2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Umps took over the game in the 8th to hand the Dodgers a win. Altuve and Bregman both got 2 or 3 pitches out of the zone called strikes. They let everybody round the bases and didn't call a ground rule double until Tucker went and pointed at the ball. 2nd base ump was staring down Stanek looking for something to call a balk on. Both announcers including Karros said that is never called a balk.

2 hours ago, Honeysucklerose said:

Bring back AJ

Why, he fucking sucks? He's no better than Dusty and his shitty decisions cost us the 2015 ALDS against KC and the 2019 WS over Washington. He's below average as he is showing in Detroit. This is who he has always been.

Angels acquired Mike Moustakos from Colorado for a Single A 11th round pick. This is exactly the kind of move the Astros should have made. We have no one to backup first and third and he can do both. 3 time all star batting .270 with 4 HR in 115 ABs. Don’t have to be earth shattering to top our 1B and give Bregman a day off. But we can just keep on signing DFAs and minor league scrubs hoping for miracles. Don’t get it. I’m planning on being on my deer lease in October for the first time in years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah. Dusty had a terrible game. But I don’t bitch about lineups or bullpen usage because that’s just involves speculation that the results would be different. But what angered me the most was that Baker wouldn’t get his ass out of the dugout and defend his pitcher and team on a bad call that determined the outcome of the game. Unforgivable. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Yeah. Dusty had a terrible game. But I don’t bitch about lineups or bullpen usage because that’s just involves speculation that the results would be different. But what angered me the most was that Baker wouldn’t get his ass out of the dugout and defend his pitcher and team on a bad call that determined the outcome of the game. Unforgivable. 

Yep. The reason a manager runs out there to talk to or argue with the ump is not to get the call overturned, which is what all the Dusty Twitter defenders think and why they don’t blame him for staying in the dugout because it wasn’t going to be changed anyway. The reason is so the player, Stanek in this case, doesn’t get run and you have to burn another arm before the end of the inning. Luckily for Dusty, Stanek held it together long enough to finish his job and then went apeshit and got run. Then Dusty came out after the fact as an afterthought. Or he just woke up or something. Him getting run after the inning was over was just window dressing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Why, he fucking sucks? He's no better than Dusty and his shitty decisions cost us the 2015 ALDS against KC and the 2019 WS over Washington. He's below average as he is showing in Detroit. This is who he has always been.

I'm gonna have to 2nd this. I like Hinch as a person, but some of his decisions (especially bullpen/pitching) left me scratching my head 

But, man... I feel like Dusty is intentionally sabotaging us this year. I'm still salty about him not running Neris back out in this 8th last night and then not pulling Abreu after 3 straight walks. Don't even want to get into his disdain for Chas. 

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:

I'm gonna have to 2nd this. I like Hinch as a person, but some of his decisions (especially bullpen/pitching) left me scratching my head 

But, man... I feel like Dusty is intentionally sabotaging us this year. I'm still salty about him not running Neris back out in this 8th last night and then not pulling Abreu after 3 straight walks. Don't even want to get into his disdain for Chas. 

his handling of the pitching staff cost us a World Series clinching game 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Angels acquired Mike Moustakos from Colorado for a Single A 11th round pick. This is exactly the kind of move the Astros should have made. We have no one to backup first and third and he can do both. 3 time all star batting .270 with 4 HR in 115 ABs. Don’t have to be earth shattering to top our 1B and give Bregman a day off. But we can just keep on signing DFAs and minor league scrubs hoping for miracles. Don’t get it. I’m planning on being on my deer lease in October for the first time in years. 

brown dropped the ball here. LH bat and very decent numbers. Plays 1B