2024 NBA draft - Bronny in the top ten?

closetohumping

Nobody wants to fuck with Klutch, so even if Bronny were a lottery pick level prospect, he’d be untouchable until the Lakers pick.

Looking forward to the day when these assholes aren’t ruining the NBA. 

Until then, I’m patiently waiting for the Cavs to trade Mitchell to Lakers for a bag of basketballs and some towels. 

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Nobody wants to fuck with Klutch, so even if Bronny were a lottery pick level prospect, he’d be untouchable until the Lakers pick.

Looking forward to the day when these assholes aren’t ruining the NBA. 

Pfffft that's not how any of that works.

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

From some critiques I watched, Bronny had a subpar day in the combine in the scrimmages. Lebron can get trainers to help Bronny succeed with jumping and shooting drills but his game is still not ready for heavy college minutes.

Slow ass release.  I’m not the only one that noticed

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Slow ass release.  I’m not the only one that noticed

You need to be exceptional at several skills to make the NBA at 6'1".  I'm unsure that Bronny is exceptional at anything. I will give him credit that a 40 inch vertical leap is in the upper level of most NBA players but he was average at best at the speed drills.  Short, slow SG who can jump out of the gym but may just be an average shooter.  That's the definition of the guy who is does well at the local gym.

Still I guess that he will be drafted because the team drafting him is basically drafting LeBron for a year or two. Or worst case, you draft Bronny and then immediately trade him for a player greater than the draft spot.  

1 hour ago, definitely not derka said:

I.e., the value of what in many other years is the 19th overall pick?

It'll be interesting to see in five years where this draft class actually ranks since, say, 2000. I know, right now, it's looked at as holistically deficient.

17 hours ago, ztejas said:

"A poor man's Davion Mitchell".  Ouch. Basically like saying "a poor man's borderline NBA player"

That is crazy because Davion Mitchell was an absolutely awesome NCAA player. He was one of the most aggressive lock down perimeter defenders I have seen.  I thought he was going to do great in the NBA.  I still think he might do ok if he got out of Sacramento.  I wish San Antonio would trade for him.

10 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

At least ten teams have invited Bronny to work out.  He’s turned them all down accept the lakers and the suns. 

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Seems like he really wants to live his life long dream of being a NBA player.

It's always been a sham and will be recorded in history as such.

it’ll probably continue to be that way the current climate of american youth basketball. from players focusing on skill over being a competent, winning player, to what aau has done to player development, iq, and work ethic, to the fact that every 19 year old with a chance to get drafted is entering the draft these days, what you’re left with is a bunch of lesser known foreigners and 19 and 20 year old americans who may be a top five pick who’s already peaked, or a second round pick and future mvp. the talent level of draft classes is probably going to stink going forward.