2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

11 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Proud The Karate Kid GIF Gruntled

@Wulaw Horn - Are you the happiest Astro fan ever?

I mean- I was sitting at my desk looking at an update about market worsening and sweating because it’s 80 degrees in my office and getting no excitement about the idea of eating my third meal of the day as 1/4 of a cup of cold chicken salad (just the salad- not the bread) looking at the clock and cussing the fact that I have to pick up kids at 6:45 and 7:30 before I get to go home. And then I saw it- this lineup- and all of my problems seemed to melt away. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Lol it is still hilarious that someone can write out a lineup and have MaShitty 9 every day he is in the lineup. Then they guy he subs for him he bats fucking 5th.

Its like dude you do realize by your own lineup construction that Diaz is far fucking superior to MaShitty.

Kind of shocked he doesn't just auto bat Diaz 9th all the time to try and cover up his dumbassery.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

It is surprising, since when it's 2nd base, the replacement has to bat at the top of the order.  If someone ever brought this up to him, Dusty would probably respond by moving Maldonado up to 5th in the order.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Lol it is still hilarious that someone can write out a lineup and have MaShitty 9 every day he is in the lineup. Then they guy he subs for him he bats fucking 5th.

Its like dude you do realize by your own lineup construction that Diaz is far fucking superior to MaShitty.

Kind of shocked he doesn't just auto bat Diaz 9th all the time to try and cover up his dumbassery.

I'd really not even given this a minute of consideration.  Dusty would say- that doesn't matter b/c his defense is so superior that although it's a given that he sucks at hitting it's still worth it.  Intangibles.  But yeah- that's pretty damning evidence.

But I've also heard Dusty say he's looked at the numbers and other than a couple points in BA they are basically the same guy offensively.  That's what the stats say Jack. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's actually a big complaint.

on a scale of 1 to Dusty it's about a 1.2, honestly.  The 1 thing Singleton does well is draw walks (and run into an occasional bomb I guess) so if he's on base for Chas maybe that's helpful. But yeah- it's negging Chas for no reason. Which is on brand for Dusty. 

On 8/11/2023 at 8:15 PM, TonyTexas said:

Put on your walking shoes

That is you on Friday.

"Glad to see the ultimate AAAA player has replaced him. My expectations of Singleton's small time on the roster are .150/.210/.275/17 k's/55 abs. Something like that. They'd be better off with an empty roster space than having either guy in the clubhouse."

That was me when they called Singleton up. So you decided to talk shit after Singleton's one useful game of the season. 

Here is where the fatass, pot-smoking slug is statistically at 55 at bats this season for the Astros:

.128/.255/.277/13 k's. 

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Here is where the fatass, pot-smoking slug is statistically at 55 at bats this season for the Astros:

.128/.255/.277/13 k's. 

Get your facts straight. He’s had 18 ABs with the Astros. .167/.324/.500/2 K’s

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

This offense blows. Singles followed by pop outs and strikeouts. Anyone that thinks this team is gonna just get it and make a run to the WS is crazy. Offense sucks coupled with dusty and the lineup is just too much to overcome. 

But this is baseball, so it's entirely possible that they do exactly that.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

But this is baseball, so it's entirely possible that they do exactly that.

Sure man whatever you wanna hope for. Go for it. Astros “exploding” for runs is few and far between. We do this way more consistently than we score 11 runs, and our pitching is nowhere near as dominating as last year. Hell the offense last year wasn’t all that great and it was the pitching that bailed us out. Anyways hope we pull out of it.