Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

Despite the 9th, a really nice win. Down 5-0 to a decent team. Meh, they got this.

2.5 games up.

Astros have a tough 4-game stretch ending Thursday at Camden. 

Rangers need to sweep the next 4 including the last 3 at that garbage Oakland. That would be 8 of 9.

Looking for a 4.5 game lead going into next weekend at SF.

It's crazy how with so much bullshit this team has been through since losing DeGrom we've managed to never lose the division lead. So many little nags or chinks in the armor and slumps and distractions and blown games and they just keep trucking.

Really damn impressive team so far. Just have to keep it up. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 4

Went to my first Rangers game in 1976. I have loved a lot of teams over the years win or lose, but this group of guys are moving up the list quick. Just a very likable group of gritty professionals. Wore my 1970’s Sundberg jersey on the first night of the homestand for good luck (you’re welcome). Man, this has been a fun season so far.

IMG_0319.jpeg

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ignatius said:

51 games left; W/L of our remaining schedule is below .500.

Keep grinding….

Go 30-21 and hit that elusive 95-win mark. I’m greedy and want 35-16. 

31 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Hell of a weekend for Berti.

I’m right by the Marlins dugout and he tossed a ball to kids coming off the field, and I shit you not he sailed it over their heads and was jeered. My wife said they needed to take him out. I told her to shut her whore mouth. 

Obviously nice to see Heaney with another great outing and the offense's power surge. But my equal good takeaway was seeing Maddux and Scherzer fully engaged on the top step during the game, whether it be about Heaney's mechanics of otherwise. 

The Rangers should get dividends from Scherzer every 5th day on the hill. He'll provide more between starts. 

Injuries...no bueno with Seager's thumb flaring up. Sounds like he may sit for game one at Oakland. No idea on Jung's situation after that brutal line drive. 

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I like this Stratton cat because he goes more than 1 IP each time. Rare these days. 

My son’s coaches are sitting right behind us and know him personally. I liked him too. CY has done work these past few years and particularly this year. 

10 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Oakland:

Dunning, Scherzer, Montgomery v. Waldichuk, Sears, TBD

Sweep that garbage. 

I really worry about you if we don’t sweep A’s.