Texas Tech @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

Awesome weekend with a nice little ending! I was a little worried heading into this series with Tech that some of our success against lower competition would bite us in the ass. Mainly because of the opposing teams inability to execute the simplest things. Well, they definitely answered those worries this weekend. They fought back multiple times, pitched extremely well, and had timely hits that you need to do in order win against good competition. Loving where this team is at and I hope they continue to grow! 

Also, the GG walk-off and bat flip is probably something Kash dreamed of doing this weekend against his former team, but unfortunately for him we live in reality where Tech sucks ass.

• Hook 'Em 3

Why didn't we see Burke this weekend? I thought he'd pitch today for sure. He's better than at least four of the guys we threw (Walbridge, Stuart, Howard, and Whitehead).

Don’t know about Burke but 3 of those dudes are lefties and Tech had lots of lefty hitters. It seems like they preferred the clean up, switch hitter to bat righty too.

I think they just liked what they’ve seen out of Howard.

53 minutes ago, Rholl said:

aggie logic….. lose 2 SEC series to be ready for the Horns on a tues non conf game. 

Every aggy on the planet would take a losing SEC record if it meant going 1-0 vs. UT that year. That's why Texas wins championships and aggy jerks off to moral victories.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Not if we keep winning.

Looks like we are 23 in the RPI now. We are on our way if we keep playing well.

Yeah, duh.  I'm saying that I am far from convinced that we have the team to get there this year.  I certainly hope so.

The Big XII doesn't look particularly formidable this year, so even if we do get there and host, I will worry that our relatively weak schedule will hinder us in multiple ways.