Malakoff @ Teague

China Spring @ Alvarado

Hallettsville @ Columbus

There are a bunch of surprise undefeated teams facing big PROVE-IT games:

Longview @ Forney

Summer Creek @ NS

Mansfield Summit @ Midlo Heritage

Weslaco @ Harlingen

Hondo @ Jourdantan  (They're both undefeated.) 

Hamshire-Fannett @ WOS

Bells @ Gunter  (They're both undefeated.) 

Centennial @ Ryan

Argyle @ Lake Dallas

Belton @ Rouse

LaPorte @ PA Memorial

Seminole @ Canyon West Plains

Graham @ Hirschi

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 3

Graham @ Hirschi

Not sure I'm with you in this one. Hirschi got mudholed by a terrible Springtown team and then let a very disappointing Decatur team open a whole case of whoopass on them. Graham should name the score in this one

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

Add in Weslaco vs Harlingen to your undefeateds-looking-to-prove-it list. Panthers offense I think will make the difference. 

Panthers defense hadn't allowed a touchdown for the first 4 games of the year if I remember correctly (too lazy to try and verify), so defense is going to keep the game close if offense doesn't get going.

RB #6 Eli Rodriguez looks like a stud. In today's edition of now I feel old, his dad was one of my teammates.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Not sure I'm with you in this one. Hirschi got mudholed by a terrible Springtown team and then let a very disappointing Decatur team open a whole case of whoopass on them. Graham should name the score in this one

I think Graham will win by 14-20, but I think Hirschi's better than you give them credit for.  Decatur is only disappointing because they've lost to three ranked teams by 1, 1, and 7.  They're good.  Springtown is not terrible, either.  Looks like this game's tonight, so we'll see soon.  

I think Graham will win by 14-20, but I think Hirschi's better than you give them credit for.  Decatur is only disappointing because they've lost to three ranked teams by 1, 1, and 7.  They're good.  Springtown is not terrible, either.  Looks like this game's tonight, so we'll see soon.  

Decatur hasn't had the murderers row Brock has, and hasn't fared as well through it either. Check your PM's for the rest.

22 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

NS-SC tied at 14 with 5 left in half.  

I'm watching on "Space City Home Network," which is indisputably the worst name for an RSN ever created.

How’s #HeloHomie Devin Sanchez look? I kind of painted myself into a corner about him in the 2025 recruiting thread. If he doesn’t make the NFL everyone there is going to think I’m an idiot. 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Helobious said:

How’s #HeloHomie Devin Sanchez look? I kind of painted myself into a corner about him in the 2025 recruiting thread. If he doesn’t make the NFL everyone there is going to think I’m an idiot. 

He's really tall and skinny for a DB.  He also doesn't look like a Sanchez.

Don't worry, they're going think you're an idiot even if he does make the NFL.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

He's really tall and skinny for a DB.  He also doesn't look like a Sanchez.

Don't worry, they're going think you're an idiot even if he does make the NFL.

I think his dad is Puerto Rican or something. I hear he has a cousin named Aiden Sanchez that’s a pretty decent baseball prospect at Pasadena Dobie HS. 

People thought Galileo was an idiot too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DToro said:

Cibolo Steele 27-New Braunfels 14 late in the 3rd. NB is my alma mater. They're hanging in there. 

Steele has a stud QB, Chad Warner, and RB Hatton just committed ousux this week. 

Go Unicorns!

That Hatton kid was a starter on varsity as a freshman at Brandeis HS last year. If HS transfer portal was a thing the broncos got totally pillaged this past offseason. 

• Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That Hatton kid was a starter on varsity as a freshman at Brandeis HS last year. If HS transfer portal was a thing the broncos got totally pillaged this past offseason. 

Yep. They also had QB JC Evans who showed lots of potential his soph year, but junior year was flat. He has the physical skills but the numbers weren't there. 

WR Jaden Perez is legit and still there. He will get some good D1 offers. 

That team could have have had some serious firepower. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Shoulda named a different score.

Games of the week:

Texark PG @ Gilmer

Hitchcock @ Yoakum

Malakoff @ Teague

China Spring @ Alvarado

Hallettsville @ Columbus

Longview @ Forney

Summer Creek @ NS  SC hung tough, but lost 31-21.  They're really good, and this district is crazy, with these two, plus Atascocita and CE King.

Mansfield Summit @ Midlo Heritage   42-7 MH.

Weslaco @ Harlingen

Hondo @ Jourdantan  (They're both undefeated.) 

Hamshire-Fannett @ WOS

Bells @ Gunter  (They're both undefeated.) 

Centennial @ Ryan

Argyle @ Lake Dallas

Belton @ Rouse

LaPorte @ PA Memorial

Seminole @ Canyon West Plains

Graham @ Hirschi  Huskies with a shocker, 27-26 as the Steers blew a 20-7 lead thanks to a Pick 6 and a muffed punt.

Keller at SLC   Indians now 5-1 after losing 56-10.

Also, 

Buda Johnson 20 Austin High 19

Devine 35 SA YMLA 14

Port Isabel 28 UAT-Ciudad Victoria, MX 2

• Hook 'Em 1

Man did Austin High snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Lost to Johnson 20-19.

AHS missed a PAT, didn't go for 2 when they 100% should have, went for it on 4th down from around the Johnson 20 a couple of times, not getting it either time, etc etc

Coaches 100% cost AHS the win here.

2 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

Playing some D. 

I know it’s valley competition but I can’t ever remember a team steamrolling everyone like this, not even the few that went deep in the playoffs. The only thing standing between them and the region 4 title is CC Miller’s explosive offense.

• Like 1

I know it’s valley competition but I can’t ever remember a team steamrolling everyone like this, not even the few that went deep in the playoffs. The only thing standing between them and the region 4 title is CC Miller’s explosive offense.

There is a long and distinguished history of an undefeated juggernaut team coming out of the valley and a juggernaut team or two coming out of El Paso every year. And every year once they get outside of their little bubble they get wafflestomped so badly that opposition JV players are in before the half. You of all people should know this.

8 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

There is a long and distinguished history of an undefeated juggernaut team coming out of the valley and a juggernaut team or two coming out of El Paso every year. And every year once they get outside of their little bubble they get wafflestomped so badly that opposition JV players are in before the half. You of all people should know this.

I've seen plenty of 10-0 valley teams. I’ve seen exactly 0 that dominated every game like this. Also this particular team has 20 starters back from a 13-1 squad that was a touchdown away from the state semis last year, so you might not know what you’re talking about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've seen plenty of 10-0 valley teams. I’ve seen exactly 0 that dominated every game like this. Also this particular team has 20 starters back from a 13-1 squad that was a touchdown away from the state semis last year, so you might not know what you’re talking about. 

I mean, it's cute that you think that, but the last 30 years of Texas High School Football support what I said and acting like what I said isn't validated by those facts is just sticking your head in the sand.

21 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I mean, it's cute that you think that, but the last 30 years of Texas High School Football support what I said and acting like what I said isn't validated by those facts is just sticking your head in the sand.

Can you name the team in 5A D1 region 4 that’s going to obliterate PSJAN like you think? I’m curious since my head is so far in the sand.