2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So legit - again just like yesterday we are winning this game if not for Maldonado’s passed ball and if he’d have done anything with men on base. 
He’s the definition of a negative value player. 

If Sunken Cost fallacy was a person. Maldanado would be that person. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Tucker and Bregman have left a few on base, too.

Stop fucking jacking with the line-up. Why is Tucker batting second? 

Shit like this happens when it's line-up yatzi every fucking day b/c grandpa doesn't have anything better to do than tinker around with shit he shouldn't be.

Edited by Dnaguy

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So legit - again just like yesterday we are winning this game if not for Maldonado’s passed ball and if he’d have done anything with men on base. 
He’s the definition of a negative value player. 

If he were cut and Baker fired at 11:00 p.m., I'd wonder what took so long. I don't think we're good enough to overcome both of them this year. 

Got to say- I bet Jon singleton hits like 180 and doesn’t do much but he does give a somewhat quality AB with tracking pitches and swing/take decisions. 
I’m pretty sure the bay path is broken and he won’t ever be able to hit MLB pitching well, but if he’s a LHH bench guy that plays occasionally as a DH or 1B that can run into one occasionally there are worse things to have on your 26 man roster. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Diaz at 1B. Call up Salazar. This isn’t hard. 

i'm fine with singleton, at least while abreu is out.  but he doesn't hit lefties like tucker and yordan.  duh.  it was just the spot where you have to ph and get the guys over.  if for no other reason than to clear meyers.  you gotta tie the game when the first 2 guys get on.

• Hook 'Em 2