2023 Yankees Season Thread: Revenge Tour

Helobious

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nesn.com/2023/08/yankees-handling-of-waiving-harrison-bader-total-embarrassment/amp/

Just now, texashorne said:

But Bader didn’t learn of his fate in a traditional way. Instead, the 29-year-old revealed he found out he was being waived by catching a glimpse of a television.

“I was in the lunchroom. Saw it on ESPN,” Bader told reporters following New York’s win over the Detroit Tigers on Tuesday, per YES Network video. “I guess it popped somehow on there. So, that’s how I found out.”

15 minutes ago, texashorne said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nesn.com/2023/08/yankees-handling-of-waiving-harrison-bader-total-embarrassment/amp/

But Bader didn’t learn of his fate in a traditional way. Instead, the 29-year-old revealed he found out he was being waived by catching a glimpse of a television.

“I was in the lunchroom. Saw it on ESPN,” Bader told reporters following New York’s win over the Detroit Tigers on Tuesday, per YES Network video. “I guess it popped somehow on there. So, that’s how I found out.”

What a totally unbiased source. 

Waivers isn’t the same as being released or traded or sent down and that author has no idea what the fuck they’re talking about. No team would sit a player down and say “we’re placing you on waivers”. That’s like sitting them down and saying “hey you’re probably not going anywhere but there’s a chance you might. And even we don’t know where”.  Not surprised an idiot like you ate that up.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Helobious said:

What a totally unbiased source. 

Waivers isn’t the same as being released or traded or sent down and that author has no idea what the fuck they’re talking about. No team would sit a player down and say “we’re placing you on waivers”. That’s like sitting them down and saying “hey you’re probably not going anywhere but there’s a chance you might. And even we don’t know where”.  Not surprised an idiot like you ate that up.

So the media finds out major transactions before the players? OK. And of all the shit you have eaten up the past few years, the idiot comment is pretty rich. 

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

Waivers isn’t a major transaction. That’s what you don’t get.

Its big enough to let a player and/or his agent know.. Somebody dropped the ball for ESPN to find out first.

In other news, I picked up Jasson on my fantasy team based on you hyping him up.. We shall see. 

14 hours ago, Helobious said:

You’re gonna meet someone named Jasson Dominguez on Friday that’s going to be your daddy for a long ass time. 

But you told us at the beginning of the season Anthony Volpe was going to save the Yankees. 

On 3/28/2023 at 4:04 PM, Helobious said:

Anthony fucking Volpe. Will be the youngest player to start for the Yankees on opening day since… yup. Derek Jeter in 1996. Coincidence? Nope. No idea where this bullshit that he doesn’t have the glove for short comes from. We just survived an entire season of IKF being terrible there. Volpe and Judge can anchor the lineup and hopefully be good enough to overcome the shitty management & injuries. Let’s see what happens. Fuck Houston. 

22 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

But you told us at the beginning of the season Anthony Volpe was going to save the Yankees. 

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I did, too.  I hope to hell that he works out better than Volpe.

Talk all the shit you want about Volpe, he’s about to become one of the only players ever to have a 20 HR-20 SB rookie season. He’s been hitting much better in the 2nd half and is going to be a star going forward. 

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Talk all the shit you want about Volpe, he’s about to become one of the only players ever to have a 20 HR-20 SB rookie season. He’s been hitting much better in the 2nd half and is going to be a star going forward. 

So he achieved this about 4 hours after I posted about it. That’s Nostradamus type shit. Just the 15th player ever.

And I’m so fucking excited to see Jasson tomorrow. And wells

56 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Volpe’s bWAR is 3.6, that is fucking insanely good for 22. 

So sad some of you are that bored. 

OPS is only roughly .700 so he must be terrible. 

He’s really struggled at times but he’s had nothing other than an extremely solid rookie year. I think he’ll be a routinely top 10 shortstop for years to come once he fully adjusts.