2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

If it makes you feel better, the Rangers are losing 12 to 0 against Cleveland. 

Cleveland is close to toronto but I guarantee you they are pissed they had a night game on getaway day.

I feel like we got a break this year and didn’t have any games like that this year.

helps having just about every Thursday off this year 

Regardless of tonight's outcome, it seems to me we have two main options to pick from in describing this year:

(1) We're still a title-level team, but we've just had some unfortunate injuries even as the league was improving dramatically;

or

(2) We have a haphazardly constructed roster whose shortcomings have been accentuated by inept managing and perhaps complacency. Timely hot streaks by a few hitters are the only reason we don't have an even worse record than we do.

Season's clearly not over yet. But with every passing game, (2) looks like a much better description of reality. Brown has a lot of work to do this winter, starting with finding a brighter bulb for the dugout. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:

This team is infuriating. The offense just isn't consistent and I fear we've moved too far away from analytics (which helped make us successful). Seems we just make decisions based on gut feel and relationships now. 

I’m used to “we” = multiple people but if that’s your term for Dusty, so be it 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1