Texas Tech @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

Thought this for a while.  I’m not sure if Pierce has him as some pet project or what.  

Yeah Pierce seems loyal to his upper class underachievers till it starts costing us like this then he makes changes. Did it with Fields, Ridgeway, Nixon. Sure I’m missing some. But he’s also done great at developing. Like Bocchi and Andy McGuire 

Fuck this ump  4 straight strikes 

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Thought the same thing and then he blew it by him.  I would have called a change and I bet he still strikes out. 

Yeah Kash is showing today why he wasn’t annoyed the starter. He’s talented but still has a long ways to go 

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

Thought the same thing and then he blew it by him.  I would have called a change and I bet he still strikes out. 

He seems great at keying in on the fastball, but he can't hit off-speed stuff, as @Fletch said, and he chases a ton of pitches outside the zone. He's just an immature hitter at this juncture. I'm sure he'll rake next year.

Man, if the lineup keeps progressing and we get a value-add Witt back, this team could be in a good spot in a month.

And, of course, as soon as I say this, Sthele leaves one up.

I like that Pierce went and got him. He doesn't do that in this situation in the past with Sthele. Pierce knows he needs this series for RPI.

Edited by MuellerHorn

3 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Man, if the lineup keeps progressing and we get a value-add Witt back, this team could be in a good spot in a month.

And, of course, as soon as I say this, Sthele leaves one up.

I like that Pierce went and got him. He doesn't do that in this situation in the past with Sthele. Pierce knows he needs this series for RPI.

Have to somehow find a way to win this series or the one in Stillwater next week. You take one of those series and you sitting in a pretty good spot with probably a RPI that is hovering around top 30.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Have to somehow find a way to win this series or the one in Stillwater next week. You take one of those series and you sitting in a pretty good spot with probably a RPI that is hovering around top 30.

Hope we win both.

1 minute ago, BarthHollamew said:

Is it me or do we seem to make more base running mistakes than other teams . . . including last year.  Feels like my church softball team sometimes.  

Tech made some pretty stupid ones yesterday...made me feel a little bit better.