a congressional hearing on the administration's efforts to reunite thousands of immigrant families separated as a result of its zero-tolerance immigration policy.

Asked at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing to describe the so-called family residential centers where kids and parents are held, Matthew Albence, the head of enforcement and removal operations for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, made the comparison of the detention centers to a summer camp.

"These individuals have access to 24/7 food and water. They have educational opportunities. They have recreational opportunities, both structured as well as unstructured," Albence said. "There's basketball courts, there's exercise classes, there's soccer fields that we put in there. They have extensive medical, dental and mental health opportunities. In fact, many of these individuals, the first time they've ever seen a dentist is when they've come to one of our (family residential) centers."

Later in the hearing, Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, asked panelists if they had been to any of the family residential centers. Two of the five panelists said they had visited the facilities. She then asked the two panelists whether they would feel comfortable sending their child to one.

"That's a difficult question to answer, " said Jennifer Higgins, the associate director of refugee, asylum and international operations at US Citizenship and Immigration Services. "It's difficult to put myself in the position of an individual who takes a dangerous journey in which their child could be harmed, let alone whether I would send my children."

yeah, of course you won't answer, BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY YOU WOULD SEND YOUR OWN KID THERE,  YOU FUCKING MONSTER

more:

Albence said Hirono's question was "missing the point."

"These individuals are there because they've broken a law," he added.
Lee Gelernt, the deputy director of the American Civil Liberties Union's Immigrants' Rights Project, called the summer camps comparison "shocking."

"It doesn't matter what the facilities look like. The trauma is from separating the child from the parent," Gelernt told CNN's "At This Hour" on Tuesday. "Every night the child is going to sleep thinking, 'Am I ever going to see my parents again?' It doesn't matter whether they are in palaces. They certainly are not palaces. That's a shocking statement."

When San Diego-based US District Judge Dana Sabraw ordered the administration to temporarily pause deportations of reunited families earlier this month, a government attorney invited the judge to visit a Department of Health and Human Services facility caring for children. Sabraw indicated that he appreciated the offer, but emphasized that "no matter how nice the environment is, it's the act of separation from a parent, particularly with young children, that matters, and it's time that is the issue."

This isn't the first time government facilities housing immigrant children have been compared to summer camps.

The Department of Homeland Security pointed out to CNN that Rep. Eliot Engel, D-New York, told The New York Times that a shelter he visited in Yonkers was "like summer camp." The same Times story also describes conditions for these facilities as ranging from "impersonally austere to nearly bucolic." While a child may end up at a center with picnic tables and an outdoor pool, the Times story notes that a child "could wind up at a converted motel" where "recreation takes place in a grassless compound, and the motel's damaged swimming pool is covered up.

this is monstrous.

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

they don't even know. that's the rub. they don't know who they are detaining where.

Doesn't matter - they were able to discharge the child before death, so they can say "not it."  Doesn't matter where the toddler went, not our problem anymore.

You WILL hear some variation of that excuse in 3...2...1...

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Doesn't matter - they were able to discharge the child before death, so they can say "not it."  Doesn't matter where the toddler went, not our problem anymore.

It's already started:

“AILA has learned that a toddler died soon after release from the Dilley South Texas Family Residential Center,” Gregory Z. Chen, director of government relations for the 15,000-member association, said in a statement. “We do not have information on the cause of death or information that confirms a connection between medical treatment at STFRC and this death.”

Chen did not name the child or say when the alleged death occurred, and The Washington Post was unable to independently verify the death.

ICE said Wednesday that it could not investigate the situation without the child’s name or other information. However the agency made clear that no child died while in its care.

11 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

holy shit, i missed this entirely. i looked up an article and it's much worse than i expected.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/31/politics/immigration-centers-summer-camp/index.html

yeah, of course you won't answer, BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY YOU WOULD SEND YOUR OWN KID THERE,  YOU FUCKING MONSTER

more:

this is monstrous.

It will never happen, but if there was any justice in the world the people responsible for this would be sent to the Hague.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's like North Korea releasing Otto Warmbier so he could die in the U.S. Maybe this is the good that Trump said could come of his death.