2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

2 hours ago, horncyclist said:

He's an effective communicator on these issues. That matters. On immigration, he was the rep from one of the largest trans-border communities. 

Omg, even our borders are trans now.  What next?!?! 

6 hours ago, Zavala said:

Your response to objective polling is a couple articles that quote a couple dems that say “maybe” Hillary can flip Texas?

Cogent. 

On 6/6/2019 at 9:15 AM, Fozzz said:

The most likely nominee for the Dems in 2020 (Biden) is to the right of Tucker Carlson.

Ever notice how Tucker looks like he’s totally clueless? Sleepy eyes. Mouth open. Especially when he’s listening to a guest. 

6 hours ago, horncyclist said:

He's an effective communicator on these issues. That matters. On immigration, he was the rep from one of the largest trans-border communities. 

Cisborder. Beto represents the cisborder part. Some dude in Mexico represents the transborder part.

--That Guy who studied Latin 101 on his own to pass the time working in a ghetto convenience store and nobody had yet invented a phone that he could poke at for hours like a giant Kafka roach working on an apple slice.

Unlike Warren and several other candidates, Bernie didn't vote for the Hyde Amendment in 2018...and yet, this is how he is portrayed on women's issues by the media.

The problem for some, however, is not with Sanders policies, but the way he presents them. His laser focus on economic issues has pushed his stance on gender issues to the background, at a time—post-#MeToo movement, with more women in Congress than ever before—when many feel they should be at the forefront.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bernie-sanders-has-a-blind-spot-on-womens-issues-ex-staffers-say?ref=home&via=twitter_page

Liberalism really is a mental disorder.

Liberals genuinely think it's better to be a piece of shit and then have a redemptive story arc than to just be right in the first place. When it comes to redemptive story arcs, the liberal gets to feel magnanimous and feels validated about their own journey. When faced with someone who has just been principled and right for decades, they feel attacked and judged.

Bernie was an active participant in the Civil Rights movement but can't even talk about it without liberals getting fucking furious.

Our country deserves Biden v Trump and a second Trump term.

I’d love to hear the “I was wrong to vote against the Magnitsky Act in 2012” from Bernie. 

I’m not even kidding.  I would respect him more if he did that.  Everyone makes a mistake from time to time and I’d forgive Bernie if he admits he could have made a better decision in hindsight.

Well that wasn't a mistake, so I don't know why he'd apologize for it.

Here's the bill you're talking about.

H.R.6156 - Russia and Moldova Jackson-Vanik Repeal and Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of 2012

Note the "and".

It was a trap bill because it tied the sanctions related to Magnitsky to permanently normalized trade relations. It wasn't a clean sanctions bill.

"The administration, starting with Hillary Clinton and then John Kerry, did everything they could do to stop the Magnitsky act," Browder said in an interview.

In early 2012, the Magnitsky Act got a surprising boost. The administration wanted to win congressional support for repealing the Jackson-Vanik Amendment, a Soviet-era law that denied Russia normal trade relations with the U.S. If the 1974 law remained on the books, U.S. companies who wanted to sell goods to Russia would face higher tariffs, putting them at a disadvantage to other international companies. Powerful lawmakers signaled they’d only support the repeal if the Magnitsky Act was signed into law. The two provisions were lumped together and approved by the House and the Senate in December 2012. Obama signed them into law almost immediately.

When a clean sanctions bill was put up, Bernie supported it and voted for it.

This has all be explained to you before, but you're disingenuous and operate in bad faith when something activates your Russia-related mental illness.

Is Russia the reason that while Bernie has a better record on women's issues than practically anyone else in the field he is often portrayed as somehow being weak on those issues?  

Why is the realm of politics in this country limited to the aesthetic only?  Why do people who should know better emphasize so heavily a candidate's identity and words when characterizing their "stance" on particular issues to the exclusion of their actual track records and personal ideologies?  Maybe it's the GRUs doing...

Edited by Fozzz

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Well that wasn't a mistake, so I don't know why he'd apologize for it.

Here's the bill you're talking about.

H.R.6156 - Russia and Moldova Jackson-Vanik Repeal and Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of 2012

Note the "and".

It was a trap bill because it tied the sanctions related to Magnitsky to permanently normalized trade relations. It wasn't a clean sanctions bill.

When a clean sanctions bill was put up, Bernie supported it and voted for it.

This has all be explained to you before, but you're disingenuous and operate in bad faith when something activates your Russia-related mental illness.

Can you link me to Bernie explaining why he didn’t vote for the 2012 Magnitsky Act?  It’s not that I don’t trust you...I’d like to hear Bernie out on this for myself. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Link

Turn on your monitor.

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Is Russia the reason that while Bernie has a better record on women's issues than practically anyone else in the field he is often portrayed as somehow being weak on those issues?  

Hugo Brady, "Russia, Russia, Russia!"

Why do people who should know better emphasize so heavily a candidate's identity and words when characterizing their "stance" on particular issues to the exclusion of their actual track records and personal ideologies?

White liberals are desperate to feel like they have a black friend. Because they don't actually have any because they live in communities as segregated as any lifted-truck exurb.

• Like 2

Peter Daou was an absolutely insufferable Hillary shill in 2016, but he has seen the light. He's not even a Bernie Bro, but the centrist shitlib horde is furious with him.

BIG SHOCK: It's the left side of the party that actually has integrity.

If you think the threat of non-voting is coming from the left, ask yourself this question: Who is the left's equivalent of Howard Schultz?

Beto is the dad with the 13.1 sticker on his Yukon and a gratitude journal in his nightstand

Delaney is the biweekly testosterone injection and upper-body-only lifting dad who offers to put suntan oil on his daughter's friends when they come over to lay out

D8j0IevXYAIgbLt.jpg:large

• Like 1

So, did Bernie ever state he didn’t vote for the Magnitsky Act because it was a “trap bill”?, as you suggested? 

I ask because I can’t find this information anywhere except on blogs of Bernie bros creating this trap bill theory out of what appears to be thin air.  I haven’t seen any of this coming from Bernie. 

Regardless, I’m looking forward to your next insult and ridicule. 

4 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Really, who gives a shit hugo?

Did you follow the conversation?  Who gives a shit about Biden seeing the light on the Hyde Amendment?  This is how candidates are vetted.   I don’t doubt Bernie had legit reasons to vote against the Magnitsky Act.  I just want to hear them from Bernie and not some random speculating why he voted the way he did.

28 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Really, who gives a shit hugo?

Hugo has been a bad faith troll regarding Bernie from the beginning.

From that page for the next 10, it's just bullshit attack after bullshit attack, getting dunked on constantly but never stopping.

It's been explained to him in depth, but it doesn't matter. He's a troll.

Twenty-four percent of Iowa’s likely Democratic caucusgoers say former vice president Biden is their first choice for president. Sanders, a Vermont senator, is the first choice for 16% of poll respondents, while Warren, a Massachusetts senator, and Buttigieg, mayor of South Bend, Indiana, are at 15% and 14% respectively. 

No other candidate cracks double digits. California Sen. Kamala Harris comes closest at 7%, and other numbers within the poll indicate some underlying strengths for her.

Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar and former Texas Congressman Beto O’Rourke are at 2%.

Edited by Message Board User

9 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm surprised there's not more chatter on here about this Iowa poll that came out yesterday.  Significant poll movement in a state where most major candidates are campaigning hard and have boots on the ground.  

Beto has been practically living in that state and he’s barely an afterthought 

Biden - dropping quickly and he has zero plans to campaign hard in Iowa. Good news for all of the anti-Biden people on here, including myself! 

Sanders - I don't really know how to spin this in a positive way. He has an army of volunteers in Iowa but this number is really disappointing.  

Warren - Great number proving that her momentum is legit. I also think she's in the unique position of being able to capture a lot of support from people currently favoring other major candidates. Right now everyone seems to love Liz. 

Buttigieg - Not really surprising to see a good number here. He feels at home in Iowa and his message really resonates in this state. If there isn't a major gaffe he has a very good chance to win the Iowa caucus. 

Harris - Don't think she's paid too much attention to Iowa yet. TBD. 

Beto - Yikes.  Looks like Iowans like Beto, but no one really loves him.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Beto has been practically living in that state and he’s barely an afterthought 

It's brutal. 

Beto went from "empty suit" to dishing out specific policy in the span of a few weeks. Seems like most people aren't really buying it just yet. 

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm surprised there's not more chatter on here about this Iowa poll that came out yesterday.  Significant poll movement in a state where most major candidates are campaigning hard and have boots on the ground.

Ever since Biden got in the polling has been a lot less interesting. He feels so inevitable that talking about Sanders/Warren/Buttigieg in the polls seems pointless.

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Biden - dropping quickly and he has zero plans to campaign hard in Iowa. Good news for all of the anti-Biden people on here, including myself! 

Sanders - I don't really know how to spin this in a positive way. He has an army of volunteers in Iowa but this number is really disappointing.  

Warren - Great number proving that her momentum is legit. I also think she's in the unique position of being able to capture a lot of support from people currently favoring other major candidates. Right now everyone seems to love Liz. 

Buttigieg - Not really surprising to see a good number here. He feels at home in Iowa and his message really resonates in this state. If there isn't a major gaffe he has a very good chance to win the Iowa caucus. 

Harris - Don't think she's paid too much attention to Iowa yet. TBD. 

Beto - Yikes.  Looks like Iowans like Beto, but no one really loves him.

I'm gonna vote for whichever Dem wins the nomination. Having said that, if it came down to it, I'd rather roll the dice with Warren/Pistol Pete/Feel the Bern  than take a guaranteed win with Biden. He sucks and we are out of time to be nominating a center-right R in the body of Sleepy Joe. I have zero faith that Biden is going to address the issues with the environment, even with him ripping off Beto's plan, and that's my number one issue.... 

• Like 3