People acting like whiny old people

texasdago

Music always pushes social boundaries and society adjusts or realizes the boundary didn’t matter. kids want music their parents hate. When I was a kid, my local cable company dropped mtv and picked up some more wholesome music channel (turner owned) almost solely due to madonnas, like a virgin performance was the ‘84 mtv awards. MTV was back within a month. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_Music_Channel

Parents of current kids always ALWAYS complain that they have to protect their kids ears. Welcome to party pal. In a few years your kids will be doing “worse” things than what you’re protecting them from hearing.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Music always pushes social boundaries and society adjusts or realizes the boundary didn’t matter. kids want music their parents hate. When I was a kid, my local cable company dropped mtv and picked up some more wholesome music channel (turner owned) almost solely due to madonnas, like a virgin performance was the ‘84 mtv awards. MTV was back within a month. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_Music_Channel

Parents of current kids always ALWAYS complain that they have to protect their kids ears. Welcome to party pal. In a few years your kids will be doing “worse” things than what you’re protecting them from hearing.

Could be directed at me. I’m not complaining, except in the context of a thread complaining about old people complaining. I haven’t said anything to my wife or friends since, the FCC, written a letter to the editor, etc. In “a few” years my daughter will not have smelled her own pussy on national TV. She might have kissed a boy at that point. 

Could be directed at me. I’m not complaining, except in the context of a thread complaining about old people complaining. I haven’t said anything to my wife or friends since, the FCC, written a letter to the editor, etc. In “a few” years my daughter will not have smelled her own pussy on national TV. She might have kissed a boy at that point. 

It’s amazing how much you remind me of prissy “Anne,” the mother of one of my middle school classmates. She was super hung up on anything sex-related. Our school was considering adding basic sex ed to the curriculum (private Catholic school, mind you…but a lot of pretty smart people with basic awareness). At the board meeting to consider the policy, Anne stood up to speak (I was there to speak in support of the policy, along with my mother). Anne gave the standard rant about how our innocent young minds would be stained by their mere exposure to the idea of sex, etc, blah blah blah. While she was ranting, I leaned over to my mom and asked “so…should I mention that we’ve all seen her daughter getting fingered in the back of the bus on the way home from football games?” My mom shushed me and told me don’t you dare.
The point being, most of us around here are quite familiar with the routine of puritanical parents producing sexually libertine kids. Tale as old as time. Good luck with that.
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Huh What GIFs | Tenor

You do know we have the ability to read your previous posts, right? Also, I swore you were "tapping out" of this conversation.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s amazing how much you remind me of prissy “Anne,” the mother of one of my middle school classmates. She was super hung up on anything sex-related. Our school was considering adding basic sex ed to the curriculum (private Catholic school, mind you…but a lot of pretty smart people with basic awareness). At the board meeting to consider the policy, Anne stood up to speak (I was there to speak in support of the policy, along with my mother). Anne gave the standard rant about how our innocent young minds would be stained by their mere exposure to the idea of sex, etc, blah blah blah. While she was ranting, I leaned over to my mom and asked “so…should I mention that we’ve all seen her daughter getting fingered in the back of the bus on the way home from football games?” My mom shushed me and told me don’t you dare.
The point being, most of us around here are quite familiar with the routine of puritanical parents producing sexually libertine kids. Tale as old as time. Good luck with that.

Well you’ve got me all wrong. I have major issues with women, as in, I love them and they love me. I’ve had this problem as long as I can remember, and it’s gotten me in a lot of trouble. And I’m the antithesis of your buddy’s mom and have a school district board of trustees voting record to prove it. 

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Huh What GIFs | Tenor

You do know we have the ability to read your previous posts, right? Also, I swore you were "tapping out" of this conversation.

I did and you’re right. 

31 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Well you’ve got me all wrong. I have major issues with women, as in, I love them and they love me. I’ve had this problem as long as I can remember, and it’s gotten me in a lot of trouble. And I’m the antithesis of your buddy’s mom and have a school district board of trustees voting record to prove it. 

I did and you’re right. 

Girl Sure Jan GIF - Girl Sure Jan Sarcastic GIFs

• Haha 2