49-0

Bullneck

Of all the great Horn plays I've seen live, the Bomar hit was one of the greatest, it ranks up there with Vince's 4th and 5.  I was sitting at the top of the lower level in the end zone, you could hear the crunch all the way up there when he got hit.  I seriously thought he was going to be leaving on a cart.

After 2005, OU fans were what-iffing that if their LB (I forget his name) hadn’t got hurt, if a penalty had been called, they’d be right in it. After 2023, when their whole team, players and coaches, quit in the third quarter, there was no “what iffing “. 

So, yeah, we shouldn’t have called off the dogs in 2005. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Arnold needs a year, we won't see him. Venerables getting his defense in order and his secondary is improved. Their offensive line is going to sink them from being a contender in Big12 this year. They aren't great and have zero depth. The dropoff from 1s to 2s is enormous. Receivers are meh as a group and with little time to throw for Qbs,  I don't think OU fans will like what they see in year two.

We should win very comfortably (20+)

35 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Arnold needs a year, we won't see him. Venerables getting his defense in order and his secondary is improved. Their offensive line is going to sink them from being a contender in Big12 this year. They aren't great and have zero depth. The dropoff from 1s to 2s is enormous. Receivers are meh as a group and with little time to throw for Qbs,  I don't think OU fans will like what they see in year two.

TL:DR version...

OU sucks.

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'm sure the same Bremen Thompson who couldn't see the field at UT will make all the difference in their passing game this year. 

4 hours ago, AllenTx75 said:

This year RRR will be different obviously , as OU has a good back up QB in Jackson Arnold. A scary QB . 

But the horns should still win by 2 Touchdowns 

Why do we care how good the backup QB is?

Edited by TrashMaster G
typing is hard

21 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Before we start awarding ourselves Victoria Crosses and Congressional Medals of Honor and so on and so forth and such like ... let us remember ...

1996 ... we were 21 point favorites over an 0 - 4 Hillbillies team. They had lost to the murderer's row of San Diego State, TCU, Tulsa and Kansas. ... And, WE LOST 31 - 27.

2015 ... under the followship of Coach Potato, we were 16.5 point underdogs to the Hillbillies. Every person on the good guys' side of the stadium was given a travel size bottle of lube as we walked in. For some reason, known only to God and broccoli, we pulled out a 24 - 17 win.

I have been to over 30 of these games ... and you just never can tell. 

On paper, we should absolutely dump truck them, we should stampede their women and rape their cattle.  But.. we will see.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lidig8r said:

Before we start awarding ourselves Victoria Crosses and Congressional Medals of Honor and so on and so forth and such like ... let us remember ...

1996 ... we were 21 point favorites over an 0 - 4 Hillbillies team. They had lost to the murderer's row of San Diego State, TCU, Tulsa and Kansas. ... And, WE LOST 31 - 27.

2015 ... under the followship of Coach Potato, we were 16.5 point underdogs to the Hillbillies. Every person on the good guys' side of the stadium was given a travel size bottle of lube as we walked in. For some reason, known only to God and broccoli, we pulled out a 24 - 17 win.

On paper, we should absolutely dump truck them, we should stampede their women and rape their cattle.  But.. we will see.

What I'm hearing is that they are terrible and we should win convincingly. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Walking out after 2012 ass whipping, we were crossing the street outside Fair Park. Waiting for the walk light, this one line old Sooner, turned to me and started wagging his finger. “I’ve been coming to this game for 50 years! THAT was the worst I have ever seen the University of Texas look!” He sounded offended  

Honestly, I felt a little shamed. 

I thought about that old bumpkin last year, leaving the game. I’ve seen embarrassing performances before, from both teams, but I never saw one quit as thoroughly as the Sooners did last year. 

Edited by statsman
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 12:50 PM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

So basically they'll have receivers running wide open all day long that the entire stadium sees but the team cant do anything to stop AND/OR theyll have some god forsaken scat back that cant see over the line but runs wild for 8000 yards that game.  

On 4/25/2023 at 3:18 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Why do we care how good the backup QB is?

because Gabriel , who was out last year, is injury and concussion prone, and OU is much deeper this year.  Arnold , is much more dangerous either way, 

Horns have to win the Big12 this year.  enough is enough .  

2 minutes ago, AllenTx75 said:

because Gabriel , who was out last year, is injury and concussion prone, and OU is much deeper this year.  Arnold , is much more dangerous either way, 

Horns have to win the Big12 this year.  enough is enough .  

Where are they deeper at? 

RB? No

WR? No

OL? No

TE? No

On 4/26/2023 at 9:13 AM, Lidig8r said:

* Meth-addled rednecks

Show me the hill near 0u's campus