2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Never really had a chance.  Not nearly the support or really expansive platform to run.  I guess she improved her visibility and maybe the profile of some of women's issues but I expect a few more in September.

I expect a few more by Friday. Missing a debate is killer 

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Why do people have such strong negative feelings about Tulsi? It's weird

I don't have strong negative feelings towards Tulsi.  I have zero feelings for her.  I do find it funny that her number one fan in Fozz pushes for Warren to drop out because of a perceived lack of minority support but champions Tulsi after her lack of any support whatsoever.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Why do people have such strong negative feelings about Tulsi? It's weird

I wouldn't describe what I feel antipathy as much as apathy. To say that her performance so far hasn't matched the hype would be a massive understatement. 

She had the anti-war lane all to herself and completely squandered it, despite given chances to debate lightweights like Tim Ryan. There are plenty of anti-war democrats who would have given her a second thought, but she chose to appear in the wrong kind of media. With most of the Left digging Liz or Bernie, she chose to go after the male disaffected anti-establishment quasi-libertarian crowd. These people are an already small proportion of the population. LOL if she expected them ever to vote in a Democratic primary. 

She has been strangely subdued in debates and at other public forums. Too often she also showed up in the wrong places. Go on Fox News and do a town hall, like Bernie. Don't go on fucking Tucker Carlson and rail against the DNC. She needed to talk to the voters. Instead, she was just another cable news talking head. As far a controversial candidates go, she was downright boring.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I don't have strong negative feelings towards Tulsi.  I have zero feelings for her.  I do find it funny that her number one fan in Fozz pushes for Warren to drop out because of a perceived lack of minority support but champions Tulsi after her lack of any support whatsoever.   

Warren isn’t half the woman Tulsi is. 

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Somewhere on this board I posted after my first time seeing Tulsi interviewed that she struck me as a moron. Nothing I've seein since then has changed my opinion of her. 

That must be why all the guys I know who watch Fox like her so much.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

This is interesting.  Has anyone ever seen Fozz and Tulsi in the same room?  Yep

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Somewhere on this board I posted after my first time seeing Tulsi interviewed that she struck me as a moron. Nothing I've seein since then has changed my opinion of her. 

What does that make Harris?  She got destroyed and her only response was ”herr  derr Assadist”

Edited by Fozzz
  • Like 1

Appearing on FOX or other right-wing media is only a problem if you don't spread a left message. If you go on FOX to smile and be pleasant and agreeable then yes, you're a tool of hate propaganda. If you go on there and actively combat the messaging of the right, then you're reaching a necessary audience with a necessary message. I don't know what Tulsi did on Tucker, of course.

As for not showing up in the debates, well I think Kamala Harris would disagree with regard to Tulsi's inefficacy there.

The problem with going negative is that while it hurts the person being attacked, it also hurts the attacker.

9 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Warren isn’t half the woman Tulsi is. 

I wouldn't say that at all.  Tulsi is definitely a little more filled out and curvy, but they're fairly close in stature.  If anything Warren looks like she may have an inch or two on her.

POAGEIUYZYI6TAYKEG43G23EVU.jpg 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Tulsi is supported by Trumpkins and that's it.  That's all you need to know.  

GTFO

She lied about Kamala's record

She called 2 of the Assad chemical attacks false flags

She runs to whine to Tucker Carlson - the Grand Wizard of Fox News - that the DNC is being mean to her

She criticizes the DNC debate qualifying rules despite them being very transparent of what they are and how to qualify - they didn't trick anyone

She's the Republican's favorite candidate in the primary 

• Like 4

lol I would say Biden, Harris, and Klobuchar are the most conservative candidates and would run the most conservative administrations.  Some Republicans like Tulsi because she accurately criticized Harris' record in a way that was highly embarrassing to Harris - they don't care that she was hitting Harris from the left.  

Moreover, everyone should immediately question any claims of wrongdoing with respect to some government that the US wishes to topple.  In this particular case, it turns out that the OPCW's fact finding mission were not in total agreement that the Syrian government was responsible for the Douma attack.  Of course, the assessment questioning the finding that the government was responsible was suppressed and was only leaked later to the embarrassment of the OPCW.  

But a leaked engineering assessment revealed that an expert with the OPCW Fact Finding Mission (FFM) had in fact challenged that conclusion.

The leaked document, authored by Ian Henderson, found that the “dimensions, characteristics and appearance of the cylinders and the surrounding scene of the incidents were inconsistent with what would have been expected in the case of either cylinder having been delivered from an aircraft.”

Accordingly, Henderson wrote, there is “a higher probability that both cylinders were manually placed at those two locations rather than being delivered from aircraft.” Henderson’s conclusion suggests that the attack was in fact staged on the ground. 

Henderson’s work was excluded from the OPCW’s final report to the UN Security Council on March 1, 2019. It remained unknown until it was leaked to a group of UK-based academics known as the Working Group on Syria, Propaganda and Media (WGSPM) in May.

https://thegrayzone.com/2019/06/18/theodore-postol-opcw-syria-gas-attack-douma/

Edited by Fozzz

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Who do y’all think Andrew Yang is drawing support away from? 

I’m thinking Bernie, Warren, Pete, and Beto

Pretty much all the good ones. 

I have no evidence to back this up except an armchair eyeball test. 

Pete and Bernie based on what I've seen. 

The #YangGang is going to be a disaster when he eventually drops out. The conspiratorial nature of his diehard fans will leave a mess of shit behind. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

Spoiler alert: 

Warren will cruise. Biden will stumble. Bernie will take and throw some punches. 

No one else will really move the needle. 

Still too many people on the debate stage with limited speaking time. Most of the "conservative" Ds didn't make this debate, so I don't see too many orchestrated attacks outside of going after Biden (and probably Bernie).  Warren will continue to take cover behind BT's grandpa. 

Not sure who is going to be going after Bernie really hard with who is left.

No Delaney, Bennett, Hickenlooper, Ryan, or Bullock.

11 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

No Delaney, Bennett, Hickenlooper, Ryan, or Bullock.

Don’t sleep on Klobuchar 

49 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't think any will go "really hard" against Bernie. But Uncle Joe will get picked on so much that he'll probably direct some shade towards Bernie. I hope he fails miserably.