2023 Texas High School Football

Hiphopopotamos

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Just noticed that Massey has NS, Atascocita, SC, King as 1, 2, 6, 11 in the whole state.

Pretty stupid to have Duncanville at 3. 30-0 at halftime over Waxahachie. Duncanville  has elite talent at QB, RB, WR, DE and DT. They havent allowed a point since SOC put up 13 in week 0.

Duncanville beat North Shore last year to end the mental edge NS had and this years team is better.

• Hook 'Em 1

Can you name the team in 5A D1 region 4 that’s going to obliterate PSJAN like you think? I’m curious since my head is so far in the sand. 

Can you show me where I said that would happen this year? Because I'm pretty sure I simply stated a historical fact that you can't dispute because it's true. I'm sorry you don't like facts and they hurt your feelings? It's a valid point to be made when anyone is beating their chest saying "THIS YEAR IS THE YEAR OF THE VALLEY!!!". Don't get mad when someone points out historical facts.

1 minute ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Can you show me where I said that would happen this year? Because I'm pretty sure I simply stated a historical fact that you can't dispute because it's true. I'm sorry you don't like facts and they hurt your feelings?

Can you show me where I disagreed with that? I even cut you some slack by not bringing up the 2 6A playoff wins by RGV schools over San Antonio schools last year, and the year prior. I just mentioned how this team is probably the best I’ve ever seen down there and you started crying about it.
PPR, bitch

Games of the week:

Texark PG @ Gilmer 56-21 PG 3rd That's Gilmer's 3rd loss; they've allowed over 300 points in 6 games.

Hitchcock @ Yoakum Hitchcock 62-32

Malakoff @ Teague 35-0 Malakoff

China Spring @ Alvarado  57-20 CS

Hallettsville @ Columbus  42-14 CC

There are a bunch of surprise undefeated teams facing big PROVE-IT games:

Longview @ Forney  13-7 Lobos; tough first loss by Forney

Summer Creek @ NS  SC hung tough, but lost 31-21.  They're really good, and this district is crazy, with these two, plus Atascocita and CE King.

Mansfield Summit @ Midlo Heritage   42-7 MH.

Weslaco @ Harlingen  Weslaco 35-32  Yowza!

Hondo @ Jourdantan  (They're both undefeated.) Hondo's not anymore  56-25

Hamshire-Fannett @ WOS 21-14 H-F OT

Bells @ Gunter  (They're both undefeated.)  64-6 Gunter

Centennial @ Ryan  Ryan 35-14

Argyle @ Lake Dallas  52-21 Argyle, now 3-2.  LD's first loss.

Belton @ Rouse 32-20 Rouse

LaPorte @ PA Memorial  38-27 PAM

Seminole @ Canyon West Plains  48-23 WP

Graham @ Hirschi  Huskies with a shocker, 27-26 as the Steers blew a 20-7 lead thanks to a Pick 6 and a muffed punt.

Keller at SLC   Indians now 5-1 after losing 56-10.

Also, 

Buda Johnson 20 Austin High 19

Devine 35 SA YMLA 14

Port Isabel 28 UAT-Ciudad Victoria, MX 2

Cedar Hill 47 Mansfield 14

Duncanville 44 Waxahachie 10

Bay City 25 El Campo 21

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1

Harlingen-Weslaco 4th quarter was back and forth. Weslaco made the plays at the end to win. They’re well coached and looking at a 9-1 type season, SB is their only challenge

Our entire offense is QB power right or left with our 5’8 150 lb QB that can’t throw 5 yards downfield. I’ll give the little fucker credit though he runs with hatred in his soul. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Better question is why the B12 is allowing a CFB game on Friday night, if all of HS FB recruiting nights, can’t have attendance and where ZERO recruits can attend?

If in Texas, I’d told the networks F no to a Friday night. I know UTSA had to play on a Friday a couple weeks ago, and it’s a total waste for college games in Texas.

Hook’em!!!

14 hours ago, Helobious said:

Harlingen-Weslaco 4th quarter was back and forth. Weslaco made the plays at the end to win. They’re well coached and looking at a 9-1 type season, SB is their only challenge

Our entire offense is QB power right or left with our 5’8 150 lb QB that can’t throw 5 yards downfield. I’ll give the little fucker credit though he runs with hatred in his soul. 

My brother was at the game and told me the same thing. QB sweep and QB power and we couldn't stop it.

But offense came through with a big drive at the end.

Crazy game!

On 10/7/2023 at 12:55 AM, msucolt45 said:

Better question is why the B12 is allowing a CFB game on Friday night, if all of HS FB recruiting nights, can’t have attendance and where ZERO recruits can attend?

If in Texas, I’d told the networks F no to a Friday night. I know UTSA had to play on a Friday a couple weeks ago, and it’s a total waste for college games in Texas.

Hook’em!!!

If there is money to be made they’ll do it. The players watch things in highlight-sized bites anyhow now. The on-campus stuff I am going to say doesn’t move the needle as much as it may once have. The goal for the best of the best is just finding a team that can get them to their ultimate goal of the NFL as well as who will get them some good money while they are in college. 

On 10/6/2023 at 8:06 PM, cmontexas said:

Pretty stupid to have Duncanville at 3. 30-0 at halftime over Waxahachie. Duncanville  has elite talent at QB, RB, WR, DE and DT. They havent allowed a point since SOC put up 13 in week 0.

Duncanville beat North Shore last year to end the mental edge NS had and this years team is better.

Well they're lucky they don't have to play PSJA North 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Seems like a good time to update the Helo Polls

SA:

1. Steele (5-1) - Too much talent, they’d beat anyone in SA head to head

2. Reagan (6-0) - maybe the most well rounded team on here

3. Johnson (6-0)- offense is as unstoppable as anyone thought. Stone Oak Super Bowl this Friday will tell us a lot about 2 & 3.

4. Smithson Valley (5-1) - did someone say defense? They have it. Oh and Freddie Dubose is having a pretty huge year.

5. Jay (7-0) - The Miracle on Marbach continues as they’re having their best season in over 20 years. Pretty cool to see.

RGV:

1. PSJA North (6-0) - my feelings are known

2. San Benito (6-0) - Fabian García is keeping them rolling to an unbeaten record so far

3. Weslaco (6-0) - Siri, play “Negro Como La Pantera” by chino pacas

4. Edinburg Vela (5-1) - they have a QB that actually isn’t that bad but their terrified to let him throw

5. Los Fresnos (5-1) - the only team all year to score on the alphabets. That’s how good Robert Pineda is. 

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

I didn’t realize heterosexual males playing volleyball was a thing until a few years ago. Turns out it’s actually kind of popular in non-Texas places. I think adding that and girls flag would be kind of cool, and drone shit I guess. Whatever gets more kids involved in being part of something positive. 

Top games this week:

Allen @ McKinney

Dripping @ Westlake  Do I smell an upset?

SA Reagan-Johnson

Permian @ Leegacy

BCent @ Aledo

Boerne Champ @ Wagner

McAllen @ Vela

Roho @ AWylie

Frisco Emerson @ Argyle

Alamo Heights @ Harlandale

Waco LV @ China Spring

Calallen @ Alice

Fort Stockton @ Monahans

Center @ Van

Columbus @ Hitchcock

Potts @ Winns

Mason @ Johnson City

Stratford @ Panhandle

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I didn’t realize heterosexual males playing volleyball was a thing until a few years ago. Turns out it’s actually kind of popular in non-Texas places. I think adding that and girls flag would be kind of cool, and drone shit I guess. Whatever gets more kids involved in being part of something positive. 

Shit, it's huge in Hawaii.  The UH men's volleyball team are rock stars there.  Those guys were getting paid more than Eric Dickerson when I worked there.

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Shit, it's huge in Hawaii.  The UH men's volleyball team are rock stars there.  Those guys were getting paid more than Eric Dickerson when I worked there.

Yeah, it was a perfectly cool high school sport in Northern California. The Pac-12 schools are great at it.

This week at home against Centennial and next week at home against Denton Ryan will be the last tests of the year before playoffs.

Last year it took Aledo a full half to figure out how top stop the Cent option game. Once Cent started throwing it was over.

Same with Ryan. Aledo settled down and relied on timely turnovers and Hauss Hejny(hay-knee).

On 8/13/2023 at 7:13 PM, Helobious said:

Ryan Estrada - RB, El Paso El Dorado (SO): if I’m Sark I’m calling every 2026 top RB prospect and telling them to go fuck themselves. The guy I want plays for the El Dorado Aztecs. Probably my favorite player in the state, has offers from Baylor, Tech, UTEP, UTSA already, unheard of number of FBS offers for an El Paso freshman. Insert the “and he can pass!” gif from Friday Night Lights. The kid is a playmaker.

Let’s check in: 

IMG_3804.thumb.jpeg.7c8c2366c9eeca654ab8692fa6655c6e.jpeg

(in my defense Estrada has been hurt most of the year)

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Mansfield started this season 5-0 but got blown out by Cedar Hill and last night Duncanville outgained them 431-40. The Tigers managed 1 first down the entire game. 51-0 final after it was 44-0 at the half

People talk about 83 Daingerfield, 85 Yates and the Kyler Murray Allen teams as the best ever. This Duncanville team may be the best.

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Mansfield started this season 5-0 but got blown out by Cedar Hill and last night Duncanville outgained them 431-40. The Tigers managed 1 first down the entire game. 51-0 final after it was 44-0 at the half

People talk about 83 Daingerfield, 85 Yates and the Kyler Murray Allen teams as the best ever. This Duncanville team may be the best.

A long way to go, so I'd tap the brakes a little.  They were ahead 30-0 at the end of Q1, and didn't touch the ball in Q3 as Mansfield had the ball with the clock running... the entire quarter.

• Drool 1

8 minutes ago, cochamps said:

A long way to go, so I'd tap the brakes a little.  They were ahead 30-0 at the end of Q1, and didn't touch the ball in Q3 as Mansfield had the ball with the clock running... the entire quarter.

Its interesting how far MISD seems to have fallen off. Arlington too now that Wager is gone. I think alot of that talent matriculated to North Crowley, Aledo and the Midlo schools

• Hook 'Em 3

Its interesting how far MISD seems to have fallen off. Arlington too now that Wager is gone. I think alot of that talent matriculated to North Crowley, Aledo and the Midlo schools

A lot of the Mansfield departures have been to Midlothian and Centennial. Although, Aledo’s soph rb is a Mansfield transfer.

South Crowley is benefiting from all the South Fort Worth developments being zoned to them.

North Mesquite may be the worst 5A team I’ve ever seen. Longview is up 49-0 with 4 minutes left in the first half and they’ve run a total of I believe 13 plays and thrown 2 passes. North Mesquite has zero first downs and I think -8 total yards. Seriously.  -8. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces

On 10/11/2023 at 12:08 PM, Helobious said:

My nephew plays volleyball for North Central in Naperville. Apparently Chicago is a pretty big hotbed for men's small college volleyball. 

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

North Mesquite may be the worst 5A team I’ve ever seen. Longview is up 49-0 with 4 minutes left in the first half and they’ve run a total of I believe 13 plays and thrown 2 passes. North Mesquite has zero first downs and I think -8 total yards. Seriously.  -8. 

Is that bad?